Sign in to follow this  
Boudewijn

DeAndre Hopkins 2019 Outlook

It just sucks. This one was on Watson... he was off all game, as well as gameflow obviously (Thanks Jameis).

He didn’t quite return the 1st round price we paid for him, but at least he wasn’t a bust like a lot of other highly drafted WRs.

Down year for Nuk, but I still love him, and will draft him again next year without hesitation.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It just sucks. This one was on Watson... he was off all game, as well as gameflow obviously (Thanks Jameis).

He didn’t quite return the 1st round price we paid for him, but at least he wasn’t a bust like a lot of other highly drafted WRs.

Down year for Nuk, but I still love him, and will draft him again next year without hesitation.

I don't know if it's a down year or his new role. He has looked many games as a posesion receiver not worth the price we paid.

This game they had a pair of 3rd and long situations in which Nuk ran 2-3 yards routes. I just don't understand.

His name will probably put him again in the first round, where I'll not be touching him next year.

• Like 1

It sucks that his lowest scoring week just happened to be the championship game. A total bummer, but it happens. He still is the third highest scoring WR in 0.5 point PPR behind only Michael Thomas and Chris Godwin. Let’s not act like he’s been a bust all year though.

He’s went 104/1,165/7 this year and still has a game left. Not exactly my definition of a bust.

Edited by Dislimb
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

I don't know if it's a down year or his new role. He has looked many games as a posesion receiver not worth the price we paid.

This game they had a pair of 3rd and long situations in which Nuk ran 2-3 yards routes. I just don't understand.

His name will probably put him again in the first round, where I'll not be touching him next year.

It was a down year. I didn’t watch every snap, but he dropped at least 3 TDs by my count. I don’t think he’ll be a 1st round pick next year, maybe right around the turn, or 12ish in an auction league.

Regardless, not sure where he’ll end up, but going into this week he was the #3 overall scoring WR in my Half PPR league. That’s really not bad at all.

He stayed healthy, played every game, and only had a few duds... unfortunately one was Championship week.

Knowing him he won’t be satisfied with his play this year, and will work super hard in the offseason to give Michael Thomas a fight next year as the best receiver in the league. Love this guy, can’t wait to watch him play in the playoffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It was a down year. I didn’t watch every snap, but he dropped at least 3 TDs by my count. I don’t think he’ll be a 1st round pick next year, maybe right around the turn, or 12ish in an auction league.

Regardless, not sure where he’ll end up, but going into this week he was the #3 overall scoring WR in my Half PPR league. That’s really not bad at all.

He stayed healthy, played every game, and only had a few duds... unfortunately one was Championship week.

Knowing him he won’t be satisfied with his play this year, and will work super hard in the offseason to give Michael Thomas a fight next year as the best receiver in the league. Love this guy, can’t wait to watch him play in the playoffs.

He won't get out of the first round next season

7 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He won't get out of the first round next season

Yeah maybe, we’ll see. You think he’s likely the #2 ADP WR behind Thomas next year?

20 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah maybe, we’ll see. You think he’s likely the #2 ADP WR behind Thomas next year?

More than likely, yes. It won’t be Adams hill Odell. Maybe Julio or Godwin? Kupp slowed down. Cooper is was to up and down. Mike Evans is the same. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

More than likely, yes. It won’t be Adams hill Odell. Maybe Julio or Godwin? Kupp slowed down. Cooper is was to up and down. Mike Evans is the same. 

I think I’d consider Hill over him in every scoring format except full PPR.

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think I’d consider Hill over him in every scoring format except full PPR.

I only play PPR so I don’t have much insight on that. I know Hopkins is a lock for 100+ so it’s not that close in my mind. You’re probably right though. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I only play PPR so I don’t have much insight on that. I know Hopkins is a lock for 100+ so it’s not that close in my mind. You’re probably right though. 

Yeah, I do Half PPR and still have a legacy Standard scoring league I’ve been trying to change for years but am always missing one vote.

Hopkins is my favorite WR in the league from a personal standpoint though, so I always seem to notch him up the board a few spots because I love rooting for the guy.  I’ll probably have him ahead of Hill, who, lets be honest, has character question marks to say the least.

I just love Nuk because he’s an all-around amazing and entertaining football player, and seems like a great guy off the field as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

He ran short routes almost exclusively in a few games this year. Maddening. 

D-Hop off to AZ...