dashoe

Russell Wilson 2019 Outlook

the TD to Lockett was the prettiest, most incredible ball i've seen in years, if not ever. 

there was no "window" ... hell, there wasn't even a sliver - but the touch and accuracy - to drop a dime that perfectly ... just an awesome display. awesome. 

'Homie gets all the raves, #12 is the GOAT,  ARod may be the greatest ever pure passer, Brees just keeps compiling ... but St.Russel is as good as we've ever seen - stats aside, he's arguably the most complete QB playing atm. 

yeah, he really is that good. 

• Like 7

I want to thank all of the incompetent analysts who pushed Wilson to the back of the qb rankings and had guys like mayfield ahead of him. The way they do rankings now they are getting way ahead of themselves. I’m glad I just stuck to the script. 

• Like 4

Now, sit back and imagine how Wilson would do in an offense that believed in the healing power of the forward pass.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now, sit back and imagine how Wilson would do in an offense that believed in the healing power of the forward pass.

So many times I've contemplated this over the years. He could post ridiculous numbers if the offense wasn't always so conservative. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the TD to Lockett was the prettiest, most incredible ball i've seen in years, if not ever. 

there was no "window" ... hell, there wasn't even a sliver - but the touch and accuracy - to drop a dime that perfectly ... just an awesome display. awesome. 

On top of that he was on the move and essentially threw said dime across his body. Incredible.. 

And unlike other running quarterbacks he seems to have a spidey sense as far as when to take off or when to slide or when to throw on the run. Doesn't run a hap-hazard offense like the Newtons and Vicks of the world. The only other quarterback I can think of who’s been able to combine prolific passing and running like he has is Steve Young. Gun to my head out of the two I’m taking Wilson.

If Carroll and Bevell weren’t smoking meth on the sideline he’d be a 2 time super bowl champion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Cheppy said:

On top of that he was on the move and essentially threw said dime across his body. Incredible.. 

And unlike other running quarterbacks he seems to have a spidey sense as far as when to take off or when to slide or when to throw on the run. Doesn't run a hap-hazard offense like the Newtons and Vicks of the world. The only other quarterback I can think of who’s been able to combine prolific passing and running like he has is Steve Young. Gun to my head out of the two I’m taking Wilson.

If Carroll and Bevell weren’t smoking meth on the sideline he’d be a 2 time super bowl champion.

Agree with the "spidy sense" line completely.  When looking at a game on TV, you can see everything, where the rush is coming, where the QB should shift in the pocket, but on the field they don't see that and the crappy QBs usually move into a sack or stand there and let the pressure get to them.  It's like Russell Wilson is watching on TV playing a video game controlling himself to always move into the perfect spot.  Its uncanny.  So much respect for that dude.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I want to thank all of the incompetent analysts who pushed Wilson to the back of the qb rankings and had guys like mayfield ahead of him. The way they do rankings now they are getting way ahead of themselves. I’m glad I just stuck to the script. 

I sooo messed up in listening to the analysts and undervaluing him this year.  He has been amazing.

27 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

He is by far the best QB at getting down and avoiding unnecessary hits and it isn’t really close.
How many other QBs would have pitched that ball to will Dissly on the scramble? How many QBs would have pitched that triple option to Lockett (I actually thought that was a dangerous decision) to avoid taking a hit? He is so so so good at avoiding punishment and his durability is unmatched.

36 minutes ago, owenmills said:

So many times I've contemplated this over the years. He could post ridiculous numbers if the offense wasn't always so conservative. 

Except in the Super Bowl.  Then they want to throw from the one.  LOL

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

They actually haven’t been that conservative prior to this game. They were 9th in run percentage which is still fairly high but nothing crazy. They’ve actually unleashed Wilson a bit finally.

It was a TNF game against a very good offense at home. They were always going to run in that situation. 

I know this is a FF forum but he’s the best real life QB in the NFL and I won’t be convinced otherwise. His ability to sense pressure and spatial awareness is probably close the top in history of the NFL and add on the fact that his deep ball is definitely one of the best in NFL history and I can say with certainty that he’s the top QB and his FF price will always be deflated due to the run heavy nature of Seattle and the fact that there is no way he’ll continue to be as efficient as he was. 

• Like 1

ESPN had their early season awards and Dak was ahead of Wilson In MVP. You know, I think you have to try to be that stupid. 

Edit:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001061309/article/2019-nfl-mvp-candidates-at-quarter-mark-mahomes-sittin-pretty

This s--- is even worse. I know it’s just the opinion of a single clown but man does it make my blood boil.

Edited by Gohawks

I just can't imagine how good this guy would make teams like Chicago or Minnesota, especially considering their defenses!!! As a Packer can, thank God lol...

• Like 1

I've always felt Rodgers was the GOAT just in terms of his ability. (Not trying to derail the thread). What it was for me was if the Pack were down with little time I expected him to march them down the field and get it done. Wilson gives me that same feeling. 

In terms of fantasy he's gonna end up being a steal this year. Both a high floor and a high ceiling. 

Since 2012 when I saw him in training camp, took him on a late-round flier and wound up starting him in the second half of the season, I've made it a point to draft the Russbot about a round ahead of ADP/where I thought others would likely value him because he always produces. It's paid off in trophies. There have always been a few QBs in the public eye who overshadow Wilson, and every August folks seem to forget what he can do. Maybe the early rap on him being too short, game manager, etc.(plus the February 2015 SB INT) created a seed of doubt that still lingers with people during the knee-jerk chaos of draft day, so their guts tell them to look in another direction until Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, even Matt Ryan are off the board. In my view, after Mahomes he was the most reliable guy to get this year. Never misses a game (Deshaun and Aaron have missed time), rarely puts up a stinker, lots of TDs, few picks, no chance of being benched. How can there be any doubt given the numbers he put up since 2015? He is THE MAN on that team, and he produces.

Edited by 99-percent-sure
  • Like 3

Very good fantasy QB.  Hall of Fame real life QB.

• Like 2

Adding to the sentiment, he is just a “joy” to watch. Like one of the posters alluded to earlier, he’s so fluid and has top notch pocket awareness, it really is like he’s contrilling himself from a 3rd person POv.

I don’t know if there’s any other QB that handles themselves better in the pocket right now.. and I agree, It would be something else to see him in an offense that skewed pass more.

All of that also goes without saying that he can throw the damn ball too..

Edited by Sully
  • Like 1

The only pure passer that looks better than him right now is Mahomes. In terms of ball control and pocket awareness, I think Wilson has the edge on him right now. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

The only pure passer that looks better than him right now is Mahomes. In terms of ball control and pocket awareness, I think Wilson has the edge on him right now. 

Concur. Russell “Carlton Banks” Wilson definitely a too two mvp candidate so far.

On 10/3/2019 at 11:50 PM, jsch08 said:

Why isn’t it sustainable? Look I get he won’t throw 4 tds every game but the whole “he won’t maintain a high td% rate” is a dumb argument. It’s why he went too late in drafts so I won’t complain. This guy is awesome and efficient.

Agree. He did it last year as well, there were times he threw it 14 or 17 times and had 2+ tds and finished with 20+pt. I had him last year and it amazed his efficiency throwing td with low pass attempts.

After week 5 he will have the 3rd least pass attempts out of the QBs who have played 5 games (21st out of 23), but he leads the NFL in TDs. Those 2 things should never go together but when it comes to St. Russell logic just doesn’t apply. 

Edited by Ddam2013

im'ma leave this here ...

B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) Tweeted: Russ playing like the MVP?

1st in TDs

1st in passer rating

No. 2 in completion %

0 interceptions

Seahawks 4-1 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2