FantasyGuru24

Travis Kelce 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Other TE have had great starts, but consistency is where it's at. Kelce is on pace for almost 1500 yards. He could absolutely get there and break Kittle's one year old record. Andrews is already hurt, Waller is a complete unknown (for a full season anyway), and Ingram will have Tate fighting for targets now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it has been a bit of a weird start for Kelce. He is yet to have a blow up type of game, but he’s been extremely consistent. I think the big games will come when Hill returns. He is getting so much attention from defenses that he doesn’t have the opportunity to have the huge games. I said this earlier in here, but Hill being out has hurt more than helped Kelce. Since he got limited practices in this week I would think he returns next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Yeah it has been a bit of a weird start for Kelce. He is yet to have a blow up type of game, but he’s been extremely consistent. I think the big games will come when Hill returns. He is getting so much attention from defenses that he doesn’t have the opportunity to have the huge games. I said this earlier in here, but Hill being out has hurt more than helped Kelce. Since he got limited practices in this week I would think he returns next week.


I also hope Hill comes back soon, huge positive for Kelce. He’s been getting too much defensive attention as of late. Kinda why every week a random K.C. receiver goes off for a big game. It’s the lesser of two evils for a DC to just shut down Travis, and live with the results. Not that you can even shut him down, but limit his blow up mutli touchdown games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Yes, his monster games are definitely still to be seen, and what we have seen thus far has been fine, but I can't shake this feeling that TE ended up being much deeper than expected this year. I have never drafted Kelce before but with the 12th pick, full ppr, I was all in this year. We draft him to have a distinct advantage, but with Waller, Hooper,Andrews,Dissly in addition to Engram, Ertz & Kittle, just seems like this wan't the year to take him.

He's like the 30th most owned player on the Top 500 Yahoo! teams, and he's leading all TEs in yardage. The TDs will come, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RunCMC said:


I also hope Hill comes back soon, huge positive for Kelce. He’s been getting too much defensive attention as of late. Kinda why every week a random K.C. receiver goes off for a big game. It’s the lesser of two evils for a DC to just shut down Travis, and live with the results. Not that you can even shut him down, but limit his blow up mutli touchdown games. 

 

Yeah the games I’ve watched they are just having a safety help over the top which basically limits his big plays. Most of his short and intermediate routes are still there, but none of those big vertical seam routes. Hill will take the top off, which should allow Kelce to hit some big ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 10:34 PM, goincommando said:

I'd bet the farm on the 1.5 TD over this week.  He's due.  Plain and simple.

welp. Another just okay game. So far he hasn't delivered relative to ADP, but there's still a lot of time for him to jump to another level. I guess the consistency is nice, and there were certainly other disappointments drafted right around him, but I definitely hoped for a lot more from him so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure once Tyreek is back, it'll open things up a whole lot more for the offense, Kelce in particular. The blowup games are coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, sucks that Watkins got hurt this game and Mahomes re-tweaked his ankle again. Kelce is due for an explosion game... hopefully soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vanquish2073 said:

welp. Another just okay game. So far he hasn't delivered relative to ADP, but there's still a lot of time for him to jump to another level. I guess the consistency is nice, and there were certainly other disappointments drafted right around him, but I definitely hoped for a lot more from him so far.

 

My farm...😔

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, goincommando said:

 

My farm...😔

My Kelce farm is dying need some fertilizer and TDs to save the farm.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m telling you guys, he needs Hill to open up the field for him. Defenses are game planning against Kelce. Once Hill comes back I’d expect Kelce to have some big games.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

I’m telling you guys, he needs Hill to open up the field for him. Defenses are game planning against Kelce. Once Hill comes back I’d expect Kelce to have some big games.

 

Agreed. Pat is still looking for him and a few he normally would have had dropped this past game. Even Watkins being in there should have opened it up more. The big ones are coming if that line can keep Pat upright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs Fisher back, bad.

Elite left tackles going down are never good news for TEs, the whole offense goes downhill and they in particular have to help block more often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bowman said:

I sure hope so. Thus far he has been a wasted pick.

 

He's still third in TE scoring, just hasn't had any breakout games. There were MANY more wasted picks in the Kelce range this year.

Saying all that, it has been frustrating. There have been a large chunk of balls he should have caught, TDs he should have had that would alleviate any concern. If any Kelce owner is getting bored with his production I think he's a solid target right now.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traded for him before the season, i will say he's been fairly consistent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

panic is unjustified, 2 absolute floor weeks and he is still a top 5 TE, seasonlong outcome is still about 1300 yards plus 10-12 tds, you drafted him in the top 2 rounds because of the value of being able to play a guy who puts up WR1 numbers in your TE spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 9amest said:

panic is unjustified, 2 absolute floor weeks and he is still a top 5 TE, seasonlong outcome is still about 1300 yards plus 10-12 tds, you drafted him in the top 2 rounds because of the value of being able to play a guy who puts up WR1 numbers in your TE spot

No way does he get 10-12 tds this year.  He is on pace for 2.6.

And the word "floor" as it pertains to fantasy football needs to be retired.  It's meaningless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

And the word "floor" as it pertains to fantasy football needs to be retired.  It's meaningless.

Definitely agree with this.

False senses of security are not your friend.

Everyone's "floor" is 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a bit unlucky. Think it was week 1 or 2 but mahomes tried a no look pass to a wide open kelce in the end zone and missed pretty badly then last week he could've scored on a short out route inside the 5 but slipped out of his break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like this is the week he has a big game. Teams will now go into this game planning against Hill. KC is out to prove the doubters wrong, they will want to score a lot. Not sure how they are this season, but in the past Denver has struggled against TE’s. I own Kelce, but if I didn’t I would be looking to buy low if you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...