Sign in to follow this  
Boudewijn

DeAndre Hopkins 2019 Outlook

I have received offers but I’m too scared to trade him . I figure he will drop 30 the game after i trade him.

I think we've seen this every year. First half the studs are being locked down and the WR2s are feasting. Then the back half of the season comes and the WR1s explode. Stay calm my friends, and you too will catch the fly.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I'm thinking about trading for him, since he balled out for me last year. I haven't watched the games this year though. Is he having a hard time getting open or dropping balls?

On 10/7/2019 at 10:35 AM, FitzMagic said:

I think we've seen this every year. First half the studs are being locked down and the WR2s are feasting. Then the back half of the season comes and the WR1s explode. Stay calm my friends, and you too will catch the fly.

giphy.gif

Examples?

• Like 1

Anyone else think we're seeing another passing of the torch with Will Fuller being the WR1 going forward, a la Andre Johnson to Deandre Hopkins in 2015? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheFire said:

Anyone else think we're seeing another passing of the torch with Will Fuller being the WR1 going forward, a la Andre Johnson to Deandre Hopkins in 2015? 

Hopkins is 27 years old. . . . . . . .

Edited by NyZD

2 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Yeah man go ahead and just delete this and go to the Damien Williams thread, you’ll fit in perfect. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

My prediction:  come march, you will hear stories the he battled n on going bodily injury that hindered his performance, easy buy low next season next draft

Come March he will still be a first round pick based on the 108/1350/11 season he’s still going to have. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2019 Targets first 5 games = 13,8,7,8,8

8.8 targets per game

2018 Targets first 5 games = 11,11,10,12,13 

11.4 targets per game 

10.2 targets per game average for the season

32 minutes ago, TheFire said:

Lol Will Fuller hasn't done s--- until last week. He'll be on the waiver wire in a couple weeks.

I would not be worried in the least bit. I'd actually be excited right now as an owner cause you know big weeks are coming, and I'd be shocked if it didn't start Sunday. 

1 minute ago, jkendrick2 said:

Also says not injury related. Probably either the Hersey squirts or just veteran rest treatment. 

3 hours ago, TheFire said:

Fuller does the same thing he does every year. Has 1-3 big blow up games then fades away due to get injured.

27 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Fuller does the same thing he does every year. Has 1-3 big blow up games then fades away due to get injured.

Idk. 14 TD’s in 16 games with Watson seems like a big deal to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Athebaby7 said:

Idk. 14 TD’s in 16 games with Watson seems like a big deal to me.

You sound like the analysts that graded Baker Mayfield so high this year. Again if you've been playing fantasy football for a while now you know fuller does this every single year since he's been in the league. He finishes his season on the bench due to injury.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

You sound like the analysts that graded Baker Mayfield so high this year. Again if you've been playing fantasy football for a while now you know fuller does this every single year since he's been in the league. He finishes his season on the bench due to injury.

I go off statistics. In 2018 in the four weeks with Watson, fuller finished as the WR 5, WR 4, WR 9, WR 3. Those are numbers that can’t be ignored. Ive been playing for awhile don’t you worry. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

I go off statistics. In 2018 in the four weeks with Watson, fuller finished as the WR 5, WR 4, WR 9, WR 3. Those are numbers that can’t be ignored. Ive been playing for awhile don’t you worry. 

I can pick 4 good games with pretty much any WR in the NFL. How did he end his year? On IR. Just like he does every year. Do yourself a favor and do some research instead of picking favorable statistics. If you've been following the NFL for a while you would already know this.

Edited by StevenSC400

8 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

and in the first 4 weeks this season Fuller was probably in the WR50+ range

13 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

Ok now give us the stats for this season..

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I can pick 4 good games with pretty much any WR in the NFL. How did he end his year? On IR. Just like he does every year. Do yourself a favor and do some research instead of picking favorable statistics. If you've been following the NFL for a while you would already know this.

I started with Fuller having 14 tds in 16 games with Watson. 16 games is a pretty decent sample size. Their is some obvious chemistry between Watson and Fuller. That includes the bad 4 weeks Fuller had to start the season. Coming off an ACL tear from the previous year I think it’s OK to think he would have a slow start.

However if you paid attention to the games, Watson was missing his throws to fuller. All the advanced statistics speak to Fuller having a big year being. 

I drafted Hopkins and Fuller in different leagues. I’m not saying Fuller is a better WR than Hopkins by any means. However, it should definitely make Hopkins owner nervous by how well Fuller plays when Watson is the QB. Results don’t lie. Stats don’t lie. The only thing that may be lying is you guys Thinking fuller isn’t and won’t eat at Hopkins production. Fuller could have had 5 td’s last game as he was stopped in the 1 yard line twice. It’s just a “what if”, but just goes to show how the Chemistry between Watson and Fuller is real.

Hopkins will get his. Absolutely. However Fuller can and most likely will take some points away from Hopkins. You are foolish to think otherwise when all the stats are right in front of you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

I started with Fuller having 14 tds in 16 games with Watson. 16 games is a pretty decent sample size. Their is some obvious chemistry between Watson and Fuller. That includes the bad 4 weeks Fuller had to start the season. Coming off an ACL tear from the previous year I think it’s OK to think he would have a slow start.

However if you paid attention to the games, Watson was missing his throws to fuller. All the advanced statistics speak to Fuller having a big year being. 

I drafted Hopkins and Fuller in different leagues. I’m not saying Fuller is a better WR than Hopkins by any means. However, it should definitely make Hopkins owner nervous by how well Fuller plays when Watson is the QB. Results don’t lie. Stats don’t lie. The only thing that may be lying is you guys Thinking fuller isn’t and won’t eat at Hopkins production. Fuller could have had 5 td’s last game as he was stopped in the 1 yard line twice. It’s just a “what if”, but just goes to show how the Chemistry between Watson and Fuller is real.

Hopkins will get his. Absolutely. However Fuller can and most likely will take some points away from Hopkins. You are foolish to think otherwise when all the stats are right in front of you.

Dude just stop. Your missing the whole point of fuller not being able to stay healthy. Your just digging a bigger hole for yourself. 

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Dude just stop. Your missing the whole point of fuller not being able to stay healthy. Your just digging a bigger hole for yourself. 

If your banking on an injury to help Hopkins...then good luck lol

• Haha 1