Sign in to follow this  
Boudewijn

DeAndre Hopkins 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

It’s crazy to say a WR in his supposed to be prime looks off but there’s something not clicking. Hopkins was never a burner or a freak athlete but he had the best combination of hands and ability to locate the ball i’ve seen in a very long time. His timing was always impeccable and flat out jaw dropping.

Somethings missing and pinpointing why it’s so is impossible. Injury, motivation, or whatever else who knows but this ain’t the Hopkins everyone fell in love with. 

DHop is doing the little things that don't fill the stat sheet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

DHop is doing the little things that don't fill the stat sheet.

What exactly are those? Drawing coverage? He’s always done that and filled the stat sheet so that’s not the answer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What exactly are those? Drawing coverage? He’s always done that and filled the stat sheet so that’s not the answer.

Running decoy routes.short 3 yard routes ect.

7 minutes ago, Boogerloo said:

Running decoy routes.short 3 yard routes ect.

So arguably the best WR in the game is spending his time running decoy routes? 

Either the Texans are the stupidest organization in NFL history or something is up with Hopkins. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

This guy just can’t break from coverage anymore past 15 yards. In PPR I’m sure he’s fine but it looks like he’s slowly turning into Crabtree toward the end of his career. He has virtually nothing after the catch. He isn’t going to catch a ball and take it to the house for 80 yards either. Definitely not drafting him next year in round 1.

must be blind or not watching the games.

• Like 2

27th in YAC at 204 yards... Not bad considering the circumstances.16th for non RBs.

• Like 1

overall wr6 in total points and wr8 in ppg in my ppr league.  im pretty happy with those numbers assuming he will find some positive td regression the second half of the season, especially while fuller is out.  also, fwiw, the other wrs taken in the 1st round (in my league) were adams, juju, thomas, julio and odb.  outside of thomas, i dont think i would trade him straight up for any of the other ones. 

• Like 2

in full ppr hes #1 ROs for me maybe Thomas but nothing has changed for me and watson looks great. short routes/completions are ppr gold.

Edited by colepenhagen

1 hour ago, herschel said:

overall wr6 in total points and wr8 in ppg in my ppr league.  im pretty happy with those numbers assuming he will find some positive td regression the second half of the season, especially while fuller is out.  also, fwiw, the other wrs taken in the 1st round (in my league) were adams, juju, thomas, julio and odb.  outside of thomas, i dont think i would trade him straight up for any of the other ones. 

Omg you guys and your participation point leagues. Christian Kirk is a stud in full PPR. You could have had him for free. Your guys perception of players is skewed. Hopkins is WR 15 in standard prob around 10 in half PPR.

2 hours ago, aapox said:

27th in YAC at 204 yards... Not bad considering the circumstances.16th for non RBs.

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

must be blind or not watching the games.

So let me get this straight he was first WR off the board and 15 other WRs are getting more yards after the catch? That puts him middle of the pack in WR1s and I’m supposed to be impressed? Lol That looks like total yards too. He’s making a lot more catches so his YAC is going to be inflated too compared to someone who maybe catches 4-5 balls a game.

Edited by StevenSC400

He’s picked it up but still just a possession receiver.  I think it’s age, his legs look shot at 7 years in the league.   I can’t remember him separating from the defense this year.  He’s probably like a 3rd round pick going forward 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

So let me get this straight he was first WR off the board and 15 other WRs are getting more yards after the catch? That puts him middle of the pack in WR1s and I’m supposed to be impressed? Lol That looks like total yards too. He’s making a lot more catches so his YAC is going to be inflated too compared to someone who maybe catches 4-5 balls a game.

I’m just posting a stat with no strings attached. You’re the one heavily pushing a narrative. 

I wonder how many of these fantasy players actually watch all 22 film and not youtube highlights or look at fantasy points to judge how good a player is. 

From what I see, Watson is just spreading the ball around more...their entire offense is balanced, vs the D Hop show non-stop. He is still the go to guy when they need a reception.

Edited by FooserX

21 minutes ago, FooserX said:

From what I see, Watson is just spreading the ball around more...their entire offense is balanced, vs the D Hop show non-stop. He is still the go to guy when they need a reception.

Pretty much...he's really big on third downs, but he's not being peppered as much with intermediate distance routes.  A lot of short stuff this year, which is good in PPR but not so useful in standard

7 minutes ago, swetooth9 said:

Pretty much...he's really big on third downs, but he's not being peppered as much with intermediate distance routes.  A lot of short stuff this year, which is good in PPR but not so useful in standard

Yeah, I think this is the key. His depth of route has got to be about half of what it was last year. Haven’t watched their games, but it doesn’t seem like he gets much over 10 yards like he used to and certainly nothing over 20, which it seems like he used to get a couple times a game in the past. 

Each week I check fantasycast and he’s at like 3 catches for 10 yards after the 1st qtr. Luckily that usually bumps up a bit or he gets a short TD to salvage the day, but it’s very nerve wracking watching his day until that happens. 

Scary owning this guy now. Every week it seems like it's like 1-2 pts until the 4th quarter where the day gets salvaged. Hopefully they straighten things out in the bye week and he finishes strong for us. 

20 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

Scary owning this guy now. Every week it seems like it's like 1-2 pts until the 4th quarter where the day gets salvaged. Hopefully they straighten things out in the bye week and he finishes strong for us. 

Yeah, not what we all signed up for. They have a competent running game now and are involving the tight ends...his ceiling looks gone.

Without the lucky TD yesterday, this guy is putting up Cole Beasley type PPR numbers...

32 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Without the lucky TD yesterday, this guy is putting up Cole Beasley type PPR numbers...

I know this is/was hyperbole but Hopkins actually has 37 catches for 318 yards in the past 4 games. That's an average of 9/80, with a good chance for a TD every week. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. There was a 3 week lull weeks 2-4 but that's very much in the rear view mirror now. 

Beasley has 35 catches for 337 yards on the SEASON. It's actually Beasley who's value is TD dependent these days. He hasn't had more than 3 catches since week 4. 

10 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

I know this is/was hyperbole but Hopkins actually has 37 catches for 318 yards in the past 4 games. That's an average of 9/80, with a good chance for a TD every week. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. There was a 3 week lull weeks 2-4 but that's very much in the rear view mirror now. 

Beasley has 35 catches for 337 yards on the SEASON. It's actually Beasley who's value is TD dependent these days. He hasn't had more than 3 catches since week 4. 

It's not so much complaining, it's mainly everyone being disappointed or worried. He was likely a top 5 pick and everyone's first pick. Yes the production isn't terrible, but he was drafted to be one of the best receivers and a complete game changer for us, but 5th Rd picks are playing better and if you're in standard you really feel it. It could be worse, way worse, but I can't help but be a little worried that Fells has like double his TDs and most of this recent resurgence has come with Fuller hurt. I still believe in him, but I still feel a little concerned. 

Edited by Wyzzil
  • Like 1

[...] Looked at the schedule and saw the Patriots in a few weeks, what do you guys expect in that game? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Fantasyguy007 said:

[...] Looked at the schedule and saw the Patriots in a few weeks, what do you guys expect in that game? [...]

Yeah he has some rough matchups coming up including the Pats, Indy and Denver.  Week 14 for Denver so 1st round byes are clear but he gets Tampa in week 16, that's where he earns his draft spot!

1 hour ago, Fantasyguy007 said:

7 catches, 65 yards, maybe a TD? I mean, we know he can still produce against anyone, but the Texans have other means of moving the ball now. A lot more running than there’s been in a while.