Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

George Kittle 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said "we'll see" in regards to George Kittle's status for Week 10 against the Seahawks.

Full quote

 

Quote

 

Injury report: Pro Bowl tight end George Kittle did not practice Thursday because of a knee and ankle injury he suffered in last week’s win at Arizona and his status for Monday’s game is in question.

Kittle had an MRI exam last week and Shanahan was asked if it was clean.

“I mean there’s issues,” Shanahan said. “He’s got things in his knee and ankle so we’ll see.”

Kittle was injured on the 49ers’ first offensive play and returned to catch six passes for 79 yards with a 30-yard touchdown before he exited in the fourth quarter. He played 51 of 74 snaps.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy is a colossal bust this year...Vance McDonald is better than him this year as teams are locking Kittle down ( or he cant get open ). If you drafted Kittle in the 2nd/3rd round with the amazin

His 2018 season ended with more accomplishments than you might initially realize...all with nobodies at QB.   -Most receiving yard ever in a season for a TE -Most YAC in the NFL in 2018

Why do I feel like he would say he feels fantastic after getting his leg caught in a wood chipper?

7 minutes ago, yanksman said:

How is this the same game script as last week when last week was when he suffered the injury?

Referring to the coach talk leading up to the game - they were all 'we'll see' and 'we hope..' making it sound like a game time decision.

EDIT: Looking back, looks like the caution-speak from weeks prior were a groin injury he's been nursing. Still, they've been limiting his practice & using vague phrases for a few weeks now & he's played every time. Until I see him physically limited on the field or targets down signficantly, he's in my lineup.

Edited by wayzupusc
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Referring to the coach talk leading up to the game - they were all 'we'll see' and 'we hope..' making it sound like a game time decision.

EDIT: Looking back, looks like the caution-speak from weeks prior were a groin injury he's been nursing. Still, they've been limiting his practice & using vague phrases for a few weeks now & he's played every time. Until I see him physically limited on the field or targets down signficantly, he's in my lineup.

This is a completely different injury

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This is a completely different injury

Yes, I understand that. But he got it on the first series last week and played the rest of the game with it & put up a solid line. Then got tested afterward, no significant damage. Limited in practice. I get it.

 

My point is, with the groin/ankle injuries before & with this knee issue, they're using very similar vague phrases as to his availability so unless anything changes, I would expect him to play & play well against a Seattle defense that has been susceptible against TE's this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Yes, I understand that. But he got it on the first series last week and played the rest of the game with it & put up a solid line. Then got tested afterward, no significant damage. Limited in practice. I get it.

 

My point is, with the groin/ankle injuries before & with this knee issue, they're using very similar vague phrases as to his availability so unless anything changes, I would expect him to play & play well against a Seattle defense that has been susceptible against TE's this year.

Now they are saying the MRI showed some stuff. Who the hell knows.

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

If he is injured in any way, it would be smart of the coaches to let him rest this week.   The more I think about it, the less I see him playing on Monday.  

 

Practically everyone is injured at this point in the year. I suspect it comes down to their assessment of chance of worsening the injury by playing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he was a DNP yesterday, that's a bad sign. 

Do the 49ers have a practice today, or are they slated to practice tomorrow since it's a MNF game? 

Either way, unless he has a dramatic recovery for the final practice before the week, I recommend looking for a streamer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gordec said:

Dr. Chao said last week, he may have bone bruise which could still sideline him 2-3 weeks even if he played through the game. The swelling occurs later on. He's usually spot on. It sucks because the matchup is so juicy.

The same Dr. Chao that said James Connor wouldn't miss any time? Then doubled down during practice last week saying he would play. Then doubled down again (quadrupled down?) saying he would only miss that one game.

He's just making guesses, educated guesses maybe, but still guesses. Especially when he doesn't even know what the injury is, which is the case with Kittle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's been reported or mentioned in this thread but I have a buddy who works within the 49ers org who told me he seen Kittle in a walking boot on Monday.

 

Not good.

Edited by jwilsonxo
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

Not sure if it's been reported or mentioned in this thread but I have a buddy who works within the 49ers org who told me he seen Kittle in a walking boot on Monday.

 

Not good.

Me too but said he was missing his leg. No pics, no proof lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

Not sure if it's been reported or mentioned in this thread but I have a buddy who works within the 49ers org who told me he seen Kittle in a walking boot on Monday.

 

Not good.

 

It was just a precautionary resting of his foot because he knows how much a** it's going to kick in the second half of fantasy seasons.

 

spacer.png

 

...At least that's what I'm going to tell myself, since I had to ride the Hockenson/Graham/McDonald train to a glorious 17/179/1 over 8 weeks, and I don't think I can bear to go back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Toolio is interesting ... remember him being somewhat RZ worthy with Atlanta - Shanny will scheme him in well 🤔

I think we are all better off firing up a Sunday TE and biting the bullet. Unless we get some positive Sunday morning news. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think we are all better off firing up a Sunday TE and biting the bullet. Unless we get some positive Sunday morning news. 

 

Agreed unfortunately...think I am going to roll with Gerald Everett this week over Kittle.  If Kittle plays and has a big game, I'll be bummed...however, I'd rather get someone with some upside for points instead of scrambling Monday night and picking between some poor options on either team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...