urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

Just now, HTXMade said:

Wow no post about his awesome performance? Lol

Easiest top-5 call for the week in history - bellcow RB on a good running team and offense against by far the worst rushing D 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

LET'S GO!!!

Cardinals gave up a lot on the ground to Nick Chubb yesterday. Keep it on the ground, baby.

yep- should be another top-8 shoo-in performance...whoever kept the faith with this guy will have handsome rewards I am hoping. Might not be as optimistic next year but we shall see.

I remember people half way through the season were recommending selling high on him and buying low on Bell due to the upcoming schedules of both of them. People obsess about schedules way too much and ignore actual performance for some reason.

• Like 3

Just now, yanksman said:

I remember people half way through the season were recommending selling high on him and buying low on Bell due to the upcoming schedules of both of them. People obsess about schedules way too much and ignore actual performance for some reason.

Carson was undervalued all season. He was always seen as more of an RB2 than an RB1, even though he was one of the most consistent producers all season and has now exploded during semifinal week.

Clear example of when you want to hold a player rather than try to sell after one big game.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2019 at 8:35 AM, yanksman said:

Schedule can be some concern but I mentioned back then that the concern in this case was way overblown. 

The only concerning matchup even on paper was Tampa. SF vs SEA was guaranteed high run volume and SF is not good against the run, MIN was guaranteed high run volume, there was already a sample this year of Carson getting 100+ yards against LA and ARI, and Panthers suck.

No idea why there was panic about his schedule in the first place. It’s not even that schedule doesn’t matter (although the concern is overblown) it’s that Carson’s was never brutal in the first place.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:33 AM, PlayTheWaivers said:

yep- should be another top-8 shoo-in performance...whoever kept the faith with this guy will have handsome rewards I am hoping. Might not be as optimistic next year but we shall see.

Obv enjoying his productivity this season and realize this thread is specific to 2019, but it will be interesting to gauge his value next year/beyond...

The spots I have him are dynasty or keepers, feels like he might end up overvalued next year, but there are so many things working in his favor too.

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Obv enjoying his productivity this season and realize this thread is specific to 2019, but it will be interesting to gauge his value next year/beyond...

The spots I have him are dynasty or keepers, feels like he might end up overvalued next year, but there are so many things working in his favor too.

He should be a mid second round pick.

Penny was starting to come to life and that first round talent started to shine through but he is more of a complement to Carson than a replacement. He will never take his role because as mentioned a million times Carson is a perfect fit for how Seattle runs the ball and Penny is not the type of back to grind out yards and punish the defense. Rather he pulls off huge chunk plays and between the tackles is eh. It's a thunder and lightning sort of thing.

Think of like Ingram and Kamara except at the same time it is nothing like Ingram and Kamara. The point is two RBs can both be good as long as they offense is good and they complement each other rather than trip over each other. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He should be a mid second round pick.

Penny was starting to come to life and that first round talent started to shine through but he is more of a complement to Carson than a replacement. He will never take his role because as mentioned a million times Carson is a perfect fit for how Seattle runs the ball and Penny is not the type of back to grind out yards and punish the defense. Rather he pulls off huge chunk plays and between the tackles is eh. It's a thunder and lightning sort of thing.

Think of like Ingram and Kamara except at the same time it is nothing like Ingram and Kamara. The point is two RBs can both be good as long as they offense is good and they complement each other rather than trip over each other. 

With Penny back, shouldn't that threaten Carson's RB1 Ceiling? i.e. we should all feel very fortunate he went for 25 or so half ppr points last week. I'm glad for it.

I can totally see him being a "safe" top-15 RB next year (high floor, mid ceiling) with the touches being distributed and the Seahawks continuing to build on the offensive side of the ball. An improved defense would go a long way as well as to stabilizing the rush attempts. Definitely a good situation to be in next year. 

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

With Penny back, shouldn't that threaten Carson's RB1 Ceiling? i.e. we should all feel very fortunate he went for 25 or so half ppr points last week. I'm glad for it.

I can totally see him being a "safe" top-15 RB next year (high floor, mid ceiling) with the touches being distributed and the Seahawks continuing to build on the offensive side of the ball. An improved defense would go a long way as well as to stabilizing the rush attempts. Definitely a good situation to be in next year. 

Penny back is what makes him a second rounder. He would go first round next year if Penny is out of the picture for any reason.

Well, Penny sounds like he had additional damage, besides just the ACL--which he'd have to no setbacks to even make it back for next season.

Not everyone recovers from this too, plus Penny has showed extra weight more than once in his career.

This all only increases the value of Carson next year imo.

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

In the MIN game Carson had over 100 yards with a TD.

Does the ceiling suffer? Somewhat. He is still the GL back and only reason Penny gets those touches is because Carson takes himself out. Penny is a COMPLEMENT to Carson. That's very important because Seattle tries to establish a bruising run game and that guy is Carson. When you look at the touch distribution this year, Penny has not been much of a threat to Carson. He's been more of a threat to Wilsons pass attempts than anything.

• Like 1

Carson goes down with a hip injury in what should have been a tasty matchup. He gets the 49ers next so perhaps better off looking elsewhere if you are like me and have to play fantasy on the final week.

Carson goes down with a hip injury in what should have been a tasty matchup. He gets the 49ers next so perhaps better off looking elsewhere if you are like me and have to play fantasy on the final week.

I just dropped Anthony Miller for Damien Williams in case Carson can't go next week.

15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

That hurt

He's already been ruled put for next week not that it matters for most of us. 

It does for me sadly, but I wisely added Damien just before kickoff as insurance. I also have Boone if he is still the starter next week.

Gotta sign someone with Carson and Prosise done.... Alex Collins was drafted by the Seahawks. He's healthy and has been working out for teams. CJ Anderson is still out there too. 

Fractured hip...yikes.

At least it’s just bone and will heal easily, should be ok for keeper leagues.