Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

Week 9 it is.. Trade value🤔?

39 minutes ago, mjb said:

Week 9 it is.. Trade value🤔?

Somewhere between CMC/Dalvin Cook and Eddie Lacy/Christine Michael.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Sigh I wish they just declared him OUT and not this stupid doubtful tag, they just being billichik like to mess with kc strategy. I see no chance in hell Adams plays this week....

I wouldn't trade much for a turf-toed WR. If I was 8-0 sure why not.

There's no telling when this guy comes back and Rodgers showed last week there is a life that exists without Adams. 

Adams needs Rodgers more than other way around imo. I would not be a receptive trade partner barring significant throw-ins.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

I wouldn't trade much for a turf-toed WR. If I was 8-0 sure why not.

There's no telling when this guy comes back and Rodgers showed last week there is a life that exists without Adams. 

Adams needs Rodgers more than other way around imo. I would not be a receptive trade partner barring significant throw-ins.

If you consider the raiders and their hapless defense life without Adams...tell me how the packers did once Adams left against a real opponent? (Eagles)

adams is a stud, and this offense needs the stud in order to make it through. You can’t predict wide open 70 yard bombs to MVS each week. Packers are lucky Mahomes ain’t there because he would hand them a loss this weekend no problem, and humble the packers real quick.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Won't play this week, but "likely to return next week" per Schefty. 

Obviously would love to see full practices and all that, but Schefter is one on of the more reliable sources, no?

45 minutes ago, theantishere said:

Obviously would love to see full practices and all that, but Schefter is one on of the more reliable sources, no?

He's as reliable as it gets- the anti-rappaport

I hate the fact they designated him as doubtful.... everyone knows he is in reality OUT, but like this one cannot put him in IR slots on yahoo.... sucks. I still think he is few weeks away from returning.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

I hate the fact they designated him as doubtful.... everyone knows he is in reality OUT, but like this one cannot put him in IR slots on yahoo.... sucks. I still think he is few weeks away from returning.

He's expected to return next week according to Schefter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

DJSatane may be more connected?

yeah, keep believing those reporters on twitter, same ones that said he wont miss any time day after injury hehe

Just now, DJSatane said:

yeah, keep believing those reporters on twitter, same ones that said he wont miss any time day after injury hehe

Actually a different one 

On 10/20/2019 at 3:52 PM, DJSatane said:

hopefully that NYC feel  by fans that djones is outright superior to darnold is over lol....

I'd feel better believing anyone over Marilyn Manson here with nuggets like this above...

4 hours ago, lla887 said:

Actually a different one 

point is, one of those regular reporters with verified sign did state adams would not miss time right after, remember? Or do I really have to look it up for you.

When injury occured it did look bad, and turf toe as you know from history of other wr's even well known receivers can linger and often drag on, especially if he rushes to practice, those elements combined lead me in direction of adams missing still more weeks. To adams feet are more important than even his hands to be effective.

Edited by DJSatane

I just said it was a different reporter, which it was.  

As far as when Adams will return, I don’t know, and neither do you.  

17 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I just said it was a different reporter, which it was.  

As far as when Adams will return, I don’t know, and neither do you.  

oh i know its not this week and i am willing too throw money to say not next week, i love the doubtful tag this week only to mess with opponents.... well done statefarm

Schefter is reliable as it gets. Playing chargers next week is a tough road game- packers running game can demolish them but we will see. I see Adams coming back and dog walking Hayward in a statement 

Has not had a full practice week.  Packers have not lost a game since he left with injury.  My guess he come back after the bye vs 49ers.  The Packers can afford to be conservative with his return.  

On 10/27/2019 at 12:08 AM, theantishere said:

shifty Schefty

Edited by poofinger
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2019 at 3:04 PM, DJSatane said:

point is, one of those regular reporters with verified sign did state adams would not miss time right after, remember? Or do I really have to look it up for you.

When injury occured it did look bad, and turf toe as you know from history of other wr's even well known receivers can linger and often drag on, especially if he rushes to practice, those elements combined lead me in direction of adams missing still more weeks. To adams feet are more important than even his hands to be effective.

Incorrect.   Rapaport said that the injury was towards the minor end of the scale,  and Adams shouldn’t miss much time.   Delightfully vague, with the intention of being the “first” to report instead of the most accurate.    Typical.   

Not the same as Shefty coming out weeks later with an informed opinion that is no doubt based on conversations with the player/ medical staff.   

An easy difference to miss-  but an important one. Fully expecting to see Adams on the field by next week. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

An easy difference to miss-  but an important one. Fully expecting to see Adams on the field by next week. 

You venture at week 9 return? Hmm, I still stand by my old prediction of week 12.

21 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Incorrect.   Rapaport said that the injury was towards the minor end of the scale,  and Adams shouldn’t miss much time.   Delightfully vague, with the intention of being the “first” to report instead of the most accurate.    Typical.   

Not the same as Shefty coming out weeks later with an informed opinion that is no doubt based on conversations with the player/ medical staff.   

Not trying to defend rapp but even a minor version of this injury warrants a few weeks....i think they took more time than needed with adams to get him as close to 100% as possible...for the teams that couldnt handle the loss of adams for this long i understand the frustration...i am somehow 5 & 3 thanks to some low scoring opponents the last 2 weeks..hopefully the wait is worth it

• Like 1

I don't think my team can keep winning without our 1st round pick, so I really hope he can suit up and play this week. It sounds like he will, but there could always be a setback.