urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

14 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Do we feel confident rolling out Carson still?

I mean unless you have another RB1/2 stashed in your left back pocket , I'm starting . I doubt anyone has a better option than him anyways . I guess I'm neutral so far about this whole Penny splitting touches fiasco . I still think Carson is the lead dog, and will get his . Just hoping for the best, we'll see what happens Sunday . 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Do we feel confident rolling out Carson still?

Not sure how I feel, I might need him but would I'm not confident. Despite splitting time with Penny, he had a good amount of touches, I think the biggest thing besides his 1 td, seems like Penny is getting the goal line plays

18 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Not sure how I feel, I might need him but would I'm not confident. Despite splitting time with Penny, he had a good amount of touches, I think the biggest thing besides his 1 td, seems like Penny is getting the goal line plays

Carson subbed himself out so Penny could get that GL TD. Obviously not ideal for fantasy purposes but doubt he'll do that everytime

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Carson subbed himself out so Penny could get that GL TD. Obviously not ideal for fantasy purposes but doubt he'll do that everytime

seemed like both Carson and Penny were subbing themselves out of the game, was a bit weird.

3 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

seemed like both Carson and Penny were subbing themselves out of the game, was a bit weird.

Carson wanted Penny to get the TD and Penny wanted to return the favor but not on the td runs lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I mean Carson got over 20 touches and Penny had near 18 I think...probably trying to stay fresh. Seattle loves to pound it so they'll both get a good amount of work. Just sucks the timeshare puts a cap on their ceilings a bit

42 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I mean Carson got over 20 touches and Penny had near 18 I think...probably trying to stay fresh. Seattle loves to pound it so they'll both get a good amount of work. Just sucks the timeshare puts a cap on their ceilings a bit

Most definitely really hoping carson gets control on the backfield this week. I’ll feel more confident starting him VS Carolina. Although starting both week 15 wouldn’t be a bad idea 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Most definitely really hoping carson gets control on the backfield this week. I’ll feel more confident starting him VS Carolina. Although starting both week 15 wouldn’t be a bad idea 

This week is rough but I feel both are startable vs Carolina.

7 hours ago, jmog said:

If you have Carson and Penny, and can only start one in PPR, who do you start?

Well i mean carsons definitely the main man, the only question is if he fumbles or not. If you think carsons gonna fumble then go penny. But both can be good, but i dont think the hawks are gonna rush for 50 times on Sunday, so me personally id go Carson, even tho i own penny and will start him due to Howard's stinger 

So what I'm getting from Monday's game is that when Penny has a huge play into the red zone then HE will motion for Carson to get on the field and plug it in for a TD. Gotta return the favor, amirite?

3 hours ago, dropshadows said:

So what I'm getting from Monday's game is that when Penny has a huge play into the red zone then HE will motion for Carson to get on the field and plug it in for a TD. Gotta return the favor, amirite?

Negative!  Penny takes the long ones all the way to the house.

OH PLEASE GOD LET ME BE RIGHT JUST THIS ONE WEEK

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The Hamburglar is down for the count. It looks like it will be Carson Show moving forward.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-rashaad-penny-suffers-significant-acl-injury-during-ugly-loss-to-rams/

This is exactly the s**t I was talking about the other day.  I'm likely facing the Carson owner this week and was licking my chops at the thought of Penny diluting his fantasy points. 

Meanwhile, he's looking at me with Winston/Godwin and feeling pretty good.  

There...that's my rant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abachar said:

Might score 100 points vs. Carolina rush defense

He could easily be a top-3 play next week next to CMC and Cook (obvious reasons)

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He could easily be a top-3 play next week next to CMC and Cook (obvious reasons)

Really could use a blow up game. He hasn’t topped 20 points since week 6. And the last match up where it was in green was vs cinci. Feeling a bit more confident starting him this week now than i did before Sunday’s game. 

• Like 1

I have Cook and Carson and things were looking pretty bleak last week. Now things are looking up.

Never wish an injury on a player but that was pretty good timing with Penny to stop eating into Carson's carries.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

I have Cook and Carson and things were looking pretty bleak last week. Now things are looking up.

Never wish an injury on a player but that was pretty good timing with Penny to stop eating into Carson's carries.

I have the same players as well. I hope Penny has a healthy recovery

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Not much gonna change with Carson.

Prosise will slide right into Penny's role.

I don’t think that’ll happen, weeks 12 & 13 were nearly a complete 50/50 split between Carson and Penny, but prior to those two weeks Carson had been getting roughly 80%+ of the snaps since about week 5 (when Penny got injured). I can see him getting a similar workload as that time frame with Prosise as a change of pace guy.

With Seattle losing and now second to the 49ers in their division (and coming off a bit of an embarrassing loss on primetime TV) I think they’re going to really make a push these next few weeks to try and lock down that first round bye. They know as well as anybody how competitive the NFC is this year, I’m sure they’d prefer to not have to go the Wildcard route.

Russ and Carson should both be pretty solid plays next week, and hopefully for the finals as well.

• Like 2