urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

44 minutes ago, Krambone said:

With 10 days between games I doubt they are worrying about overworking Carson. I actually think Coach loves Carson and wants to give him extra opportunities to go off. I’m not worried about Penny unless Carson let’s one slip from his paws. Heart, desire and opportunity are there for CC. 

https://www.seahawks.com/news/chris-carson-seahawks-offense-send-message-on-our-style-of-play-in-week-4-win-ov

It's also the most important game for both teams this season. Obviously it's still very early in the year but this game is likely to have a lot of impact on playoff seeding. It's also easier to run on Thursday night as everyone is a little more worn out and it's easier to create a running gameplan overall. 

I can see Carson getting 25 carries, Penny 7-10, Gurley 17-20, and Brown 10-12. Yeah, one of those "classic" Thursday games. Would bode well for RBs and not so much everyone else. The worst thing to happen is if the Rams come out on fire and punch Seattle in the mouth early. Then you really aren't looking at too much work on the ground.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man, my heart stopped when he almost dropped that easy TD pass.

He ran like a man possessed tonight.  

People who think Penny is capable of doing that are delusional.

• Like 1

This dude is unbelievable. He was straight trucking over defenders. He’s an RB1 for sure.

Edited by ponchsox

First half worries me a bit- really came alive in the second. Glad he caught the td lol. Carroll loves this guy almost 60 touches on 4 days- enjoy the break Carson 

Just now, ludawg23 said:

Man, my heart stopped when he almost dropped that easy TD pass.

He ran like a man possessed tonight.  

People who think Penny is capable of doing that are delusional.

haha same here, needed that td, wish Lockett had done little bit more for me as well

This was a MAN amongst BOYS tonight.. Carson > Gurley                              > Penny.

I don't know if I can count 5 guys that run harder than this man when healthy.

Do yourself a favor and watch the highlights from this one.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, theantishere said:

One more game like this and he's a set it and forget it RB1 ros, no? Or is he already there?

He’s there. Russ playing like an mvp right now helps 

• Like 2

Just now, theantishere said:

One more game like this and he's a set it and forget it RB1 ros, no? Or is he already there?

IMO, low end RB1 

He was good last year.  In particular the last half of the season.  Had like six 100 yard rushing games.

1 minute ago, theantishere said:

I can’t think of many RBs I’d want to own over Carson right now.

• Like 2

Now everyone can see he’s a top 10 RB in the NFL. Not fantasy RB but top 10 RB in general. He’s better than most of these dudes people gush over. Dudes an incredible back.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

People panic far too easily. Every RB in the league has been in the single digits at least once out of the 3 weeks (aside from Elliot, but he’s had 2 underwhelming games already too). Carson is a great runner on a great offense. Carroll isn’t blowing smoke when he shows support for Carson. Carson has a ferocious work ethic has that Jim Brown mentality. One of those fumbles was so fluky, and one was a poor hand off from Wilson. Carson is storming back with a vengeance. 

“pENnEy iS gOInG tO tAKe HiS JOb” 

8 minutes ago, theantishere said:

He's already there just don't set and forget on week 11 :P

Some tough running tonight. He hardly falls backwards.  I feel giddy pairing him with Melvin Gordon.  Keep up the good running Carson!

10 hours ago, Krambone said:

With 10 days between games I doubt they are worrying about overworking Carson. I actually think Coach loves Carson and wants to give him extra opportunities to go off. I’m not worried about Penny unless Carson let’s one slip from his paws. Heart, desire and opportunity are there for CC. 

https://www.seahawks.com/news/chris-carson-seahawks-offense-send-message-on-our-style-of-play-in-week-4-win-ov

I don’t mind tooting my own horn but yeah Coach loves him some CC.

• Like 1

I don't blame him on the football follie td catch, he was just surprised Wilson actually threw it his way.

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

First time really watching him and man was I impressed. Not going to lie, think I had a little movement watching him run. Runs hard, impressive cuts and makes something out of nothing. 

Why the hell did Seattle draft Penny in the first if he doesn't fit their scheme at all lol