urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Oh, my thoughts are very cheap. I don't trust coaches, much less Pete Carroll.

I realise there are indeed many procedures these days that could have you up and (mostly) running in a matter of weeks, but if Carroll says "a little work on his knee" I wouldn't be surprised if Carson has a wooden leg by now.

giphy.gif

I should have put Penny in quotation marks and my pun would not have failed miserably. .🤣

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I'm sure... that's... fine?
OXR9.gif

sounds elective, maybe even cosmetic? --- "a little work" could be like a tattoo, right? --- knee-tats are all the rage in seattle

ScreenShot2017-09-13at112142_Kwxgquu1tW.

• Haha 1

This is Rawls all over again. I don't really want any of this backfield but if I had to choose I would choose Penny.

Good stuff reading up on this thread. 

Couple things I'll throw out there... 

1. Agree with Dashoe about people coming in with data after a season is over, taking averages, and extrapolating over a whole season. Excel spreadsheet warriors. Annoying. This dude was a failure to start for 9-10 weeks in 2018. Start him get 4 points. Bench him miss out on 15. He was aggravating AF. I think I dropped him week 8 or 9 when he got me like 4 or 5 points started him and I lost the week by like 2 points. Im not gonna fact check details of exactly when it happened if and when someone with lot of time comes in and says I'm slightly off FYI. 

Extrapolation doesn't factor in coaching, unpredictability, and pains in A situations to be a part of. I'm gonna avoid Hawks backfield in 2019. I made a decision to avoid Pats backfield many moons ago and I've been a much happier fantasy player ever since. 

2.  I realize my leagues are deeper than most, but it honestly is just annoying listening to people's "at least I picked up Tarik Cohen stories." I get Cohen gets dropped in zombie leagues, but he shouldn't be dropped in good competitive leagues. So I agree with DMB there.

Those things should be an indictment of idiots in your league and not bragging points of fantasy savvy. 90+% of this board should've picked up Cohen if he was dropped unless they play in 8/10 man leagues with 4/5 bench slots, and if you do... Let me know in advance cause I gotta discount your opinions too as those leagues are simply a whose who of fantasy and 100% luck on who scores the most points week to week. 

3. Final point... Tarik Cohen was never available for me to drop Chris Carson for. I tried to trade this dude for 6 straight weeks before I hit the ejecto seato button on that asshat. Was turned down for 6 weeks. I couldn't even get $20-25 FAAB for him which was my final request before dropping. 

I dropped Chris Carson for a defense because mine went on a BYE. There was no RB's of value laying around for the grabbing because a competitive league worth bragging about shouldn't have that laying around. I 100% regretted it when the bidding war broke out for Chris Carson (dropped before Sunday games and he had a decent week). Dude that won bid on him rode his a** and he turned into the Chris Carson I bid on and expected and I was salty AF then and still salty today. 

F Pete. T thundersticks. F Hawks. 

It's ThunderHawk's job to lose.  Assuming Penny shows up in shape, I think he'll take some carries away.  But I think it would take TH screwing up for him to lose the primary job.

33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

It's ThunderHawk's job to lose.  Assuming Penny shows up in shape, I think he'll take some carries away.  But I think it would take TH screwing up for him to lose the primary job.

I dont think it's his job to lose, i think it's Petey Boys insistence on being too clever and tweaking that makes dominating the backfield a volatile  situation.

When a HC sits his starting rb because  he thinks he  "looked gassed". . . 🤣

17 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Good stuff reading up on this thread. 

Couple things I'll throw out there... 

1. Agree with Dashoe about people coming in with data after a season is over, taking averages, and extrapolating over a whole season. Excel spreadsheet warriors. Annoying. This dude was a failure to start for 9-10 weeks in 2018. Start him get 4 points. Bench him miss out on 15. He was aggravating AF. I think I dropped him week 8 or 9 when he got me like 4 or 5 points started him and I lost the week by like 2 points. Im not gonna fact check details of exactly when it happened if and when someone with lot of time comes in and says I'm slightly off FYI. 

Extrapolation doesn't factor in coaching, unpredictability, and pains in A situations to be a part of. I'm gonna avoid Hawks backfield in 2019. I made a decision to avoid Pats backfield many moons ago and I've been a much happier fantasy player ever since. 

2.  I realize my leagues are deeper than most, but it honestly is just annoying listening to people's "at least I picked up Tarik Cohen stories." I get Cohen gets dropped in zombie leagues, but he shouldn't be dropped in good competitive leagues. So I agree with DMB there.

Those things should be an indictment of idiots in your league and not bragging points of fantasy savvy. 90+% of this board should've picked up Cohen if he was dropped unless they play in 8/10 man leagues with 4/5 bench slots, and if you do... Let me know in advance cause I gotta discount your opinions too as those leagues are simply a whose who of fantasy and 100% luck on who scores the most points week to week. 

