urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

9 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Time to sell high?  His next 5 weeks look miserable:

Yeah, just make sure you're in a league with people who don't have access to the NFL schedule.

• Haha 1

After watching the Bears unpredictably get blasted two weeks in a row on the ground, I’m not putting any weight on schedules or matchups anymore. First six weeks are full of distortion and a lot of teams have been able to perform some adjustments and have a feel for how the team is playing. Opportunity was there yesterday- he just didn’t deliver. There were some really bad play calls yesterday like a loss of 6 on a screen- why do that?

the time to sell was last week but I don’t think anyone is a believer that he’s a top 10 back. He's not flashy and I think Josh Jacobs is slightly ahead of him now in terms of who I would want or Target 

10 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

You do know beasts are hunted and slain right?  

Alright then. 

Carson is a hunter. Clay Matthews is a beast.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

You do know beasts are hunted and slain right?  

Spanker did you miss out on Chris Carson as well , just like the other player I won’t mention here 😉

Just now, RunCMC said:

Spanker did you miss out on Chris Carson as well , just like the other player I won’t mention here 😉

Yes I did.  You wanna make something out of it?  😤

lol...actually I took Fournette over him in the 3rd round so all good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Selling top players is how you lose in FF. People worry about matchups way too much.

guess it depends what you sell for though

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

The league I’m in, I can actually offer a bid for him.  I don’t think he’s a good buy due to his upcoming schedule though

Is there reason to worry about Penny getting carries at the end of the game or was that just a simple case of garbage time carries (or showcasing Penny for potential trade suitors)?

1 hour ago, Ceco2 said:

Is there reason to worry about Penny getting carries at the end of the game or was that just a simple case of garbage time carries (or showcasing Penny for potential trade suitors)?

It was a case of Seattle being idiots and going super conservative in the second half acting like the game is over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceco2 said:

I would bet on the latter. 

The Carson td was telling. Penny actually did some decent work to get them close to the goal line. But Carroll let Carson cash in. 

Edited by potatoetree
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceco2 said:

This would be my guess

• Like 1

It definitely felt like showcasing to me or at the very least giving Carson some much needed breathers.

I doubt they were showcasing him. They've gotten offers for him but I don't see them trading him unless it's a good offer. They're a run heavy team and having a good backup is valuable even to just spill Carson.

As I mention above, it was just a pathetic second half gameplan. It looked like they just expected them to role over and this was obvious by the second half score. Plus, Penny was running well so why not give him some work? Carson still got his work so there's little to worry about regardless. 

• Like 1

So now would be a good time to pick up penny right? Tough match ups and as insurances we should looks to grab him now rather than later? Going to hurt cus of byes but rather be safe. 

I really hope that Carson Can over come these tough match ups. If he can score a steady amount of points like 13-15 PPR point I’ll be happy 

I think selling Carson right now might be a smart move. The schedule combined with losing Center Justin Britt spells bad news ahead for the Seattle run game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Theschill38 said:

I think selling Carson right now might be a smart move. The schedule combined with losing Center Justin Britt spells bad news ahead for the Seattle run game. 

I think the real issue is the offense getting so damn conservative lately, CC needs to be involved consistently in the passing scheme (as he had been prior to last few weeks). Hopefully last weeks absurd 2nd H playcalling is an aberration, but this staff makes it worrisome. Also Britt had been getting run over pretty good, so I don't think his backup will be anymore of a liability?

• Like 1

As others have said your league mates can see the same schedule though. Not sure you can get equitable value unless youre selling for a WR

Need @Gohawks insight here 

And penny healthy to take a few carries away as well

You might be right with selling carson due to the other injuries on the o line but its hard as hes one of the top rb's and i dont feel like youll get the right value back in return but you might be right. Im a carson owner

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFantasyFootballGods said:

You might be right with selling carson due to the other injuries on the o line but its hard as hes one of the top rb's and i dont feel like youll get the right value back in return but you might be right. Im a carson owner

I agree with this. Everyone else can see his upcoming schedule to so unless you have alot of RB depth and can deal for a top WR I don't think youll get value

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Need @Gohawks insight here 

The selling argument is a tough one to judge because every player has a certain value. In terms of Carson, he is still an RB1 going forward and that will remain his value. There are two points to address here.

The first one is the Britt injury. This is a fairly large concern and I was really hoping they would attempt to address it at the deadline. That being said, losing a starting center will not kill you as much as losing a starting tackle for instance. Seattle should still be fairly fine in terms of blocking going forward.

The schedule is only concerning over the next two weeks. Bucs and 49ers are both extremely tough matchups. However, against the 49ers I see it being a very run heavy game regardless. Both teams love to run the ball as much as possible and that is what I expect from both teams. After that, I don't understand the concern. Eagles aren't all that scary, Vikings will have a similar script to 49ers except their defense isn't nearly as good, we already saw him run all over the Rams, Panthers are not a concern, and neither are Cardinals. 2 out of 3 of his playoff matchups are teams he already has dropped over 100 rushing yards on. He is going to get high volume against all of these teams and he has been involved in the passing game making him have quite a safe floor. Also, playing the 49ers in week 17 likely makes the SOS even look tougher but most people don't play fantasy in week 17. 

Is his value currently the highest it will be all year? You can make a convincing argument. However, it's not that much higher than where it will likely settle once the season is over. People also tend to overvalue their players while undervaluing others and I highly doubt the discrepancy in current vs future value for Carson will cover that gap. 

• Like 3