Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

I hope he sits at least 1 game. A rather them be safe with him at whatever length they do end up going with. I rather get him closer to 100% then play now at 50-60% and risking further damage. Most of us should be able to survive a few weeks without him

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

The silver lining here is it happened on a TNF game. Max possible rest time and when he’s close to coming back, they won’t be playing in a TNF game which usually pushes teams to sit someone for 1 more game. 

If he sits out 1 game that's 10 days between thursday night to their next sunday game then, then another 7 days after that so that give him 17 days off. 2 games gives him 24 days. So he could conceivably miss only 2 games and get 3 weeks + off. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, obithewan said:

Nah, man. He didn't want to put his shoe on and said it was owie. His season's over.

No man with a reasonable amount of time left to live takes his shoe off. Absolutely unheard of.

• Haha 1

Im guessing he misses the next two games. One good thing is its a long week for them since they played Thursday night. Ive never seen a WR never miss a game from turf toe though and this worst thing is it lingers all year. Worse than a hamstring. 

39 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Im guessing he misses the next two games. One good thing is its a long week for them since they played Thursday night. Ive never seen a WR never miss a game from turf toe though and this worst thing is it lingers all year. Worse than a hamstring. 

What is your guess based off of? Rapaport makes it sound like 1 game max.

1 minute ago, ellie826 said:

What is your guess based off of? Rapaport makes it sound like 1 game max.

Previous turf toe injuries from other WRs. They are nasty and they linger. 

Edited by Dexter75

Hopefully it's not bad as some have reported.  I personally prefer teams let guys get healthy before returning.  The worst is when they game it up and play, only to stink and make the injury worse.  As someone mentioned already they have 10 days till their next game so lets hope for the best, or a worst case 1-2 game absence.

9 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Previous turf toe injuries from other WRs. They are nasty and they linger. 

We remember the bad ones more- just depends on severity.   Sounds like DA has a Grade 1 or 2 injury.    Any word on if he’s in a boot?

Three types of turf toe:

• Grade 1: Slight pain, no tear of the ligaments in the joint. Result: Player can return to the game or maybe miss a little action.
  • Grade 2: Modern pain, partial tear with some bruising. Result: Players misses several days or up to two weeks.
  • Grade 3: Considerable pain, complete tear with swelling, bruising. Result: Player out 1 to four months.

How is it treated: No matter the severity, turf toe is first treated with rest, ice, compression and elevation, known as RICE. A Grade 2 injury might require a walking boot. A Grade 3 injury might require surgery.

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Needless to say, this was a huge relief. That's why we need to pump the breaks around here once in a while and not just assume it's a season ending injury. 

Guys, let's not get carried away. He's going to miss some time. Some of the logic here is no better than the following haiku:

Adams has turf toe? / A lie! The frozen tundra's / Made of grass, not turf

• Haha 1

If you are relying on Rapoport, heaven help you.

• Haha 1

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Guys, let's not get carried away. He's going to miss some time. Some of the logic here is no better than the following haiku:

Adams has turf toe? / A lie! The frozen tundra's / Made of grass, not turf

I actually needed a haiku this Saturday morning.  I did not know I needed it, but I did.  I did indeed.

As for Adams, let's wait to see some more information.  Like, from the team or on official injury reports.  The last guy Rapoport told us was fine was Damien Williams after week 2, and that player has not even practiced since.

• Thanks 1

I can see him missing 2 games.  24 days of rehab and treatment for an injury deemed "not serious" sounds like it should be enough.

Losing 2 games would suck but decent fantasy owners should be able to get by.  Could be a lot worse.

I do agree that we have only had 1 report from rappaport on this.  Every other report is quoting him.  Will feel much better if/when another journalist confirms or the team does.

Edited by Brownsfan74

19 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rapoport is one of the least reliable reporters covering the NFL.

I believe he also reported that Damien Williams injury was not serious.

So...there's that.

How vague was that crappy tweet by Rapapport? All he cares about is beating Schefter to the lunch and being the one to break news. Some weird complex that he has. Then again we post here and all get a little mildly excited when we get “likes”, so maybe it’s understandable.

Should have either waited for an actual doctor’s opinion or the actual MRI report. I believe the other report of 2-6 weeks, but even that is vague. He’s not playing in the short term, that’s for sure.

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Owners should want him to rest a couple games.

If he limps around out there week to week without letting it heal he could be worthless for fantasy WR1 dominance as expected.

Nope.  I want him to be fully healthy and ready to play next week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Who here would take a solid RB2 or WR2 for Adams if offered?

Edit: Like if you would take the trade, Laugh at me if you wouldn't

Edited by rex_bulkhead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, rex_bulkhead said:

Who here would take a solid RB2 or WR2 for Adams if offered?

I guess it depends on your situation. If you have a winning record and if you have someone to fill his spot, you should hold and wait. 

If you are 1-3 or 0-4, you should trade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Adams is out for week 5. It's not a bone structural issue. It's a sprain of the joint which essentially means he has stressed a toe ligament. The degree of stress we are not aware of. If it's just a strain (stretch) it can heal fairly quickly. If there is any type of tear it's very bad news. I own him in my big money league and it's very disheartening news.

That said, if it is just a strain a 1-3 weeks off should be enough time for the ligament to relax and heal. No way I'm trading him now.

Based on what we know right now, I expect him to miss 1-3 weeks. I look forward to his return and help me in the FF playoffs! I'm holding!

20 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

I wouldn't consider it without the injury.  I am probably higher on Amari than most. I literally have Cooper Kupp at WR and that's it right now.  Have Engram at TE so I'm good there.  If Davante's toe injury lingers longer than we expect than I'm screwed.  I'm doing this out of necessity.  12 team league with 17 man rosters so picking are slim in the free agent pool.  Basically I'm trading two guys I most likely won't be playing for awhile for IMO a top 10 WR that I will play every week and a top 20ish WR that gives me good depth at a position I'm weak at.  

Let's keep trade talks in the AC forum. Thank you!