Flyman75

Davante Adams 2019 Outlook

risky start-  but I can’t say I have anyone close to the same upside.    Starting without confidence 

33 minutes ago, sSektor said:

"Limited"

Yeeeeeeah right

Agreed.  It would make absolutely no sense to sit him out four weeks and then bring him back when they are 7-1 in a limited role because they are worried about reinjury.  

I know this is absolutely ridiculous to say, but is Adams bad for the Packers offense? I know it’s not true...but what in the world was that today?

Just now, gufomel said:

I know this is absolutely ridiculous to say, but is Adams bad for the Packers offense? I know it’s not true...but what in the world was that today?

Umm no...he’s obviously not 100%. He basically ran a bunch of quick outs and curls the entire game. Didn’t really run routes downfield too much until the end. No run game today either.

Glad to see him out there, making it through the whole game as well. Hopefully he didn't cost you your week. Can't wait until he's back up to full speed.

12 minutes ago, sgoz1121 said:

Glad to see him out there, making it through the whole game as well. Hopefully he didn't cost you your week. Can't wait until he's back up to full speed.

You right, he did ok, low yardage but a lot of targets, late game drop of a ball landing right into his hands though was sad. He did not cost me, but Rodgers.... thats another story.

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

He played well. Which is more than I can say for his QB.

This. What happened today? Rodgers guns blazing to this absolute trash performance when they have a good crowd and turnout. Chargers one of the worst coached teams in the league...Packers looked like last year Packers .

Pretty crap game for Adams...just low depth of target

Few positives here is I think his snap count was high, no setbacks, and looked spry... unfortunately idk what to make of the offense...what changed so much from the last few weeks of success? Literally bipolar team .

Glad to have this STUD back . This was just a down game for GB , I wouldn't look into it too much . 

12 hours ago, gufomel said:

Any given Sunday, my man.   The Chargers have plenty of talent-  they just shoot themselves in the foot more often than not.  Until they go on a tear that ends in a playoff loss. 🤷‍♂️   Sort of their M.O.   

packers will be fine too.   Bad day.  Adams coming out of this healthy is what matters.  

Edited by Impreza178

14 hours ago, Islanderman said:

It seems like he killed AJones. 1 target. Laughable. Get that jag Williams coach. 

this is what i had feared :( 

hopefully, just a bad day at the office for the whole crew

He looked fine. The Packers in general looked completely lost and could not do anything on offense. The fact he got 7 catches was a good sign. 

How tough is the matchup against Bradberry this week? I know Evans has really struggled against him.

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

How tough is the matchup against Bradberry this week? I know Evans has really struggled against him.

Bradberry means he'll go 4/51

📚

• Like 1

I don’t like the sound of this for this week. Going against a big-bodied CB in Bradberry, if Adams isn’t up to full speed yet I can easily see him being mostly shut down.

I think Adams should be viewed as more of a mid-WR2 this week, and for that reason I’m genuinely considering starting Singletary over him at Flex. If healthy, I start my studs no matter the matchup, but I don’t like the sound of where he’s at right now.

Hopefully we’re full go after the bye (and unfortunately we get the 49ers...)

Edited by gufomel

13 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I don’t like the sound of this for this week. Going against a big-bodied CB in Bradberry, if Adams isn’t up to full speed yet I can easily see him being mostly shut down.

I think Adams should be viewed as more of a mid-WR2 this week, and for that reason I’m genuinely considering starting Singletary over him at Flex. If healthy, I start my studs no matter the matchup, but I don’t like the sound of where he’s at right now.

Hopefully we’re full go after the bye (and unfortunately we get the 49ers...)

IMO you are overthinking a bit. I don't know how you sit a guy who has had 26 targets in his last 7 quarters of football, who is the clear cut #1 option of maybe the best QB in the league. 

• Like 1

You play him if he's active unless you have other WRs that will get 10-15 targets a game. Most of us don't have that luxury.