dashoe

Russell Wilson 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

That's all he was asking for wasnt it? He was wanting to know how the signing bonus would affect the salary cap. Either 13 mill over 5 years or 16.25 over 4 years.. or did I read that wrong.

Yes I understand the base salaries for each season would go against the cap for those seasons just didn’t know if 13 million was applied for 5 or 16.25 over the 4 year extension but I believe it’s the latter after doing some research.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

That and an ownership stake or getting paid under the table. There is no way Brady is taking less money without getting it back in some way.

I’m sure 31 teams and the Players Association are all turning a blind eye to what you believe to be true...makes a lot of sense.

Edited by psygolf
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Rodgers had a 12.5:1 this year (25-2)

Huh???  At no point was I talking about td to int ratio.  Completions to TD ratio was what the conversation was about and Rodgers had a 14.88 ratio.

19 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Huh???  At no point was I talking about td to int ratio.  Completions to TD ratio was what the conversation was about and Rodgers had a 14.88 ratio.

Defense will be a big factor in that stat then. Easier to score in less plays with a shorter field.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

This had me confused too. Most of the time I hear this stat it's a called a TD percentage. The ratio had me messed up. Rodgers had a 4% touchdown percentage to Wilson's 8.2% His career average is 6% so it might be wise to assume he will drop a little. Or stupid what do I know. 

Edited by Stonej14

22 hours ago, psygolf said:

I’m sure 31 teams and the Players Association are all turning a blind eye to what you believe to be true...makes a lot of sense.

I don't think it's improbable, shady deals do exist in the world.

There are so many ways to hide financial transactions that no one would be privy too. real estate, artwork, equity in private companies and jewelry are some of the easiest ways to hide money.

Why do you think wealthy people spend millions on art? It's a stored value of wealth that can be liquidated in a private and unregulated market.

Who's to know if Kraft bought a painting for 1million that is now worth 5mm and privately sold it to Brady at cost?

No one.😱

Brady just happens to have a house on a 5 acre property next door to patriots owner kraft. how many multi-millionaires have next door homes to billionaires? 👀

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

There are so many ways to hide financial transactions that no one would be privy too. real estate, artwork, equity in private companies and jewelry are some of the easiest ways to hide money.

Why do you think wealthy people spend millions on art? It's a stored value of wealth that can be liquidated in a private and unregulated market.

Who's to know if Kraft bought a painting for 1million that is now worth 5mm and privately sold it to Brady at cost?

No one.😱

Brady just happens to have a house on a 5 acre property next door to patriots owner kraft. how many multi-millionaires have next door homes to billionaires? 👀

I didn't realize that billionaires only lived next door to fellow billionaires.

17 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I didn't realize that billionaires only lived next door to fellow billionaires.

generally they do. . . same as millionaires live next to millionaires and the poor live next to the poor. but hey Kraft seems to be a maverick type, generally speaking billionaires dont go to selazy local massage parlors for their fix 😱

interesting that I didnt use the word "only" but you did, nice attempt on your part to nuance my point for your position by adding a restrictive word. notice how i responded using the word "generally"?  😜

Edited by dashoe

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

generally they do. . . same as millionaires live next to millionaires and the poor live next to the poor. but hey Kraft seems to be a maverick type, generally speaking billionaires dont go to selazy local massage parlors for their fix 😱

interesting that I didnt use the word "only" but you did, nice attempt on your part to nuance my point for your position by adding a restrictive word. notice how i responded using the word "generally"?  😜

A nuance to the pile of crap you posted.   You adding “generally” does not remove the stink.

6 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Defense will be a big factor in that stat then. Easier to score in less plays with a shorter field.

Yes and with better defense less he has to throw for TDs.   At no point am I downplaying Wilson's ability I honestly think he is a top 5 talent at QB.  But if Seattle treats him and the passing game like they did last year he is undraftable in fantasy. As it has been stated he only finished as QB 11 when throwing a td every 8 passes.   Thats not sustainable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dashoe said:

No one.😱

It sounds like you read about how money laundering works and then threw it in a blender. Using your example, Brady would have the $1mm piece of art, then Kraft would funnel $5mm somewhere to purchase the art at $4mm above true value for that scenario to make sense. If art gained value that quickly in a readily vaulated way and was that liquid, it would be the #1 investment to make.

And in actuality art is very illiquid because the market is niche and the act of selling it requires a ton of go betweens with high transactional costs. (Dealers, auctions houses, galleries, etc)

1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

It sounds like you read about how money laundering works and then threw it in a blender. Using your example, Brady would have the $1mm piece of art, then Kraft would funnel $5mm somewhere to purchase the art at $4mm above true value for that scenario to make sense. If art gained value that quickly in a readily vaulated way and was that liquid, it would be the #1 investment to make.

And in actuality art is very illiquid because the market is niche and the act of selling it requires a ton of go betweens with high transactional costs. (Dealers, auctions houses, galleries, etc)

You never heard of private transactions? 😱

And you make the false assumption that brady wold want to liquidate immediately when there is no need to. Art is stored value and it is not as illiquid as you think. There is always a cash bid. Meaning  it may be illiquid at a specific price but if you discount it you will find plenty of buyers who will quietly take the piece for cash and no need to divulge that information publicly.

kraft could even gift brady a piece of art he has had in his private collection for years that has never been on public record and no one would ever know 👀

Geez, what is this amateur hour. . .🤣

• Like 1

You're right, i shouldn't have expected you to care about the veracity of your statements or bothered responding.

Have a good day man.

1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

You're right, i shouldn't have expected you to care about the veracity of your statements or bothered responding.

Have a good day man.

I think I am fairly accurate given that the scenario is purely hypothetical. . . you do realize you were responding to a hypothetical. . .🤣

• Like 1

Russ was threading he needle today. Unbelievable touch. Wonder if Metcalf is a good stack with him. He looked for Metcalf a good amount.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, dashoe said:

No one.😱

:tinfoilhat:

• Haha 1

Picking this guy over Rodgers or Mahomes is going to be a blessing for me. His floor is just so solid, and his potential to have games like last time is always there.

Gonna enjoy this ride :D

• Like 1

Despite Seattle running the ball 43 times to only 23 passing attempts Russ managed to put together an ultra efficient excellent fantasy line tonight. On top of that it was a short week Thursday Night game. What he did today is not sustainable but it feels good getting a big head start on my opponent this week!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

What he did today is not sustainable but it feels good getting a big head start on my opponent this week!

But he’s sustained it for 2+ years now. If you mean one TD every 6 attempts yes that’s unsustainable but he has always been and will continue to be hyper efficient.

• Like 1

This guy always getting slammed by so called Fantasy experts but continue to deliver. I don’t have him on my teams but damn would I love to have him. 

35 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Despite Seattle running the ball 43 times to only 23 passing attempts Russ managed to put together an ultra efficient excellent fantasy line tonight. On top of that it was a short week Thursday Night game. What he did today is not sustainable but it feels good getting a big head start on my opponent this week!

Why isn’t it sustainable? Look I get he won’t throw 4 tds every game but the whole “he won’t maintain a high td% rate” is a dumb argument. It’s why he went too late in drafts so I won’t complain. This guy is awesome and efficient.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1