Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

1 minute ago, bengalfan27 said:

you fine him you get this reaction. suspend him and void guarantees what do you think honestly will happen?

Oh man I gotta stock up on popcorn. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bengalfan27 said:

you fine him you get this reaction. suspend him and void guarantees what do you think honestly will happen?

Yeah.  The Raiders and AB are at a crossroads.  Raiders gonna have to make a call if they want him on the team or not.  If they do, then they will need to back off this and have their PR department work overtime to smooth it over.  If they want to get rid of him, suspend him indefinitely and get your money back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You don't suspend a player for a quarter.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of any suspensions being a quarter.   Just mentions that a player would be disciplined for the game.  

The fact that they announced it like they did tells me it's more than that.

I'm not sure but I'd think that term carries a specific definition.  And it wouldn't apply to sitting out part of a game.

Lots of misinformation in this post. You CAN suspend a player a quarter.

Also, they didnt announce ANYTHING yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Agree...he's gotta stand up to bad behavior by a player, or everyone on the team's gonna think they can get away with murder.

Having said that, it just sounds like nothing more than a tantrum that will blow over.  This is football.  Actual fights break out on the practice field and they just break it up.  I just wonder how much discipline they will impose on him.

I don't know if it's just a tantrum...

He's been nothing but a constant distraction all preseason.

If I were Raiders GM it would be done.  I'd suspend/cut him and move on.  You just can't have this stuff....Especially from a guy making that much money who is supposed to be a leader.  They should get out of this fiasco while they still can and let him go become somebody else's problem.

It probably won't come to that though.

Either way, I'm happy that I own zero shares of Brown anywhere.  Reg flags were flying all around Brown during fantasy drafts so really no reason anybody should be surprised.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

Um, you rid yourselves of a locker room cancer and avoid paying money to a guy that may do more harm than good to  your franchise?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

I don't know if it's just a tantrum...

He's been nothing but a constant distraction all preseason.

If I were Raiders GM it would be done.  I'd suspend/cut him and move on.  You just can't have this stuff....Especially from a guy making that much money who is supposed to be a leader.  They should get out of this fiasco while they still can and let him go become somebody else's problem.

It probably won't come to that though.

Either way, I'm happy that I own zero shares of Brown anywhere.  Reg flags were flying all around Brown during fantasy drafts so really no reason anybody should be surprised.

Fair enough.  Agree that he has burned almost all his relationship capital and credibility at this point.

It's not that easy though.  We're not talking about some 3rd string player that they can just cut and forget.  This is AB...maybe the most talented receiver in the game.  These guys get really long leashes.  Look at Josh Gordon, etc.

Here comes the "Hindsight" posts... like clockwork LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

anyone thinking about throwing out some buy low feelers while all this nonsense is happening? Like a 4/5th rounder 

So a train running at full speed gets derailed and is barreling along off it’s tracks and you’re going to call Amtrak to see if you can get a discounted ticket to board?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Let's play "what if":

What if he gets released? Any teams out there willing to put up with him? 

Are you serious? He will be on a team in minutes.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Let's play "what if":

Yes.

As a Gordon lover... I can easily say yes to this.

• Like 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Let's play "what if":

I can see the Pats taking a shot that they can brainwash him into the "Patriot Way".

• Haha 1

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

I can see the Pats taking a shot that they can brainwash him into the "Patriot Way".

Edelman, AB, Josh Gordon, and DT?

Holy Cow....

This guy obviously has a mental illness. His agent Drew Rosenhaus needs to get him some help. 

"It was very ugly. It sounds like a suspension is likely coming."

Edited by LongBalls

Hope this dude gets the boot. Let his diva a** hang out with Gaga and Mariah. What’s the worst that happens? Raiders have a losing season? Pretty used to that.

• Haha 1

Alright real talk - are we assuming he's benched Sunday night?  I assume some of us have replacement options playing tonight, meaning we can't wait around to see what happens.

48 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Mayock is looking more absurd than AB at this point?  I guess broadcasting wasn't the best preparation for being GM after all...

Yes, you are.  😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, there are "those around the league" who believe the Raiders could look to void the $30.125 million Antonio Brown is owed in guaranteed money.

c12c8d30836c575cfd71d1ab64f83f36.gif

Edited by Sack Exchange