urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

He is just following the trends of the other NFC West backs getting added to the injury report (esp if you go to the way back days of the Saints in the NFC West!)...I am not concerned, at least it is not soft tissue or something.

Some fantasy yahoo expert posted on twitter yesterday after Prosise fumbled and said something along the lines of “Carson fumbled again...he is done as a fantasy starter”.  Heart skipped a beat but proceeded to be flamed by the community for such a clown post lol.

Edited by ludawg23

34 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Some fantasy yahoo expert posted on twitter yesterday after Prosise fumbled and said something along the lines of “Carson fumbled again...he is done as a fantasy starter”.  Heart skipped a beat but proceeded to be flamed by the community for such a clown post lol.

That's funny.  Reminds me of the Pats game, when Sony Michel caught a pass and the announcer kept calling him James White, because he couldn't believe his eyes that he caught a pass.

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

People panic far too easily. Every RB in the league has been in the single digits at least once out of the 3 weeks (aside from Elliot, but he’s had 2 underwhelming games already too). Carson is a great runner on a great offense. Carroll isn’t blowing smoke when he shows support for Carson. Carson has a ferocious work ethic has that Jim Brown mentality. One of those fumbles was so fluky, and one was a poor hand off from Wilson. Carson is storming back with a vengeance. 

Welp....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Yahoo did originally incorrectly score that fumble to Carson for a few minutes before fixing it.

11 hours ago, Bryce84 said:

Saw this and it felt fitting:

Might make it a bit confusing, but deleted what I'm actually replying too because it would have made my post too long. Anyways, how did he get 129 rushing yards after contact when he only had 124 rushing yards for the game?  I could see maybe total yards since he had 159, and even if he lost yardage on some carries, that stat doesn't really add up.

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

In his defense, if he was watching the game, they did announce it as Carson before realizing it was Prosise.  Still, that obviously put him in a bad spot.

I saw that Yahoo gave it to the wrong guy and immediately contacted them via chat and told them about it.  Within a few minutes like somebody said, it was fixed.

43 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Might make it a bit confusing, but deleted what I'm actually replying too because it would have made my post too long. Anyways, how did he get 129 rushing yards after contact when he only had 124 rushing yards for the game?  I could see maybe total yards since he had 159, and even if he lost yardage on some carries, that stat doesn't really add up.

If you get hit 2 yards behind the line and get 5 rushing yards that’s 7 yards after contact but only 5 on the stat sheet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If you get hit 2 yards behind the line and get 5 rushing yards that’s 7 yards after contact but only 5 on the stat sheet.

Thank you seahawks fan for helping us keep the faith for carson during his mini slump. Can't believe penny squandered any opportunity for more snap share by getting hurt and not managing his injury. Lol- and it's clear that Russell is so dominant that carson should never get truly stacked boxes

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Thanks.  That's something you would think I would have already know, but oh well. 😀

Anyone concerned about his volume? He has obviously been great over the last 3 weeks, but he also has 82 touches in those games compared to 55 in the first 3. Seems like that’s unsustainable, should still be a fringe RB1/RB2 but I’m thinking Penny will get some of those touches when he comes back, not because Carson is bad but just out of necessity—82 in 3 games would put him on pace for like 430 over a season, more than anyone has had in a season since Demarco Murray in 2014.

2 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

Anyone concerned about his volume? He has obviously been great over the last 3 weeks, but he also has 82 touches in those games compared to 55 in the first 3. Seems like that’s unsustainable, should still be a fringe RB1/RB2 but I’m thinking Penny will get some of those touches when he comes back, not because Carson is bad but just out of necessity—82 in 3 games would put him on pace for like 430 over a season, more than anyone has had in a season since Demarco Murray in 2014.

Sure Penny will get some touches to spell Carson , but he's not taking Carson's job by a long stretch. Or Wilson will just throw a few more passes. Not concerned. 

3 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

Uh no. Ever since he put his fumbling issues behind him after NO he's been a top 5 RB in standard and 7th in PPR. He's not a fringe RB. He is a solidified RB1. You can maybe squeeze out 5 RBs that are better ROS but i'd like to see you name 10-12.