urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

15 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

What can we reasonably expect from Carson this week? 80 yards and maybe a TD?

I'm thinking 50yds rushing 2 for 15 receiving is safe bet. I'm probly benching him for boom/bust wr in my flex instead

I just can't bench someone that gets 20-25 touches a game. My expectation are hampered a bit though. His yardage might be low this game but there's always a good chance he hits the endzone a time or two.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

I just can't bench someone that gets 20-25 touches a game. My expectation are hampered a bit though. His yardage might be low this game but there's always a good chance he hits the endzone a time or two.

Penny is back...no need to feed Carson that much when they can keep him fresh

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Carson is still going to get 20 carries this game. Penny was back last week and only got 8 carries and Carson had 20. In the games that both are healthy Penny only average 7 carries compared to Carson's 20.

Penny has only been a spell back this year to Carson

Edited by WVFalcon
  • Like 1

Carson is one of only 6 running backs to receive at least 15 carries in every game this year. You don't bench the dude.

I like Penny but 2 games ago he only got 2 snaps. It's arguable he only got the ball last week to showcase him for a trade.

I'm invested in both Carson and Penny... I'd like to see Penny get a larger share and both will still have value, but this next game will be more telling of the snap/touch distribution more than last week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, austin316 said:

I'm invested in both Carson and Penny.

Ditch the penny stocks and stick with the blue chips bro.  Replace that Penny Stock with something that provides a decent dividend....ya know what I'm saying brah?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, austin316 said:

Carson is one of only 6 running backs to receive at least 15 carries in every game this year. You don't bench the dude.

I like Penny but 2 games ago he only got 2 snaps. It's arguable he only got the ball last week to showcase him for a trade.

I'm invested in both Carson and Penny... I'd like to see Penny get a larger share and both will still have value, but this next game will be more telling of the snap/touch distribution more than last week.

Penny would be getting a larger share if he could stake his claim at all, but he can't, and he won't, because he isn't very good. Boom bust runner with way way more bust runs, vs. Carson who creates yards and evades tackles and generally never gets tackled for loss. Seahawks way better when 2nd and 5 vs 2nd and 11. Obvious

Mad love for CC! I am concerned about the matchup against TB. Dam they can shut down the running game. Thankfully Wilson can draw some focus away from Carson and that’s going to help some but TB looks great vs the run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

I think Seattle is more concerned with winning than keeping Carson fresh. 

Carson is a god damn beast boys.  He is not a muscle hamster.  He is a muscle dog.  Bro DOES NOT like getting tackled and he balls.  Balls super hard.  Bucs should start investing in more ice baths cause Carson is going to ******** hit em hard.  F those guys in Tampa Bay...my boy Carson is coming to town. 

(oh....btw.......Penny...pft....qshhh....Penny...haaaaaa.......laughing my butt off....penny)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Carson is a god damn beast boys.  He is not a muscle hamster.  He is a muscle dog.  Bro DOES NOT like getting tackled and he balls.  Balls super hard.  Bucs should start investing in more ice baths cause Carson is going to ******** hit em hard.  F those guys in Tampa Bay...my boy Carson is coming to town. 

(oh....btw.......Penny...pft....qshhh....Penny...haaaaaa.......laughing my butt off....penny)

You really don’t like Penny eh? He’s not cutting into Carson’s workload but I think if CC goes down people would be surprised how well Penny did with a full workload. 

Just now, owenmills said:

You really don’t like Penny eh? He’s not cutting into Carson’s workload but I think if CC goes down people would be surprised how well Penny did with a full workload. 

that's why I picked up Penny just in case after an owner cut him (I'm a Carson owner) if you can get Penny cheap you should to prep if  Carson goes down

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I completely disagree. Penny has shown nothing but lots of tip-toeing and dancing out there.  He constantly puts the team into a tougher position than if they just handed the ball of to someone with the intestinal fortitude to bash their body against someone else.  Penny might have some nice highlights but he runs like a dandy.  Seattle is going to have to change part of their style if they are going to rely on him in the backfield. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I completely disagree. Penny has shown nothing but lots of tip-toeing and dancing out there.  He constantly puts the team into a tougher position than if they just handed the ball of to someone with the intestinal fortitude to bash their body against someone else.  Penny might have some nice highlights but he runs like a dandy.  Seattle is going to have to change part of their style if they are going to rely on him in the backfield. 

This is true, but Penny still has a lot of talent if he could learn.

We have to tip our hats to Seattle that they recognize and choose the better back, Carson, despite draft equity in Penny.

I'm a Carson truther, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they were both awesome and firing on all cylinders. Would probably be fun to watch.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Carson is averaging 4.1 per carry, Penny is averaging 5.1.  I still expect Carson to get hurt, as fun as he is to watch you can't last in this league with that much abuse.

Carson's YPC is misleading. He is third in the NFL in elusiveness rating. I care way more about that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Obviously you disagree. He’s literally never had a game where he started and was the workhorse and was given a chance to get into a rhythm so hopefully he gets to sooner than later because that’s when we’ll truly see what he’s made of. I wonder if you’ll still call him a dandy when he goes 25-110 like Carson

It would be pretty stupid not to handcuff your studs going into playoffs and that includes Carson/Penny as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yanksman said:

It would be pretty stupid not to handcuff your studs going into playoffs and that includes Carson/Penny as well. 

Handcuffs only good if the backup is coming into a winning situation. Carsonccreates his opportunity and avoids tackles and creates yards. The O line is still trash.

Players like mattison and armstead make sense because they will be eVery down bellcows. Even bonnafon maybe. Pollard for sure. It's shown that mattison and Pollard have shown some serious skills. Penny will go the way of ty johnson

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Handcuffs only good if the backup is coming into a winning situation. Carsonccreates his opportunity and avoids tackles and creates yards. The O line is still trash.

Players like mattison and armstead make sense because they will be eVery down bellcows. Even bonnafon maybe. Pollard for sure. It's shown that mattison and Pollard have shown some serious skills. Penny will go the way of ty johnson

Doubtful on the Ty Johnson bit with Penny. CJ Prosise won't be an every down back either. Although I agree that Penny won't pick up Carson's whole workload. Could see a 60% Penny, 40% Prosise split in the event of a Carson injury

8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Even if youre right its still pretty stupid not to handcuff your studs going into playoffs on the off chance you are wrong. The roster spaces are not as important as the bye weeks dwindle.

50 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Even if youre right its still pretty stupid not to handcuff your studs going into playoffs on the off chance you are wrong. The roster spaces are not as important as the bye weeks dwindle.

this 100%.. if one of your studs go down near the end stretch and your forced to go to WW, you'll likely not have the highest bid and will need to spot start someone on your bench. At least the cuff walks into a situation with volume.