urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

I loved that his fumbles were pure mental mishaps and not butterfingers. Bodes well for CC shares.

Penny is an undeniable HR threat defenses have to account for. Also, he may keep CC fresh. CC has been injured every year, so this is not a bad thing.

Come on, Carson... lead us to promised land the rest of the way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Butters said:

Lots of typical FF overreaction to me. Which means Carson will be the lead back Monday. Not saying Penny shouldn’t be owned. I do. But it’ll take a Carson injury for Penny to be startable IMO. 

This i already got my bye locked up so I’m just going to trust him and roll Carson out. If i lose i lose but i mAde sure to acquire penny in case anything happens. Playoff schedule is really good so hopefully Carson can bounce back in a big way. Vikings defense is definitely beatable. He had a good day against the niners so this might not be the end of him yet. 

• Thanks 1

Speaking Friday, Seahawks OC Brian Schottenheimer said the team plans to stick with its normal running back rotation for Week 13.

"Chris is our guy," Schottenheimer said of Chris Carson despite his Week 12 fumbling woes. "We know that." Schotty went on to add that the team wanted to get Rashaad Penny his touches, but that they wouldn't "force it." Penny out-touched Carson 14-12 in Week 12 while dramatically out-gaining him. The Seahawks have made a habit of re-committing to Carson following his turnovers, but that cannot be taken for granted in Week 13. Carson is a high-risk, high-reward RB2, with Penny offering big-time FLEX upside.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So...60-80 yfs 0 TDS?

Depends if he fumbles at the beginning or end of the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So...60-80 yfs 0 TDS?

I think you can give our boy 1 tuddie . As long as he's the GL back , decent chance for it . Maybe project him for low yardage and receptions in this tough matchup . Be he has just a good as chance as any to score this game. Alot of Carson's value and ceiling , Penny's too for that matter comes directly from this high scoring, run centric offense. And the red-zone touches . Im basically hoping for a touchdown(s) , because I don't think his line will be pretty without it .  

Who’s ready to have some fun?

It’s like Christmas as a kid.

You we’re excited for the anticipation, only to be let down with some fugly clothes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Who’s ready to have some fun?

It’s like Christmas as a kid.

You we’re excited for the anticipation, only to be let down with some fugly clothes.

Or a PlayStation when u expected a Nintendo 64

So essentially tonight was extreme best case for the team in the sense that there was roughly 210 yfs and 3 TDS, or 42 or so half PPR points. Soooo a normal type or day would be 25-30? And penny got a GL TD too? Man this looks like it could be a headache...can't see this team turning into the 49ers rushing O overnight but it's possible this late in the year. I own both and am wondering what to do vs Rams next week since penny showing some juice as a receiver 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Yep no clue what to do here. I own both as well.

Yup would be better if one ran away with it. Not sure about this week against the Rams but think both are startable vs Carolina. I would still lean Carson against the Rams as he seems to be the GL. Penny's GL plunge was after Carson took himself out after his 25 yard gain.

23 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Carson won't leave my lineup -- but what do we do with Penny?  Flex him too?

Thats what I’m considering 🤔

18 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

I think it’s a Chubb/Hunt situation (or an Ingram/Kamara 2017 situation) where you have to start both, because someone’s going to blow up every week.

I don’t see a scenario where either player relegates the other to the bench, but we will see floor games from one or the other in the near future — they aren’t both going to score TDs every week, and there’s no clear goal-line back here.

For Carson-only owners, you can’t bench a guy who touches the ball 24 times while in a timeshare.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Depends on your options for this week. Big fan of starting both in Week 15 though

3 hours ago, HeHateMe23 said:

same situation for me. With montgomery, drake and jamaal as my other backs i am really considering starting both penny and carson this week (playoffs)

Rams run D aside from the Baltimore game and McCaffrey has been pretty good.  They shut down Kamara (45 yards) and the 9ers backfield - they ran it 41 times for 99 yards..

I'm interested to see the over/under for the game though.. I don't think we get the shootout like vs the Vikes. 

Edited by HeHateMe23

[...] Carson seems to still be the lead dog, but Penny has definitely closed the gap. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

LA pushing for a playoff spot @ home might be a tough play this week for both RB's. I smell an upset. If Dalvin sits i'm starting Mattison over Carson round 1.

Penny is annoying.

Edited by jwilsonxo