Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

48 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Yep, some 20 pages ago I said give me 2-4 weeks and I’ll take it in a heartbeat.

Seems like he’s still quite a ways away. 

Im really thinking bye week at this point.  Hope I’m wrong. Like u said he isn’t even running off to the side. 

My money is on a post bye return-  especially if they keep winning.  In redraft I’d trade Adams for any first/second tier wr— unless I’m deep enough not to need him and sitting at 4-2 or better 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

My money is on a post bye return-  especially if they keep winning.  In redraft I’d trade Adams for any first/second tier wr— unless I’m deep enough not to need him and sitting at 4-2 or better 

Not sure anyone is buying at this point. I’m not in those types of leagues where some dunce sees a name, does zero research and accepts a trade for a guy that hasn’t jogged in 3 weeks. Yes I’d take a Lockett or similar player in a New York minute. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Not sure anyone is buying at this point. I’m not in those types of leagues where some dunce sees a name, does zero research and accepts a trade for a guy that hasn’t jogged in 3 weeks. Yes I’d take a Lockett or similar player in a New York minute. 

well, ya might get lucky and find one of the nutzippers up in here who opined "IT'S JUST PAIN MANAGEMENT!!1!111!" or "HE'LL JUST TAKE AN INJECTION INTO THE TOE AND HE'LL BE GOOD ZOMG!!!1!!1!111!" ...

remember those chaps? they'll take him right now, because, ya know, they knew he would be "OK" in no time. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

I am in agreement with you in regards to post bye that being said Packers will lose this week so hopefully we get a little more sense of urgency.. It's unfortunate Mahomes got injured because having to go to KC could go from 5-1 to 5-3 relatively quickly and or more of a chance to get him back for that game in KC.

Edited by CroNY

Those talking about Adams's trade value would do well to recall that people were complaining about his performance even before the injury, although the game in which he got hurt, against the hapless Eagles' D, was a boom game. 

9 hours ago, CroNY said:

I am in agreement with you in regards to post bye that being said Packers will lose this week so hopefully we get a little more sense of urgency.. It's unfortunate Mahomes got injured because having to go to KC could go from 5-1 to 5-3 relatively quickly and or more of a chance to get him back for that game in KC.

Packers will lose? Pretty bold when they're favored by 5

Did anyone else hear during their game today that he was quoted as saying he will practice this week? I'm not sure I heard correctly, and I haven't seen any news about it, but I'm pretty sure I heard a sideline reporter say something along those lines

6 hours ago, theantishere said:

Did anyone else hear during their game today that he was quoted as saying he will practice this week? I'm not sure I heard correctly, and I haven't seen any news about it, but I'm pretty sure I heard a sideline reporter say something along those lines

I hope so...really need Tae back right about now...

6 hours ago, theantishere said:

I think it was more of a hope to practice than a will.  They also mentioned the ligament was torn and worse than originally thought.  

Still keeping my fingers crossed we see him this week.  I have a hellish bye week coming up and could really use him back soon

5 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I forgot I had Adams on my team 😓

I almost have. It seems like he's only been relevant for one week and that happened to be the week he got hurt. It would be nice to have my 1st round pick back soon. 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:41 AM, CroNY said:

I'm dumb 😂, that being said I would love to at the very freakin least see him get some practices in this week regardless of whether he plays this week

23 minutes ago, CroNY said:

I'm dumb 😂, that being said I would love to at the very freakin least see him get some practices in this week regardless of whether he plays this week

I think there is a good chance at that. He said last week he felt 100% better. I would not be surprised if he's practicing this week and plays on Sunday. Of course, the Packers keep winning, so it's possible they are cautious and hold him about another week. 

My completely unsupported, non-medical, and ultimately worthless opinion is that he gets in limited practices this week, sits out, and plays week 9.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

My completely unsupported, non-medical, and ultimately worthless opinion is that he gets in limited practices this week, sits out, and plays week 9.

If he practices at all, I think he plays. Is there any recent examples of a star player getting limited practices in for a week and not playing? I remember the Gronk holdout a few years ago when he was having issues healing from the broken forearm, but I forget if he ever practiced. 

8 minutes ago, atdharris said:

If he practices at all, I think he plays. Is there any recent examples of a star player getting limited practices in for a week and not playing? I remember the Gronk holdout a few years ago when he was having issues healing from the broken forearm, but I forget if he ever practiced. 

One has to go alllllllllllll the way back to this past week and David Johnson ;) 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

One has to go alllllllllllll the way back to this past week and David Johnson ;) 

DJ was active though... I meant where someone practiced but was inactive on gameday 

7 minutes ago, atdharris said:

DJ was active though... I meant where someone practiced but was inactive on gameday 

Well in that case, I guess one has to look alllllllllllll the way back to this past last week and David Johnson AJ Green 😂

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Well in that case, I guess one has to look alllllllllllll the way back to this past last week and David Johnson AJ Green 😂

Or Saquon Barkley two weeks in a row.

13 minutes ago, atdharris said:

I think adtharris is regretting this post.  This is why rotoworld needs to let you delete your own posts.  I have plenty I'd like to get rid of.

A more "shocking" example would be Chris Carson Week 4, 2018. He had just come off his first real breakout game with 32 carries, and showed up limited on the practice report on Wednesday, had a limited Thursday/Friday and was shockingly inactive on Sunday. Portions of his blurbs that week:

Thursday: "There's no concern over Carson's Week 4 status as it appears the Seahawks are just managing his practice reps."

Friday: "Despite the questionable tag, coach Pete Carroll said Carson plans to play. Carson is in a blowup spot in what projects as a run-heavy gamescript."

Saturday: "Chris Carson (questionable, hip) is expected to be "fine" for Sunday's game with the Cardinals."

Sunday: "Seahawks declared RB Chris Carson inactive for Sunday's Week 4 game versus the Cardinals."

Edited by vercrazy