Flyman75

Devonta Freeman 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

34 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Surprised there isn’t more discussion here on the snap share... Smith was on the field a good amount 

Freeman has never been a huge snap share guy but this could be a function of the fact that the game was such a blowout.  I haven't seen the data by quarter but for all I know they  gave Ito some extra run in the 2nd half.  

26 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Freeman has never been a huge snap share guy but this could be a function of the fact that the game was such a blowout.  I haven't seen the data by quarter but for all I know they  gave Ito some extra run in the 2nd half.  

I just looked at the play-by-play. Freeman had gotten 100% of the carries up until he lost the fumble with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. After that he only got two more carries the rest of the game.

What are people's thoughts on him going forward? Some people were all in on him coming into the season. We still viewing him as a solid RB2 ROS?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I just looked at the play-by-play. Freeman had gotten 100% of the carries up until he lost the fumble with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. After that he only got two more carries the rest of the game.

What are people's thoughts on him going forward? Some people were all in on him coming into the season. We still viewing him as a solid RB2 ROS?

We can attribute this to the blow out, i expect the game script will favor freeman much more next week as the falcons are at home and basically a pick em according to Vegas. If freeman doesn’t get the majority of touches Sunday night, then it will officially be time to hit the panic button. 

9 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Terrible game by the Falcons.   Minny has their number somehow.   Give it a few weeks and re evaluate.  

OTOH....Good buy low chance

Edited by Impreza178

"Falcons RG Chris Lindstrom (foot) is expected to miss at least eight weeks.  Lindstrom will be in a walking boot for the next two months after breaking a small bone in his foot. It's a huge loss to Atlanta's interior line. The Falcons are hoping Lindstrom can return from IR late in the year. Wes Schweitzer will start in Lindstrom's place."

Schweitzer is terrible.  Matt Ryan uncharacteristically screamed at him during a preseason game recently.

12 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

That's great to hear. Then I expect his usage to be closer to usual. I'm confident the defense he'll face won't be as good. Plus he will face them at home.

I legitimately thought this guy will have a strong bounce back year... Good offense, lots of dome games, great o-line, no more Tevin, etc.... Wow damn I am not going to lie.. I am scared....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thinkingcap said:

I legitimately thought this guy will have a strong bounce back year... Good offense, lots of dome games, great o-line, no more Tevin, etc.... Wow damn I am not going to lie.. I am scared....

Same here. I thought he was a great value where I got him in the 3rd round (he very well still could be), and figured Atlanta would ride him this year since he's already gotten paid.  I'm sure he still has some juice left, but it's concerning how quickly they move away from him in certain situations.

40 minutes ago, john00 said:

Is this guy gonna do anything this Sunday? 

wake up. 

breakfast. 

nap. 

lunch. 

nap. 

light dinner. 

drive to stadium. 

... anything else is delving into Magic 8 Ball territory, my friend. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wake up. 

breakfast. 

nap. 

lunch. 

nap. 

light dinner. 

drive to stadium. 

... anything else is delving into Magic 8 Ball territory, my friend. 

Haha that is true. Hey, anything is better than last week right? Philly's defense is good, but is it as good as the Viking's d? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john00 said:

Haha that is true. Hey, anything is better than last week right? Philly's defense is good, but is it as good as the Viking's d? 

haha, i hear ya, man ... just having a laugh ...

yeah, last week was brutal - no place to go but UP!

gl to you this week ✌

44 minutes ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

Dan Quinn throwing us fantasy junkies a bone

I am just as concerned if their response to being down is to give Ito touches instead of Freeman.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

He's a bust.

[...]

Haha, sure.  It's definitely not too early for such a declaration.  Sony and Conner are busts too I guess after not doing much in their first games.  No need to wait more than one game.  Tevin leaving and just Ito remaining also makes no difference.  Just call him a bust.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Haha, sure.  It's definitely not too early for such a declaration.  Sony and Conner are busts too I guess after not doing much in their first games.  No need to wait more than one game.  Tevin leaving and just Ito remaining also makes no difference.  Just call him a bust.

I don’t know why people even play fantasy if they freak out after every week.

• Like 6

Do you guys feel confident starting him this week? The Eagles D is another tough matchup for him. I am debating benching him and I hate it. His upside is ridiculous with Coleman gone. This offense just needs to get rollin.

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I don’t know why people even play fantasy if they freak out after every week.

Why do people smoke crack, even though everyone knows you fast forward two years and there’s a good chance they’ll be walking around downtown with one shoe on slurring to passers by some preposterous story no one believes about how they’re a veteran and they just need $5 because the car is out of gas around the corner with the whole family in it and he’s gotta get them to church?  Always chasing that rush of picking up Greg Jennings, Doug Martin, Roddy White, Victor Cruz, or Johnny Knox as totally unknown dudes off the waiver wire and blazing your way to a championship to the dismay and awe of your leaguemates.  Even if it means sometimes you’re dropping your slow starting 3rd round pick prematurely for Wendell Smallwood only to have the guy you dropped exceed his ADP by season’s end.  But it doesn’t matter because the next rush is right around the corner.  

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, RomesBurnin said:

Do you guys feel confident starting him this week? The Eagles D is another tough matchup for him. I am debating benching him and I hate it. His upside is ridiculous with Coleman gone. This offense just needs to get rollin.

Don’t wanna blur the lines into AC, but it just depends what other options are.  I’m often of the mind that if you spend a top 4 rounds pick on a dude, like I did Freeman, you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt early on. But man game 1 was not just bad, but dreadful.  Those who took a couple of WRs rounds 1-2 and then took several RBs in the next several rounds probably have some other, similar options (Michel, Ingram, Breida, Henry, etc).  But I don’t see how anyone can tell you to start with confidence after how the dirty birds offense looked.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Why do people smoke crack, even though everyone knows you fast forward two years and there’s a good chance they’ll be walking around downtown with one shoe on slurring to passers by some preposterous story no one believes about how they’re a veteran and they just need $5 because the car is out of gas around the corner with the whole family in it and he’s gotta get them to church?  Always chasing that rush of picking up Greg Jennings, Doug Martin, Roddy White, Victor Cruz, or Johnny Knox as totally unknown dudes off the waiver wire and blazing your way to a championship to the dismay and awe of your leaguemates.  Even if it means sometimes you’re dropping your slow starting 3rd round pick prematurely for Wendell Smallwood only to have the guy you dropped exceed his ADP by season’s end.  But it doesn’t matter because the next rush is right around the corner.  

spacer.png

2 hours ago, RomesBurnin said:

Unless you went RB/RB/RB I can't imagine you having two better options. 

• Like 1