3. Final point... Tarik Cohen was never available for me to drop Chris Carson for. I tried to trade this dude for 6 straight weeks before I hit the ejecto seato button on that asshat. Was turned down for 6 weeks. I couldn't even get $20-25 FAAB for him which was my final request before dropping. 

I dropped Chris Carson for a defense because mine went on a BYE. There was no RB's of value laying around for the grabbing because a competitive league worth bragging about shouldn't have that laying around. I 100% regretted it when the bidding war broke out for Chris Carson (dropped before Sunday games and he had a decent week). Dude that won bid on him rode his a** and he turned into the Chris Carson I bid on and expected and I was salty AF then and still salty today. 

F Pete. T thundersticks. F Hawks. 

He could really use more receptions but I don’t see why anyone would drop him after he gets over 100 yards rushing in weeks 3/5. He was getting a ton of usage early on. Couple flop games sprinkled in but nearly every player goes through that.

i do remember drafting freeman/Coleman in 2015 and dropping freeman after week 2 for some “upside” player and getting hosed

Edited by bhawks489

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

He could really use more receptions but I don’t see why anyone would drop him after he gets over 100 yards rushing in weeks 3/5. He was getting a ton of usage early on. Couple flop games sprinkled in but nearly every player goes through that.

i do remember drafting freeman/Coleman in 2015 and dropping freeman after week 2 for some “upside” player and getting hosed

1. players are added and dropped relative to roster construction, production expectations and  available pool of replacement talent

2. quite understandable why carson would be dropped early  if you owned him with expectation of him being the primary rb, his utilization was volatile 

Pete carroll kept playing musical rb's early season looking for wins and then add in the injuries. 

Lamar miller for example has been very predictable in terms of market share of the backfield which is why u never see him dropped regardless of his mediocre production over the years. 

Edited by dashoe

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I doubt you owned Chris Carson last year.  I think all the Chris Carson truthers didn't own him last year.  I know I owned him and dropped him and the guy that got him fell in love with him (rightfully so).

In my other leagues the Carson owner missed the playoffs.

Drafting Chris Carson you also knew the Hawks drafted Penny round 1 and Sneaky Pete had been speaking highly of him all offseason, but the average person (speaking for myself and the people in the board I was conversing with) were all thinking it was a matter of time before it was Penny's backfield.

I went back and looked at my history with Chris Carson in 2018 and wanted to document it for yall non Carson owners to understand how awesome it is to extrapolate stats over a season versus owning a player.  I present to you... The Chronicles of Chris:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I present to you... The Chronicles of Chris:

That was awesome, thank you :)

I admit it's even more awesome because I am one of those idiots who picked him up from the wire ;)

• Like 1

This thread is very weird...

I had him, but couldn’t afford to hang on to him because of a short bench.

The gent who picked him up used him when he was healthy with great results...ultimately using him against me in the final game.

Carson was as predictable & dependable as rb2’s come.

10 minutes ago, psygolf said:

False. . .and you know it. . .🤣

You predicted he would be benched for an entire half because Petey thought he looked gassed? Name the last time that happened to a starting NFL rb?

Stop the pretense! 😂

Edited by dashoe
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, psygolf said:

This thread is very weird...

I had him, but couldn’t afford to hang on to him because of a short bench.

The gent who picked him up used him when he was healthy with great results...ultimately using him against me in the final game.

Nope.  You're either bad at fantasy or you've dug yourself in such a deep lie hole that you think your only way out is to keep digging and hope to come out the other side.

Your bad at fantasy if you saw a dependable RB2 and you dropped him.  I don't care about short benches.  There's no format where a "dependable" RB2 is waiver wire fodder.

I think that more than likely you just have to keep the lie going though and you won't back down off this stance for reasons that I can't get behind.

I've noticed that even when 100% wrong people will still fight to say they were justified even when they don't believe the words coming out of their head.

I'll stand up and say it right now.  If I saw a dependable and predictable RB2 I would've continued to hold.  That garbage human was the difference between me winning and losing minimum 2 weeks though.  I didn't see anything more than stress and aggravation though and I made a bad drop looking back with hindsight eyes.  

On 5/28/2019 at 12:47 AM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He was aggravating AF. I think I dropped him week 8 or 9 when he got me like 4 or 5 points started him and I lost the week by like 2 points.

I dropped Chris Carson for a defense because mine went on a BYE.

2 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Your bad at fantasy if you saw a dependable RB2 and you dropped him.  I don't care about short benches.  There's no format where a "dependable" RB2 is waiver wire fodder.

Ok...........I'm lost.   You both dropped Chris Carson, but he's bad at fantasy and you're not?    

10 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Ok...........I'm lost.   You both dropped Chris Carson, but he's bad at fantasy and you're not?    

I think his point was psy's process was flawed. .  . in other words why would you drop a predicatble and dependable rb2 to the waiver?

The process doesnt make sense.  Over the last few years nobody dropped lamar miller during the course of a season because his predictable and dependable week to week floor was about 10pts in ppr. You may have never started him but you definitely didnt drop him 

So if you were able to predict on dependable rb2 production from carson why would you drop him?

