FantasyGuru24

Travis Kelce 2019 Outlook

56 minutes ago, jiamm14 said:

Anyone considering other options with today’s era forecast????

Yeah, instead Im rolling with Gronk who is playing in Bora Bora.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jiamm14 said:

Anyone considering other options with today’s era forecast????

7 inches!! I am considering higbee instead.

21 minutes ago, Truth11 said:

i doubt 7 inches is going to fall between 1-4 pm 

the 7 inch forecast runs all the way into tomorrow 

Are people seriously considering benching the TE1 for the fantasy playoffs right now because of a little weather? He just RUSHED for a TD last week, and Mahomes is still the QB right? Retarded.

Never bench your studs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flyers_28 said:

i doubt 7 inches is going to fall between 1-4 pm 

the 7 inch forecast runs all the way into tomorrow 

Well field will be covered with snow.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Truth11 said:

Well field will be covered with snow.

Interesting German source. I read the field is heated but the rate snow is supposed to fall today, it won't matter. I'm mostly worried about visibility. 

Does the monster performance yesterday change anyone's opinion about Kelce going into next year? 

I try not to react too much to any single game performance, but for me it's a reminder that his 5 TDs in 2019 is really all that kept him from being the true difference maker that is worthy of a 2nd round pick. 97 catches for 1229 yards is WR1 stuff, but if he catches 8-10 TDs instead of 5 it vaults him into truly elite territory across the W/R/T landscape. 

I don't see any real signs of slowing down, so I think another 100/1250/10 type season is in the cards for 2020. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

Does the monster performance yesterday change anyone's opinion about Kelce going into next year? 

I try not to react too much to any single game performance, but for me it's a reminder that his 5 TDs in 2019 is really all that kept him from being the true difference maker that is worthy of a 2nd round pick. 97 catches for 1229 yards is WR1 stuff, but if he catches 8-10 TDs instead of 5 it vaults him into truly elite territory across the W/R/T landscape. 

I don't see any real signs of slowing down, so I think another 100/1250/10 type season is in the cards for 2020. 

With hardman, watkins,  and Tyreek blowing the top off the offense he is unguardable underneath. If anything these performances are going to make him a top 12 pick in full ppr. I wish he wouldn't be doing this but dude with kittle is in a tier on his own. Plus he is a warrior like Kittle and has done a good job staying healthy. 

3 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

maybe raises him from a consensus early 2nd rounder to maybe late 1st in some leagues? i.e. Gronk/Graham status 2014ish. 

15 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

maybe raises him from a consensus early 2nd rounder to maybe late 1st in some leagues? i.e. Gronk/Graham status 2014ish. 

Yeah, I was under the impression he might have been slipping a bit, towards the back end of the 2nd round or even early 3rd. I've read a bunch of comments in message boards and on Twitter that drafting an elite TE this year did not provide enough of an edge to justify it, and there are those who point to Kelce's age and minor injuries piling up and they fear a drop off. 

I think he's still up there with just about any WR in terms of bankable floor with upside to absolutely go off on any given Sunday. 

I used a high pick on Kelce this year in multiple leagues and it proved very worthy.  CSB but I actually won the championship in each league I owned Kelce this year.  Granted that doesn't mean anything, but doesn't mean nothing.

Kelce is a stud who provides WR1 numbers at your TE spot.  Since there are only a handful of top notch TEs, odds are Kelce is outscoring your opponent on close to a weekly basis.  Plus the added benefit of not needing to spend time/resources on streaming a TE, or figuring out which to play every week, gives you more time spend on other things.  

This year might even be closer to Kelce's floor than his ceiling.  Mahomes got injured and missed a few games.  Tyreek got hurt and missed a few.  The running game wasn't a typical Andy Reid running game.  Kelce got a lot of attention this year, and under performed in the TD department.  If Mahomes plays a full 16 next year, and Kelce gets back to the 8-10 TD range, he'll be worth every penny.

Edited by Fort4242

23 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

I used a high pick on Kelce this year in multiple leagues and it proved very worthy.  CSB but I actually won the championship in each league I owned Kelce this year.  Granted that doesn't mean anything, but doesn't mean nothing.

Kelce is a stud who provides WR1 numbers at your TE spot.  Since there are only a handful of top notch TEs, odds are Kelce is outscoring your opponent on close to a weekly basis.  Plus the added benefit of not needing to spend time/resources on streaming a TE, or figuring out which to play every week, gives you more time spend on other things.  

This year might even be closer to Kelce's floor than his ceiling.  Mahomes got injured and missed a few games.  Tyreek got hurt and missed a few.  The running game wasn't a typical Andy Reid running game.  Kelce got a lot of attention this year, and under performed in the TD department.  If Mahomes plays a full 16 next year, and Kelce gets back to the 8-10 TD range, he'll be worth every penny.

Especially with WRs being a dime a dozen next with like 35-40 being viable and could easily be top 15 options, I think he has to be a top 15 options. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Especially with WRs being a dime a dozen next with like 35-40 being viable and could easily be top 15 options, I think he has to be a top 15 options. 

I 100% agree

In 2019, Kelce was the #1 TE in full PPR. He was 47.1 FP's ahead of the #5 TE. And his FP's were good enough to put him at the #9 WR.
In 2018, Kelce was the #1 TE in full PPR. He was 101 FP's ahead of the #5 TE. And his FP's were good enough to put him at the #9 WR. 
In 2017, Kelce was the #1 TE in full PPR. He was 59.9 FP's ahead of the #5 TE. And his FP's were good enough to put him at the #10 WR.

So a TE who is the #1 TE, is significantly ahead of the TE who is good enough to rank #5, and is a WR1 to boot? Yup, Kelce is good.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Corleone said:

In 2019, Kelce was the #1 TE in full PPR. He was 47.1 FP's ahead of the #5 TE. And his FP's were good enough to put him at the #9 WR.
In 2018, Kelce was the #1 TE in full PPR. He was 101 FP's ahead of the #5 TE. And his FP's were good enough to put him at the #9 WR. 
In 2017, Kelce was the #1 TE in full PPR. He was 59.9 FP's ahead of the #5 TE. And his FP's were good enough to put him at the #10 WR.

So a TE who is the #1 TE, is significantly ahead of the TE who is good enough to rank #5, and is a WR1 to boot? Yup, Kelce is good.

Would be interesting to see how he ranks if you include wr, because that is what it comes down to partially. Though this year was kind of an weird year for wrs because of injuries ty, green, mental illness brown, etc.

19 hours ago, Corleone said:

37 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Would be interesting to see how he ranks if you include wr, because that is what it comes down to partially. Though this year was kind of an weird year for wrs because of injuries ty, green, mental illness brown, etc.

In 2019, Kelce was the #9 WR. 
In 2018, Kelce was the #9 WR.
In 2017, Kelce was the #10 WR.

• Haha 2

On 12/15/2019 at 8:58 AM, Truth11 said:

without any context this struck me as funny