Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

Not much you can do to protect a toe from getting rolled up on during a tackle unless (until?) we move fully to flag foosball.

I guess that's true... SIGH. 

Oh well... GOOD THOUGHTS, GOOD THOUGHTS.... GET WELL ADAMS, SWEET PRINCE.

(Please KA... PLEASE STAY HEALTHY!)

Edited by ponza88

40 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

^ Never had a big toe injury

Never played in the NFL^ 

Seriously though.  Don't compare us normal people to world class athletes. None of us played in the NFL.  No one knows the extent yet.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anybody heard/read if DA is getting a MRI or Xray? Preferably like now.. So I can make moves accordingly. 200.gif&ehk=V9EPoZyEXQnkcKrrMDWgTA

1 minute ago, Brettg57 said:

Has anybody heard/read if DA is getting a MRI or Xray? Preferably like now.. So I can make moves accordingly. 200.gif&ehk=V9EPoZyEXQnkcKrrMDWgTA

Easy cowboy, it hasn't even been 24 hours. 😂

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Easy cowboy, it hasn't even been 24 hours. 😂

I know I know. I feel sick- Rex Ryan voice

Turf Toe severities 

Grade 1: Slight pain, no tear of the ligaments in the joint. Result: Player can return to the game or maybe miss a little action.
Grade 2: Modern pain, partial tear with some bruising. Result: Players misses several days or up to two weeks.
Grade 3: Considerable pain, complete tear with swelling, bruising. Result: Player out 1 to four months.

FINGERS CROSSED FOR GRADE 1!

2 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Turf Toe severities 

Grade 1: Slight pain, no tear of the ligaments in the joint. Result: Player can return to the game or maybe miss a little action.
Grade 2: Modern pain, partial tear with some bruising. Result: Players misses several days or up to two weeks.
Grade 3: Considerable pain, complete tear with swelling, bruising. Result: Player out 1 to four months.

He said the pain was so bad he didn’t want to put his shoe back on. Sounds terrible. Grade 2 or 3 imo.

3 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Turf Toe severities 

I think we are past grade 1..I’m hoping for grade 2 and two weeks 

source.gif

Edited by ponza88

2 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Turf Toe severities 

It wasn't grade 1, because then he would have gone back in.  It wasn't grade 2, because Davante was not in modern (sic) (should be moderate) pain.  Dude was in agony.

Since it's 3, the question becomes how long will it take for him to get back in shape after it heals completely?  He could easily be eased back in slowly if he does return this year.

• Haha 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

It wasn't grade 1, because then he would have gone back in.  It wasn't grade 2, because Davante was not in modern (sic) (should be moderate) pain.  Dude was in agony.

Since it's 3, the question becomes how long will it take for him to get back in shape after it heals completely?  He could easily be eased back in slowly if he does return this year.

That will depend on whether GB is still competing for a playoff spot or not by then.

He never came back in witht he game on the line  and was in so much pain he couldnt put his shoe on. Not a dr but that sounds pretty bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That will depend on whether GB is still competing for a playoff spot or not by then.

True.  But if they are in good shape for the playoffs, the Packers could baby Davante during the fantasy playoffs to save him for the real playoffs.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

i think they would approach that with Pavlovian trepidation  🇯🇲

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, squirtlepk said:

I could have played in the show. 

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile

Oh my . Maybe put Rodgers at wr then

1 hour ago, ponza88 said:

This season has been rough on injuries.

I thought all these new rules were to protect the players health...

Ban on PED's and HGH have made them human again.

30 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

He said the pain was so bad he didn’t want to put his shoe back on. Sounds terrible. Grade 2 or 3 imo.

That sounds like a grade4

2 hours ago, ponza88 said:

This season has been rough on injuries.

I thought all these new rules were to protect the players health...

Well, they've been throwing flags like crazy so, if anything, the rules are all in place.  Players just not following them.

Moderate pain in the medical sense isn’t the same as in the everyday sense. If it was severe he wouldn’t even have been standing on it the rest of the game. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Highly doubt it's grade 3 (complete tear). I don't think he would have been able to walk around by himself and do post game press.

Edited by obithewan
Addition

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Moderate pain in the medical sense isn’t the same as in the everyday sense. If it was severe he wouldn’t even have been standing on it the rest of the game. 

Pure speculation on your part.  Game adrenaline hasn't worn off yet plus some people have a higher pain tolerance but doesn't mean the injury isn't any less severe.  

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1