Flyman75

Devonta Freeman 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Just now, OmegaRed88 said:

Entirely dependent on your team make up but Freeman was picked in a range where if you hit on a guy you really can get an edge over your league but if you strike out, as whats looking to be the case here, you lag behind.  He's practically droppable but for the technicality of what you spent to get him and his role on what should be a productive offense.

Very true. So many good players were still on the board and like 80% of them look great. Freeman was supposed to be my RB2. Plus I took Mixon. F

35 minutes ago, turner46 said:

If Alfred Morris played every year under Shanahan he would be hall of fame bound check 2012 and 2013 if you have a spare minute. Take out 2015 and 2016 and is Freeman all that good???

When I made that comment I'm completely familiar with his affect on RB's.  I think it was mostly Shanny's system benefitting Devonta.

• Like 1

His usage has been maddening. I don't know if Quinn is just easing him back into game action or what, but it's been a frustrating ride so far.

The bigger concern is that he had absolutely zero room to run last night, and there were a few times where he got the ball and was immediately met in the backfield for a loss. This speaks to the injury casualties on ATL's o-line, and all we can do is hope that the run blocking can get shored up because that was awful last night.

• Thanks 1

Buy low candidate imo. Can be gotten for super cheap and I think he has value rest of season. New OC, new offensive line, two top run defenses...to be expected he didn't do much. He isn't a very talented player but he's the lead back in a system that will have a lot of production, the value is there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoffToff10 said:

Buy low candidate imo. Can be gotten for super cheap and I think he has value rest of season. New OC, new offensive line, two top run defenses...to be expected he didn't do much. He isn't a very talented player but he's the lead back in a system that will have a lot of production, the value is there.

He's barely a lead back. Smith can split with him at any time now.

9 minutes ago, CoffToff10 said:

What are you basing this on?

If I had to wager a guess...Lack of patience. Isn’t that par for the course on RW?  If you haven’t won me games by week 2 you’re a bum!!!

freeman is healthy and the undisputed lead back for Atlanta.   They’ll get it together.   I’ll be sending out lowball offers this week to panicky owners.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Very true. So many good players were still on the board and like 80% of them look great. Freeman was supposed to be my RB2. Plus I took Mixon. F

Took Mixon and Freeman as well. They have literally scored like 5 combined points in 2 weeks.

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

Buy low. Be patient. Whatever, the fact is that a lot of people are 0-2 because they drafted him as their RB2 and he literally has done nothing.

I wish he had enough value that I could sell low and get anything of even marginal value for him.

55 minutes ago, CoffToff10 said:

What are you basing this on?

Watching the games? Ito looks to be the preferred goal line and short yardage back as well. He was in on several passing downs and just looked better than Freeman. 

• Like 1

I bought low or I guess you could say accepted a offer but am somewhat wishing I stood pat but oh well, I got Freeman and Alshon for Ridley. Freeman is now my co RB2 with Ingram and now my WR2 is Alshon or ARob🤞

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Buy low. Be patient. Whatever, the fact is that a lot of people are 0-2 because they drafted him as their RB2 and he literally has done nothing.

If you are 0-2, your roster likely has other issues besides Freeman.

I’m holding for at least another few weeks. I thought he did okay early. He had runs of 9 & 6 I believe. Then they ran two awful run plays where he didn’t even have a chance and lost 5/6 yards each. The rest of the game he didn’t do too much but the pass he caught and turned up field was nice. He also worked as a wr one play and caught a nice slant. I would like to see him more involved in the passing game. 

I didn’t like the usage though. He was randomly taken out from time to time and he had a good gain in the red zone and Ito came in for the goal line carry. That was the biggest red flag I saw.

Ito isn’t super impressive to me. He had a few nice runs but at least one of them the lanes opened up like the Red Sea. Freeman never saw anything close to that space.

Freeman owners are in desperate denial mode.

FYI - I'm a Freeman owner, and I've seen nothing to convince me that he'll be an RB1 this year. Might get lucky if he's an RB2.

The tread is wearing out on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty decent analysis of his Week 1 performance. Main takeaway is that he's been way too indecisive when running.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 77georgec said:

Learned my lesson 2 years ago with this bum. Guy made a career off of one good season.

Standard

2015: RB1

2016: RB6

2017: RB13

Three good seasons and I would have happily taken any of the three

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Standard

2015: RB1

2016: RB6

2017: RB13

Three good seasons and I would have happily taken any of the three

One amazing season that made him a fantasy superstar is what he meant I think...

He's been a DND for me for a couple years now.

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

So people aren’t buying Freeman???!

Some people are. I’m team Ito though so I got him sitting on my bench in hopes he takes  over. Looking good so far.