Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

Coach Matt LaFleur said Davante Adams (toe) is day to day.

Adams was reportedly running faster at Wednesday's practice than he was last week. He's certainly moving in the right direction, but he's still very much questionable for Week 9 against the Chargers. His injury report on Thursday and Friday will paint a clearer picture to whether he suits up or not. Adams' eventual return will make Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Allen Lazard, Geronimo Allison, and Jake Kumerow even dicier fantasy options.

3 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

DJSatane is more connected? 🤓

I am taking a somewhat educated guess based on the fact he is not actually doing full practice or anything close to it yet and how typically turf toe affects receivers lenght wise.... combine the fact with how bad of a turf toe this must be based on how it bad initially looked and with lack of progress for quite a bit so far. So yeah, guess what those fancy reporters on twitter are partially and sometimes largely guess too.

• Haha 3

Day to day...

Looking good in the clips. 

Come on full practice on Friday...come on...come on. 

• Like 1

isn't looking explosive/100% yet in those videos, but definitely a good improvement from those stretching pics we saw the other week lol

“Day-to-day” is coach speak for he wants his opponent to game plan for Adams, but he knows he’s not coming back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jccouger said:

Day-to-day"” is coach speak for he wants his opponent to game plan for Adams, but he knows he’s not coming back.

it's like a chick tellin' ya everything is FINE!

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

he looks like he is playing boys...all they are waiting on is the doctor approval...stop with the negativity

Adams, who has missed the last four games after suffering the injury on Sept. 26, said he’s made “a lot of progress every day.”

The two-time Pro Bowl receiver ran routes and caught passes during Wednesday’s practice. The Packers listed him as limited. He said he’s confident he can push off the toe and getting into routes at full speed.

The last hurdle is getting clearance from team doctors. At some point this week, Adams and the medical staff will get together and make a decision about his availability for Sunday in Los Angeles.

There’s growing confidence that Adams will be healthy enough and in a position to decide whether he plays or not.

“Really just the feedback I get from the docs. I feel good,” Adams said. “I feel like I’m in a spot where I can make that call for myself, but I have to collab with them and see how they’re feeling and look at it one more time and we’ll be able to make that call.”

Adams caught 25 passes for 378 yards before injuring his toe in the fourth quarter of the Packers’ loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. In his absence, the Packers have won four straight games and averaged almost 33 points per game.

Adams said there will be residual soreness in the foot but he’s not worried about any limitations once he returns.

“If I’m on the field, I’m going to be me,” Adams said.

• Thanks 2

hmmm ... so, Adams quoted as saying he feels CONFIDENT in pushing off and running ...

... funny, when i mentioned the CONFIDENCE factor some three weeks ago it was heartily derided by a certain CooL poster ... hmmm. 

again, i was speaking from experience, and said he will need to be CONFIDENT in pushing off and cutting and planting. 

gee, it was so funny a few weeks ago, but now it seems as if Adams rubber stamped/confirmed my opinion.  

CooL. 

carry on, lads!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hmmm ... so, Adams quoted as saying he feels CONFIDENT in pushing off and running ...

... funny, when i mentioned the CONFIDENCE factor some three weeks ago it was heartily derided by a certain CooL poster ... hmmm. 

again, i was speaking from experience, and said he will need to be CONFIDENT in pushing off and cutting and planting. 

gee, it was so funny a few weeks ago, but now it seems as if Adams rubber stamped/confirmed my opinion.  

CooL. 

carry on, lads!

He "feels" confident, but "is" he confident?

ndGGc5j.gif

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

He "feels" confident, but "is" he confident?

ndGGc5j.gif

tbh, i still think it's 50/50 - that toe chit is killer. 

Even if he does get back, less than 100% I'm sure, he is going to be shadowed by Heyward.  I don't know what to make of that.  Is that concerning?

1 minute ago, Islanderman said:

Even if he does get back, less than 100% I'm sure, he is going to be shadowed by Heyward.  I don't know what to make of that.  Is that concerning?

According to PFF WR/cb matchups he has an advantage due to year to date grades...you can't bench him 

if he plays you play him....hunter henry off a supposed broken leg returned on a supposed limited basis to score twice with 100 yards....always start your studs

Edited by Power-O
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

That's great for us Adams owners, but the biggest news here is the mustache.  

2 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

That's great for us Adams owners, but the biggest news here is the mustache.  

These injured guys miraculously show up the week I have to play against them. Well, you can probably go ahead and be confident he will go for 50 points this weekend.