Joe Odam

George Kittle 2019 Outlook

At this point, even if he is a decoy, he'll be in the RZ unless he's on a very limited snap count. That's as good a shot as you'll get for a TD from your TE. 

'

1 hour ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

He had 6 targets, which isnt that far off his average... he may have initially started out as a decoy but i dont think it ended up being that way

Quality of targets matter.  He was getting quick throws off the line which isn't going to get it done.  He was operating as a decoy compared to what TY HILTON normally does.  Hopefully we don't see a shell of Kittle. 

On 11/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, BlueDevils2202 said:

Kittle is going to play

Even if he does, I think it's still a fair question of what TEs someone is willing to play over a banged up Kittle this week.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

What leagues have Hollister available though...I think everyone here would start him over Decoy Kittle

Nope.. I'll role Kittle over Hollister if he plays.

• Like 1

Schefter has Kittle as “expected to play.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do feel this is a different situation than TY. TY played without practicing. The clips of Kittle practicing in noncontact Jersey was of him blocking. That takes more toll on the knees than running. I think he's ready. I do have a dilemma since I have Cook too. It's either start Cook and have no kicker or drop Cook and play Kittle since I have no one to drop in this league. 

This is killing me. We all are more than likely in a position of needing a win this late in the season. Kittle is a beast but I am concerned he will be on a limited snap count. I got burned by Everett last week in a similar situation. I can go with Everett again which feels like a total flip of the coin or grab Hollister who is healthy and has little competition at his position on the Seahawks.

Any Bay area folks with some local info to share on Kittle?

4 minutes ago, Q Dog said:

This is killing me. We all are more than likely in a position of needing a win this late in the season. Kittle is a beast but I am concerned he will be on a limited snap count. I got burned by Everett last week in a similar situation. I can go with Everett again which feels like a total flip of the coin or grab Hollister who is healthy and has little competition at his position on the Seahawks.

Any Bay area folks with some local info to share on Kittle?

Personally I would go with hollister easily over George Brittle. No reporter is going to report that brittle will be on a snap count before the game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Personally I would go with hollister easily over George Brittle. No reporter is going to report that brittle will be on a snap count before the game

Thanks. Leaning that way at the moment. What keeps creeping in my mind is starting Hollister and then Kittle going off tonight. :o

1 minute ago, Q Dog said:

Thanks. Leaning that way at the moment. What keeps creeping in my mind is starting Hollister and then Kittle going off tonight. :o

I’m starting brittle so zero chance he goes off

If Kittle is in (which he is) you start...period. 

Im starting him over Hollister and Everett, and it’s not even close to being a consideration. 

2 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

If Kittle is in (which he is) you start...period. 

Im starting him over Hollister and Everett, and it’s not even close to being a consideration. 

That’s what they said about TY Hilton too...decoy game incoming

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

False equivalence.

Bringing up a completely different situation/team/player/injury has absolutely zero effect on Kittle’s situation. 

I could bring up hundreds of situations when players were questionable after missing a game just like Kittle and blew up for monster games. It’s very easy to do. That too would have zero relevance on Kittle‘s situation today  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

4 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

False equivalence.

Bringing up a completely different situation/team/player/injury has absolutely zero effect on Kittle’s situation. 

I could bring up hundreds of situations when players were questionable after missing a game just like Kittle and blew up for monster games. It’s very easy to do. That too would have zero relevance on Kittle‘s situation today  

Hilton was also expected to miss 3-4 weeks and was a surprise active on a Thursday game. 

Kittle finished the game he was originally hurt in, was close to playing last week, practiced this week and says he’s ready to go.

He’s also a physical freak and the #1 TE this week (with Kelce on bye).

Completely different situation. Fire him up.  

Edited by UVA_Drew

45 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I’m starting brittle so zero chance he goes off

38 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

If you feel so strongly about this bench him. I don't know if you're trying some dumb reverse jinx or something. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I feel a little less confident now but still starting him and keeping the trigger finger on Dwelly 

Broken bone in ankle, not confident.🤢