urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

48 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

But whether he’s top 5 or top 10 is kind of irrelevant. He’s already demonstrated that you’re not benching him because he can put up over 100 yards in even the toughest matchups and he’s completely marginalized Penny and therefore will always have TD upside.

People who traded Carson for Bell were fools. During the stretch run you want guys in good offenses playing meaningful games for playoff seeding, not guys in dysfunctional offenses that have long since packed it in trying to lose for better draft position.

You won't get any argument from me on any of that. Glad to have the man as my RB2

3 hours ago, owenmills said:

I agree no threat but I would cuff him with Penny after the bye if anyone's RB depth is questionable. I thought I saw him limping a little at one point. Bye comes at a perfect time for Carson before the stretch run but he seems to take a beating

Agreed , bye week came at such an opportune time , Let him rest up for the final push . Carson has been outstanding thus far , nothing flashy but always gets the job done. 

31 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

My fellow Carson owners, are we comfortable dropping Penny or still handcuffing? I might have to drop for a TE. 

If you need a TE, I’d drop...it’s not a J.Williams or L.Murray situation where they step in and equal the fantasy output...this is more a Penny steps in and they game plan around his suck. If Penny is the man, expect a lot more passing...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

My fellow Carson owners, are we comfortable dropping Penny or still handcuffing? I might have to drop for a TE. 

I’m holding but not enthusiastic about it.

• Like 1

Penny could be like 2018-Malcolm Brown. You hold him all year in case the starter gets injured, and then when he does they sign CJA off the street and he gets all the carries.

I wouldn’t rule out a free agent signing if Carson goes down. It could even be CJA!

7 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Penny couldn't even handle the limited work he's gotten without injury. He's probably a two quarter stud if Carson goes down.

• Like 2

This is like his 3rd game this year where he's had the bottom fall out of his floor- coincidentally now with Penny having the game of his life. IDK if I can trust this guy anymore...cant see Penny being a stud but this "fumble" problem isn't going away 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This is like his 3rd game this year where he's had the bottom fall out of his floor- coincidentally now with Penny having the game of his life. IDK if I can trust this guy anymore...cant see Penny being a stud but this "fumble" problem isn't going away 

Penny was out touching him today even before Penny broke the TD and Carson fumbled. Definitely worrisome considering Carson had been so solid with at least 15 carries every game

Fumble prone and always hunting for contact? These type of RBs just do not last in the NFL. 

Id be interested in hearing any examples anybody has of RBs that fit the above mold that had extended successful careers or peaks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LostAtSea said:

Fumble prone and always hunting for contact? These type of RBs just do not last in the NFL. 

Id be interested in hearing any examples anybody has of RBs that fit the above mold that had extended successful careers or peaks.

Tiki Barber

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Tiki Barber

That’s a good one. Really like that comparison

Edited by LostAtSea
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LostAtSea said:

To your point though, he better fix the issue if he wants to have a long career. I like the way he runs, but even Pete Carroll won’t put up with fumbling issues for much longer. He’s lucky he has probably the most forgiving coach in the league.

On the plus side, he was kind of injury prone the last couple seasons, and (knock on wood) he seems to be a bit more durable than originally thought.

58 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Might actually have to bench him for the playoffs, ugh.

Don't talk crazy

No but seriously .. you can't make that decision yet,  just off this game. Kid deserves a mulligan 

2 hours ago, LostAtSea said:

These type of RBs just do not last in the NFL. 

good thing we only need to worry about 4 more games

2 hours ago, BornandbredHeel said:

Not a fun predicament with playoffs in two weeks...

Definitely not. He might well lose his job with the fantasy play offs around the corner. Sucks for owners including myself. Even it becoming a full blown RBBC is bad because Carson’s value is his volume. 

• Like 1

It’s over, fumbles finally did him in💀..

Penny was hot and they rode him to the win. I'm not worried.. he still was involved in passing game and he's a better blocker than Penny is. Fumbles don't help but there's no way you bench this guy with an offense like Seattle has. 

1 hour ago, GoVols98 said:

Penny was hot and they rode him to the win. I'm not worried.. he still was involved in passing game and he's a better blocker than Penny is. Fumbles don't help but there's no way you bench this guy with an offense like Seattle has. 

you do once penny takes over.

6 minutes ago, oban14 said:

you do once penny takes over.

I own Penny and my RB2 is Jaylen Samuels, so I want more than anything for Penny to be a thing. That said, Carson is the man in Seattle and even when they fumbled they went right back to him. He has been the workhorse all year and today they gave penny a little more run. TLDR: Carson will be fine and start him. 

4 hours ago, LostAtSea said:

Ok half the comparison was correct. Tiki had a big fumbling problem until he learned how to hold the ball correctly. Always hunting for contact? He was NOTHING like Carson in that regard.

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1