Sign in to follow this  
Boudewijn

DeAndre Hopkins 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Wrong. Fuller has only out-targeted Hopkins twice in 8 games they’ve played together this year... the Atlanta game and last week.  Hopkins leads Fuller in targets 68-49 in Fuller’s healthy games this season.

If you want to make the case that Fuller will have a better game this week because of the Pats’ defensive scheme, fine.  But stop making things up to fit your narrative.

gotta read buddy. It says " a target hog"...doesnt say "more targets than hopkins"

2 minutes ago, David Aames said:

gotta read buddy. It says " a target hog"...doesnt say "more targets than hopkins"

But he hasn’t been a target hog. No one would ever describe the second most targeted WR on his team a “target hog.”

Hopkins is, and always has been, the target hog on the Texans.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Aames said:

I am guessing you are never wrong . Moving on.

And I’m guessing you tend to just make baseless claims with no stats to back them up.

Fuller’s targets: 49 targets / 8 games ~ 6 targets per game.

Hardly “target hog” status.

I guess you havent moved on. Here is a fun lil stat for you: Last 3 healthy games for fuller = 36 targets. How many of those were red zone looks? I don't know , but ive watched their games and have seen a lot of red zone looks for Mr Fuller. Watson absolutely loves him and has targeted him like a hog lately. Are you really this much of a party pooper? geeezus...calm down.

16 minutes ago, David Aames said:

I guess you havent moved on. Here is a fun lil stat for you: Last 3 healthy games for fuller = 36 targets. How many of those were red zone looks? I don't know , but ive watched their games and have seen a lot of red zone looks for Mr Fuller. Watson absolutely loves him and has targeted him like a hog lately. Are you really this much of a party pooper? geeezus...calm down.

Ha. You’re the dude who came into the Hopkins thread and told everyone to bench him because Fuller is a target hog, but I’m the “party pooper.”

I’m simply pointing out that you’re wrong and pushing a false narrative.

Also, since you’re apparently too arrogant or lazy to actually look up stats, I went ahead and looked up Fuller’s red zone targets. He has 6 all season... less than 1 per game.

Fells is much more of an issue stealing red zone targets from Hopkins than Fuller is. But then again we aren’t talking about him, are we?  

You literally could not possibly be more wrong in your take.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, David Aames said:

This is 2019. Just in case you all havent paid attention Fuller, when healthy is a target hog. If anyone has a big game its gonna be fuller, not hopkins. Fuller has about 100000 red zone looks this year when he has played. Too bad he dropped most of them, but still. Mccourty is out, which leaves JC jackson on Fuller. Take a wild guess who Watson looks at almost every play sunday night? 

Bottom line: bench hopkins...it is not worth the risk

McCourty was originally listed as questionable but will miss his second straight game. It leaves the Patriots without one of their starting corners for Sunday night's matchup with Houston. JC Jackson will pick up McCourty's snaps.

Definitely a false narrative...That’s got to be the some of the worst information/advice that I’ve ever heard on this forum. 

Edited by Tomei7
  • Thanks 1

The bottom line is I don't see any situation where you sit Hopkins unless Watson is not under the Center and maybe if Hopkins is not 100%, but even then I'd still start him.

• Like 1

Newsflash for all the Bench-Hopkins truthers bc the matchup is bad... 

Nuk is a bad matchup for NE’s defense.  S’go!  

• Like 2

I am a Hopkins owner, and I'll say that Fuller definitely steals Hopkins' thunder more often than I care to see. And this is over multiple seasons.

41 minutes ago, Semitar said:

I am a Hopkins owner, and I'll say that Fuller definitely steals Hopkins' thunder more often than I care to see. And this is over multiple seasons.

I’ve owned Hopkins the last 3 years as well. Fuller was actually having a much better year last season before his mid-year injury, and Hopkins still finished the Overall WR1.  This year Fuller has really only had two good games, and last week they both ate, even though the Texans only put up 20 points.

Really the only game that was frustrating for Hopkins owners was the Atlanta game, but how often is Fuller gonna go for 200+/3?

Point is, there’s enough in this offense for both to produce.  Sure, as Hopkins owners, we want him to get everything, but the offense as a whole is better with Fuller, so there is more to go around when he’s on the field.

11 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’ve owned Hopkins the last 3 years as well. Fuller was actually having a much better year last season before his mid-year injury, and Hopkins still finished the Overall WR1.  This year Fuller has really only had two good games, and last week they both ate, even though the Texans only put up 20 points.

Really the only game that was frustrating for Hopkins owners was the Atlanta game, but how often is Fuller gonna go for 200+/3?

Point is, there’s enough in this offense for both to produce.  Sure, as Hopkins owners, we want him to get everything, but the offense as a whole is better with Fuller, so there is more to go around when he’s on the field.

I don't even want Hopkins to get everything. As someone who also owns Julio, I was watching Ridley eat last year and I am like WTF is going on...having two stud WRs and they aren't consistent. Last year, Schuster's floor seemed to be higher than both of those guys. And tonight is the dreaded scenario, where distribution isn't in Fuller's favor, but neither guy does well.

1 hour ago, Semitar said:

I don't even want Hopkins to get everything. As someone who also owns Julio, I was watching Ridley eat last year and I am like WTF is going on...having two stud WRs and they aren't consistent. Last year, Schuster's floor seemed to be higher than both of those guys. And tonight is the dreaded scenario, where distribution isn't in Fuller's favor, but neither guy does well.

Huh? Hopkins was the #1 WR last year... I think you’re mis-remembering.

D-Hop’s worst game last year in Half PPR was 10 pts.

That pass TD was clutch.  

Fantastic gameplan by the Texans, they carved apart the Pats defense.  Unfortunately, that gameplan didn’t involve force feeding Nuk, but I don’t think anyone was expecting that, and he found a way to give his owners something in his toughest matchup of the season.  If the Pats had been able to put up points earlier, I think you would have seen Hopkins get fed a bit more.

If the in-game stat they put up on the screen was accurate, I believe he caught every target while matched up with Gilmore.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

That pass TD was clutch.  

Fantastic gameplan by the Texans, they carved apart the Pats defense.  Unfortunately, that gameplan didn’t involve force feeding Nuk, but I don’t think anyone was expecting that, and he found a way to give his owners something in his toughest matchup of the season.  If the Pats had been able to put up points earlier, I think you would have seen Hopkins get fed a bit more.

If the in-game stat they put up on the screen was accurate, I believe he caught every target while matched up with Gilmore.

I think everyone should be happy with what he scored this week. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Huh? Hopkins was the #1 WR last year... I think you’re mis-remembering.

D-Hop’s worst game last year in Half PPR was 10 pts.

I must be. 

I start this bro regardless but thank Sweet Baby Jesus that option lateral was a forward pass

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

With will fuller out you think the broncos secondary will shut down Hopkins? 

The only person that can shutdown Nuk, is NUK!!!!

• Like 1