Flyman75

Devonta Freeman 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

So people aren’t buying Freeman???!

I says why buy him, who would you play him over.  I would rather play almost any 2nd stringer over him. I would have a hard time not adding a FA instead of playing him. I drafted him last season and got 1 s---y quarter out of him, it might have been a half. I actually giggled when one guy drafted him then said he might be a top 10 back. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better days are ahead for Falcons RB but if Freeman doesn’t get the GL carries, he will be nothing but a bye week filled this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify here, if you're someone that got burned by drafting Freeman as your RB1 - YOU are the person we are trying to buy low from and use him as a flex/RB2. Him not living up to draft position is meaningless at this point, it's how much value does he have ROS, and right now he can be acquired dirt cheap.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t watch the game. So he was in the game and got pulled once they got to the 1 yard line in favor of Ito?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 7:59 AM, FinsUp24 said:

I didn’t watch the game. So he was in the game and got pulled once they got to the 1 yard line in favor of Ito?

I guess they trust Ito more? It sure looks like Freeman isn't the goaline back. Who knows. Falcons are a mess right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, john00 said:

I guess they trust Ito more? It sure looks like Freeman isn't the goaline back. Who knows. Falcons are a mess right now. 

Coaching staff loves Ito in short yardage situations. I'll try to find the video of the coaching staff talking him up in those situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had a 25 yard reception that he got brought down at the 1 yard line, they took Freeman out after that to give him a breather. He was in that whole drive as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, john00 said:

I saw the long reception he had. He was so close to that td.

 

It was a nice play and where I felt Freeman’s true value would be going into this season. Falcons have so many weapons in the passing game, it’s easy for Freeman to get lost in the mix by the defense. Hoping to see more plays like that moving forward because their o line is beat up and bad. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ito Smith's snap share dropped from 50% to 38% between weeks 1 and 2. Colts allowing 5.5 YPC and 8.36 yards per reception. If Freeman is going to have a get right game, this is a good opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Ito Smith's snap share dropped from 50% to 38% between weeks 1 and 2. Colts allowing 5.5 YPC and 8.36 yards per reception. If Freeman is going to have a get right game, this is a good opportunity. 

Might just drop him if he’s garbage again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Might just drop him if he’s garbage again 

 

He's not drop-worthy because his situation is pretty good, but as a football player he looks over the hill.  The numbers today (5.5 ypc) don't do justice to how slow he looked.  I'd expect Ito Smith to steal more and more carries after he recovers from his concussion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solid game for him. Ran the ball effectively and got involved in the passing game. Woulda looked much better if he punched one in for TD. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His trade value is low but he put up 18 PPR points. I am absolutely not complaining at all. 

 

21 touches to itos 4. I wish Freeman got the last 2 receptions as well. Could have had another 4 PPR points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

His trade value is low but he put up 18 PPR points. I am absolutely not complaining at all. 

 

21 touches to itos 4. I wish Freeman got the last 2 receptions as well. Could have had another 4 PPR points. 

 

If Ito is getting that 20% share on the goal line Freeman is going to continue to be a bust.  He’s hardly startable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

 

If Ito is getting that 20% share on the goal line Freeman is going to continue to be a bust.  He’s hardly startable.

 

He’s startable as a Flex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

 

If Ito is getting that 20% share on the goal line Freeman is going to continue to be a bust.  He’s hardly startable.

He’s an RB3 in PPR because of the receiving work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are sure ito is a goaline back? i mean the dude only had 2 rushes the whole game...makes absolutely no sense other than freeman wanted a break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Power-O said:

are sure ito is a goaline back? i mean the dude only had 2 rushes the whole game...makes absolutely no sense other than freeman wanted a break

Watched all games and it seems Ito is in on goal a hell of a lot. I typically only see Freeman between the 20s or outside of the 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really curious stat line.  Dreadful yards per carry but still more than 20 touches and excellent receiving usage and production in PPR.  But the Falcons lost 24-10, so it’s not like they will look at this offensive game plan and feel they should follow this script as a path to success.  Tennessee D is no joke though.  If this were any indication of Freeman’s expected usage all season, I’d take it, GL duties or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

This is a really curious stat line.  Dreadful yards per carry but still more than 20 touches and excellent receiving usage and production in PPR.  But the Falcons lost 24-10, so it’s not like they will look at this offensive game plan and feel they should follow this script as a path to success.  Tennessee D is no joke though.  If this were any indication of Freeman’s expected usage all season, I’d take it, GL duties or not.

The sad thing is that they can look at it and nothing will change anyway. It's been that was since the SB loss. They are being raked by the Atlanta sports media, fans, and DQ is on the hot-seat. I just heard this morning he very well may not even make it through the season. It's a dumpster fire. I think this is exactly what they will look like, dumping off to Freeman and Hooper and ignoring their downfield threats, Julio and Ridley. Freeman owners should be rejoicing right now. Defenses are giving them that and they don't have the coaching staff to design plays that put defenses on their toes.

UnfinishedFreshEuropeanpolecat-size_rest

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucs were inept of offense and couldn't run the ball under Koetter and now Koetter is the OC in Atlanta. Coincidence? I think not. Dude is hot garbage as an OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.