Corleone

Antonio Brown 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

Recent developments in AB's employment status, along with the continued inability of some users to keep their comments within the site guidelines, have forced us to lock this thread yet again.  If circumstances warrant, we will reopen.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Lots of misinformation in this post. You CAN suspend a player a quarter.

Also, they didnt announce ANYTHING yet.

 

Yeah...my opinion is "misinformation".  Can you show me anywhere in the past where a player was suspended for a quarter?

Maybe it's happened.  I can't remember it.   The connotation of suspension to me is that he wouldn't even be allowed to be with the team for that quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Alright real talk - are we assuming he's benched Sunday night?  I assume some of us have replacement options playing tonight, meaning we can't wait around to see what happens.

 

Not one of these reports have been truthful or accurate or meaningful in any way for months and really years on AB. Nothing has affected his on field availability and play except for Tomlin.

 

He could not play, but these reports, seeing as how they are 10x more likely to be BS than not, give us nothing of substance, and are more likely misleading than anything else.

Edited by elroypedro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Not only that but operating under the premise all off-season that AB is your stud and how his salary and guarantees tied up the salary cap. Now if he's released, raiders look like 3-13 2-14. Mayock gruden gone next year 

 

Gruden has a ten year, 10 mil per year contract and it's guaranteed.  No way the Raiders get rid of him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

Yeah...my opinion is "misinformation".  Can you show me anywhere in the past where a player was suspended for a quarter?

Maybe it's happened.  I can't remember it.   The connotation of suspension to me is that he wouldn't even be allowed to be with the team for that quarter.

Many times in the past they sit a guy out a quarter or a half for discipline.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut tells me this will blow over and the Raiders will try to make it work.  Too much talent.  They're probably sitting there right now trying to figure out how to salvage the situation without looking like spineless wimps.

Plus, they just signed the dude.  To give up now would be an open admission that they made a huge mistake in signing him in the first place.  They would face massive criticism for that.

Kind of a no win situation for them here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

 

Not one of these reports have been truthful or accurate or meaningful in any way for months and really years on AB. Nothing has affected his on field availability and play except for Tomlin.

 

He could not play, but these reports, seeing as how they are 10x more likely to be BS than not, give us nothing of substance, and are more likely misleading than anything else.

 

Even if the reports are based on truth people have a tendency to exaggerate, sometimes greatly. 

 

The only thing I know is that there is no middle ground here. If AB gets suspended he will never play for the Raiders, he's either on the team or he's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Lots of misinformation in this post. You CAN suspend a player a quarter.

Also, they didnt announce ANYTHING yet.

 

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

Yeah...my opinion is "misinformation".  Can you show me anywhere in the past where a player was suspended for a quarter?

Maybe it's happened.  I can't remember it.   The connotation of suspension to me is that he wouldn't even be allowed to be with the team for that quarter.

I am in same boat as @K197040, as I am not aware of suspensions for a quarter (or series). A benching that is part of internal team discipline? Yes, that definitely can happen for a series, quarter, etc. But a suspension as I'm aware is for a full game or games, and is not based on portions of a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brown will likely be suspended 1-2 games tops because trying to fight the GM is a serious matter but after that, they will likely try to make things work similar to the helmet situation.  They paid him too much money and he's supposed to be one of the centerpieces of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

Even if the reports are based on truth people have a tendency to exaggerate, sometimes greatly. 

 

The only thing I know is that there is no middle ground here. If AB gets suspended he will never play for the Raiders, he's either on the team or he's not.

it’s time for him to be all in or all out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Publicly calling him out to the media a few weeks ago seemed like a poorly timed choice and more driven by ego.

 

31 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

He's the GM. This is the big leagues. I'm all for calling a player out when he deserves it. The Raiders need their front office and coaches to be more like this.

 

You can't ask a player to keep things "In house" and then have your front office leak negative stories to the media.   Yes, Mayock is the GM and Antonio Brown should respect the "chain of command", but Mayock should be held to a higher standard of behavior/accountability than a player.  That comes with the territory of being higher up on the chain of command.  Brown isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but the Raiders front office could have handled the situation better as well.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would find it hard to believe it's anything but either he's suspended and leaves the team or he isn't suspended at all. Doesn't feel like there is much room for middle ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I would find it hard to believe it's anything but either he's suspended and leaves the team or he isn't suspended at all. Doesn't feel like there is much room for middle ground.

 

There isn't... someone is "getting Jammed"

Edited by Mr.STD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raiders are definitely the wild card here.

Mayock and Gruden are far worse at their jobs and less professional than AB. 

 

So that is the worry, that the Raiders will do something stupid, as usual.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

I would find it hard to believe it's anything but either he's suspended and leaves the team or he isn't suspended at all. Doesn't feel like there is much room for middle ground.

It's a matter of how long he's going to be suspended for.  It is likely at least a game and now I'm reading that there is talk of voiding Brown's contract entirely which would end his time as a Raider.  Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.