Rotoworld.com Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

21 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Hollister 

This is the correct answer.

Kittle's upside is way too high to pick up some WW fodder and start this weekend without truly knowing his status. Unless he's 100% ruled out before Sunday's game, you have to keep him in there. Even if you have a decent backup...the gap between him and Kittle is too large in my mind.

If on Monday he's ruled out, pick up Hollister and start him. Pretty simple.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

This is the correct answer.

Kittle's upside is way too high to pick up some WW fodder and start this weekend without truly knowing his status. Unless he's 100% ruled out before Sunday's game, you have to keep him in there. Even if you have a decent backup...the gap between him and Kittle is too large in my mind.

If on Monday he's ruled out, pick up Hollister and start him. Pretty simple.

This is solid reasoning, however one more thing to keep in mind about Hollister is that I believe Ed Dickson is supposed to return this week, so Seattle TE snaps are going to be split 3 ways instead of 2 (Hollister, Dickson, Luke Wilson).

Another option is Witten/Rudolph/Irv Smith (if available).  Cowboys-Vikings is Sunday Night, so depending on how your matchup is going at that point, you could make an informed decision on what you need.

Unless there was a surefire second option to Kittle playing MNF that I could roster, I would hate to drop a solid bench player for a backup dart throw TE, and have him give me 2 points if I won/lost my matchup by 30 anyway and could have just kept my roster intact.  With this in mind, Kittle is currently the only TE on my roster. However, I have the added advantage of owning him in a Yahoo league, where you can drop bench players after they have played.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

This is solid reasoning, however one more thing to keep in mind about Hollister is that I believe Ed Dickson is supposed to return this week, so Seattle TE snaps are going to be split 3 ways instead of 2 (Hollister, Dickson, Luke Wilson).

Another option is Witten/Rudolph/Irv Smith (if available).  Cowboys-Vikings is Sunday Night, so depending on how your matchup is going at that point, you could make an informed decision on what you need.

Unless there was a surefire second option to Kittle playing MNF that I could roster, I would hate to drop a solid bench player for a backup dart throw TE, and have him give me 2 points if I won/lost my matchup by 30 anyway and could have just kept my roster intact.  With this in mind, Kittle is currently the only TE on my roster. However, I have the added advantage of owning him in a Yahoo league, where you can drop bench players after they have played.

Haha, I just came across the Hollister/Wilson/Dickson dilemma in my head and came here to see what others were saying...you beat me to it. Sh*t, we aren't considering Ross Dwelly as an option, are we?

Yeah, at this point I have no idea what to do. I have a decent backup in Everett, but if Kittle is still questionable, I'd hate to miss out.

Personally, I think Kittle will be fine, they are just resting him on a long week. We should hear more today, if he at least gets in a limited practice I think we should all feel good about Monday night for now.

Edited by UVA_Drew
On 11/5/2019 at 1:57 PM, martinjlm said:

We put in our "Claims" before midnight CT tonight. Either way, who ya'll picking up?

Gesicki or Fant for me.,    But I am probably going to keep him on the roster unless I hear something by Sunday morning.

Kittle doesnt have to practice to play. Im sure he understands what his job is. That said, i believe rudolph will be a great sub if need be. Dallas stinks against defending TEs and no Theilan means diggs gets some of jones and over the top help. Rudolph always seems to do well against the cowboys too. Although i could be imagining that last part.

I also think Kittle plays though. Good divisional game.

• Like 1

This seems the same script as last week, does it not? He played well last week....took a shot to the knee but played on, they tested it, it's fine. They're resting him so as not to aggravate it & lose one of the focal points of their offense. I think he's going to play & play well.

TE's that have had solid weeks against SEA's defense:

Austin Hooper, BAL TE's combined for 80 yards, Ricky Seals-Jones, LAR TE's combined for 180+ yards, Vance McDonald went 7rec 2TD, CIN TE's combined for 93 yards.

The only opponents who  haven't had their TE's fare well against SEA are teams who don't have one...TB, ARI and NO when Cook was hurt.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

This seems the same script as last week, does it not? He played well last week....took a shot to the knee but played on, they tested it, it's fine. They're resting him so as not to aggravate it & lose one of the focal points of their offense. I think he's going to play & play well.

TE's that have had solid weeks against SEA's defense:

Austin Hooper, BAL TE's combined for 80 yards, Ricky Seals-Jones, LAR TE's combined for 180+ yards, Vance McDonald went 7rec 2TD, CIN TE's combined for 93 yards.

The only opponents who  haven't had their TE's fare well against SEA are teams who don't have one...TB, ARI and NO when Cook was hurt.

How is this the same game script as last week when last week was when he suffered the injury?

Just to update Ire's post:

• 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said "we'll see" in regards to George Kittle's status for Week 10 against the Seahawks.

"I mean there's issues," said Kittle, who wouldn't divulge the results of Kittle's MRI. "He’s got things in his knee and ankle so we’ll see." Kittle suffered his injuries on the first play from scrimmage in Week 9. He played through the pain and even scored a touchdown in the win over Arizona but spent most of the fourth quarter as a spectator. Ross Dwelley would be next up at tight end for San Francisco if Kittle isn't able to suit up Monday night.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:53 AM ET

•