Flyman75

Devonta Freeman 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Remember David Johnson's great 2016 year? I meant he got injured in week 17 but since that's not fantasy relevant, nobody cares, but that is still an injury. The Freeman is injury prone bs is because Freeman got injured in week 2, not week 17 and because of recency bias. In reality, I could argue David Johnson is just as injury prone as Freeman is. 

Yep.  After I quoted you, I thought about the context and I couldn't edit a second time.  My bad...I was more worried about getting my factoid in that what your point was.

Agree 100% that the first injury gets overlooked because of the timing.   In fact, I had forgotten all about it until your post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

Honestly neither of them are actually injury prone

Freeman has 4 reported concussions.   That's pretty significant imo.   Especially with his running style.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Freeman has 4 reported concussions.   That's pretty significant imo.   Especially with his running style.

That is a fair point I forgot about! I was thinking on a muscular/soft tissue level

1 hour ago, dropshadows said:

Boy I hope so. Their apparent OL struggles for me is alleviated by Freeman's ability to leak out and catch passes. Lets go!!!

My sole concern with Freeman, is durability.  Even if the OL has issues, he'll get so much volume, he will produce regardless.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Hard to say.  I don’t remember the exact stat but it’s something like: the average NFL player suffers between 2-4 concussions per season.  Most don’t have the luxury of reporting it if they can play through-  jobs at stake.     

I’ll agree freeman is a moderate injury risk... But what a talent and situation he’s in.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, stelly said:

Any concerns rolling Freeman out this week on the road in a tough matchup @ Minnesota? 

Nah 

• Like 1

I drafted him with a valuable pick so I can set and forget until he gets hurt and then belatedly scramble for Ito. When healthy Freeman has always been a stud and that was with Coleman eating away valuable touches. Freeman is ready right now and this offense is going to roll. 

Just now, Tugginroot said:

Thats what I thought about Aaron Jones, too 🤣.

Lmaooo to be fair, jammal Williams got way to much playing time. Freeman shouldn’t split with anyone. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, his floor is 1 carry for -2 yards, staggers off, questionable to return.

Scary stuff.

Who’s sitting? 

To avoid deletion, not asking who you’re playing instead but who’s sitting?

39 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Who’s sitting? 

To avoid deletion, not asking who you’re playing instead but who’s sitting?

Very clever workaround 😂 

Nobody.  Freeman starts in every format.

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Very clever workaround 😂

It's not really a workaround, actually.  We've always allowed some sort of start/sit discussion for folks to gauge confidence in a player's outlook for the week, analyze the matchups, etc.  As long as you're not trying to ask a question in the form of a statement (e.g. "thinking about starting X over Y"), or discussing items that are too dependent on your individual team/league context, then the post is of value to most owners, which means it's fine here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, tonycpsu said:

It's not really a workaround, actually.  We've always allowed some sort of start/sit discussion for folks to gauge confidence in a player's outlook, discuss matchup analysis, etc.  As long as you're not trying to ask a question in the form of a statement ("thinking about starting X over Y", or too dependent on team/league context, then the post is of value to most owners, which means it's fine here.

IssaJoke

but I do appreciate the clarification tony.  

Care to take a stab at Freeman’s outlook this week?

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

IssaJoke

Yeah, really just using it as an opportunity to clarify where the lines are for those who might not be familiar.

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Care to take a stab at Freeman’s outlook this week?

Agree that he's not a sit in any standard format.  Top 20-ish RB despite a tough matchup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Sure wish I would have sat him, or not drafted him.

Overreaction much? Its week 1 relax lol

Whole offense wasn’t great and he fumbled. Tough to make any definitive conclusions yet. Eagles isn’t much better of a matchup but Chris Thompson had a decent receiving line against them. Perhaps they get him going in that phase this week.