Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

35 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Where amongst all the WRs do we value Adams for the rest of the season?

Until we have something more definite about his health?  Off the board.

“Nothing really surprises me with 17 (Adams),” Rodgers said. “He’s one of those rare guys who just has that toughness about him, and the ability to play through stuff. I look at the ’15 season when he was playing on one leg most of the year. You kept trying to tell him, ‘Hey, take some plays off. Maybe take a week off.’ But he never wanted to.

“It speaks a lot to his personal drive and expectations and toughness. Nothing would surprise me with 17, but hopefully it’s this week or next week.”

Edited by NyZD
  • Like 4

So weird that the team have not come out officially about the injury diagnosis. We heard from Adams right after the game and since then it is just sources and reporters quoting other reporters. 

I think we should have more clarity as the week is closing in as teams need to officially report injuries to the league. 

Personally I think it is best if he is questionable or game time decision to take the week off. 

We’ll see tomorrow after team practice. Thursday is a critical day for news. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ginocan said:

So weird that the team have not come out officially about the injury diagnosis. We heard from Adams right after the game and since then it is just sources and reporters quoting other reporters. 

I think we should have more clarity as the week is closing in as teams need to officially report injuries to the league. 

Personally I think it is best if he is questionable or game time decision to take the week off. 

He’s already ruled out this week bro.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Is he? Like officially? 

No, that poster is misinformed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Teams do not have to release full injury information, time tables, and the like.  They often do.  It appears that the Packers will not be telling us any more about Adams's injury.

So we'll have to guess based on questionable/doubtful/out designations and practice reports.  

My understanding is that Adams did not practice Wednesday October 2nd.

I have a feeling he is going to play.. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this I'd rather him sit out this week. I don't want him making it worse I want my top end WR1 ROS, feel like he's going to play though.

1 minute ago, Kars said:

Just wondering if they do play him could they use him as a deccoy

Nah-  I really don’t think he’s playing.  Adams is too valuable to risk going out there until he’s healthy. 

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Nah-  I really don’t think he’s playing.  Adams is too valuable to risk going out there until he’s healthy. 

Not trying to be argumentative I have him.. But he's played through a lot and came back 3 days from concussion as well I believe. I hope he sits out this week as well though..IMO regardless he sits out 1 game max hope he sits this week as well though. 

Edited by NyZD

There's no way I'm starting him if he's playing this week unless they show him running full speed and making cuts.

He’s in the later games Sunday, so that will make it tough if he’s a GTD  

Also, next week is MNF so hopefully the picture is clear by then. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirms Davante Adams (toe) is not dealing with a long-term injury.

Adams faces an uphill battle to play Sunday at Dallas—he's yet to practice this week—though that could be the only game he misses according to Rapoport, who notes the Packers stud is dealing with a more mild form of turf toe. With Adams' status in doubt, look for Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Geronimo Allison and Jimmy Graham to see more involvement this week.

• Like 1

I hope he sits too, even though I really need him this week.  Even if they say he's playing, can you really trust him against a good D and uncertain health?  He might be a bench anyway.  Would rather he sit and get the extra rest.

Week 6 is going to be tough for us too, since it's a Monday night game.  While it's good that he gets the extra day of rest, it is going to be a very tough call for us on starting him if the reports are all "He may play, he may not".

31 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I hope he sits too, even though I really need him this week.  Even if they say he's playing, can you really trust him against a good D and uncertain health?  He might be a bench anyway.  Would rather he sit and get the extra rest.

Week 6 is going to be tough for us too, since it's a Monday night game.  While it's good that he gets the extra day of rest, it is going to be a very tough call for us on starting him if the reports are all "He may play, he may not".

I doubt he will suit up this week if he doesn’t feel healthy enough to be an asset to the team. Unless there is word of a snap count, he’s in my lineup if he plays  

12 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I doubt he will suit up this week if he doesn’t feel healthy enough to be an asset to the team. Unless there is word of a snap count, he’s in my lineup if he plays  

Well, the thing in week 6 is that we may not know if he is playing or if he's on a snap count for Monday Night Football, leaving us with the decision whether to start someone worse that we know for sure is playing.  Not looking forward to next week. 

In that sense, it might be good if he plays this weekend, so we can start him with confidence week 6.

If he plays, you start him. Sure, there is a risk he leaves the game early, but he's likely your 1st round pick. You don't bench him

7 minutes ago, atdharris said:

If he plays, you start him. Sure, there is a risk he leaves the game early, but he's likely your 1st round pick. You don't bench him

The fact that we all saw the injury happen live and that he didn't even come back in the game when the game was on the line is way different than Godwin not practicing all week and blowing up last Sunday. It's never this black and white- depends on your risk appetite and what you need to win your matchup. Truthfully im not playing him and hope the packers rest him as he is integral to their playoff success- more important than kupp is to the Rams 

On 10/3/2019 at 12:28 AM, ginocan said:

Just relax, take a deep breath. It will become available when the time is right, for now just enjoy the progress he is making. But in the meantime, relax.

• Like 1