Psygolfs process doesnt add up  despite the end result

Edited by dashoe
  • Thanks 1

Reading further, i get his POV a little more, but i think its 100% crap for you to dump on someone for making the same move you did, and then saying "oh yeah for ME it was just a dumb move, nbd....but you........YOU are bad at fantasy"

36 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Reading further, i get his POV a little more, but i think its 100% crap for you to dump on someone for making the same move you did, and then saying "oh yeah for ME it was just a dumb move, nbd....but you........YOU are bad at fantasy"

Hmm... tough for me here to follow what you're not following.

I said I made a bad drop.

58 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I didn't see anything more than stress and aggravation though and I made a bad drop looking back...

During the Chronicles of Chris I gave my week to week thoughts of owning him and I believed he had lost the backfield and I was done with his headache.

If you looked at the same guy through different lenses (that means a different perspective) and you said this guy was doing great work but you dropped him anyways then that is just stupid to me.  I can't understand the justification.  I made that clear.

I also feel like maybe you don't understand the things I am saying and this is fruitless (without reward) and I should just stop now.

You said you made a bad drop, then called another guy bad at fantasy for doing the same thing.........so you're bad too then, right?     I mean, you said that your leagues are deeper, and that you dropped Carson because your defense was on bye.......doesn't that make it even worse?  

I just hate the BS "you're bad at fantasy" takes here.  Its a fn anonymous forum about a fake football game.  That take, based on one move a guy makes, is garbage.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I doubt you owned Chris Carson last year.  I think all the Chris Carson truthers didn't own him last year.  I know I owned him and dropped him and the guy that got him fell in love with him (rightfully so).

In my other leagues the Carson owner missed the playoffs.

Drafting Chris Carson you also knew the Hawks drafted Penny round 1 and Sneaky Pete had been speaking highly of him all offseason, but the average person (speaking for myself and the people in the board I was conversing with) were all thinking it was a matter of time before it was Penny's backfield.

I went back and looked at my history with Chris Carson in 2018 and wanted to document it for yall non Carson owners to understand how awesome it is to extrapolate stats over a season versus owning a player.  I present to you... The Chronicles of Chris:

spacer.png

You don’t need to own a player to see his stats. You were impatient but that’s ok. 

39 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

You don’t need to own a player to see his stats. You were impatient but that’s ok. 

Maybe you're on mobiule and can't read the right side of his picture with the entire chronicles? That's the awesome part.

I suggest you find a PC, enlarge it and start reading ;)
giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Nope.  You're either bad at fantasy or you've dug yourself in such a deep lie hole that you think your only way out is to keep digging and hope to come out the other side.

I think that more than likely you just have to keep the lie going though and you won't back down off this stance for reasons that I can't get behind.

I've noticed that even when 100% wrong people will still fight to say they were justified even when they don't believe the words coming out of their head.

I'll stand up and say it right now.  If I saw a dependable and predictable RB2 I would've continued to hold.  That garbage human was the difference between me winning and losing minimum 2 weeks though.  I didn't see anything more than stress and aggravation though and I made a bad drop looking back with hindsight eyes.  

I also had to drop AJones...and somehow that makes me “bad as fantasy football.”

Well, I didn’t say that I missed them, so please call me bad every season.😎

10 hours ago, dashoe said:

I think his point was psy's process was flawed. .  . in other words why would you drop a predicatble and dependable rb2 to the waiver?

The process doesnt make sense.  Over the last few years nobody dropped lamar miller during the course of a season because his predictable and dependable week to week floor was about 10pts in ppr. You may have never started him but you definitely didnt drop him 

So if you were able to predict on dependable rb2 production from carson why would you drop him?

Psygolfs process doesnt add up  despite the end result

Your process doesn’t add up, I had to drop him early...if I could’ve stashed him I would’ve.

What you two girls want to grade my in-season decision has nothing to do with Carson’s value...I was rb deep, and Carson was dependable as any when it was apparent he would be featured.

But keep it the smear campaign, I hope to steal him again in the draft this season.

🤩

11 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Your process doesn’t add up, I had to drop him early...if I could’ve stashed him I would’ve.

What you two girls want to grade my in-season decision has nothing to do with Carson’s value...I was rb deep, and Carson was dependable as any when it was apparent he would be featured.

But keep it the smear campaign, I hope to steal him again in the draft this season.

🤩

So you dropped him early when he wasnt very consistent. I think everyone (me atleast) was thinking you dropped once he was becoming a weekly contributor.

Why couldnt you atleast trade him? I mean who did ya pick up on the waiver that was better than him? Maybe chubb?

Edited by Stonej14

5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

So you dropped him early when he wasnt very consistent. I think everyone (me atleast) was thinking you dropped once he was becoming a weekly contributor.

Why couldnt you atleast trade him? I mean who did ya pick up on the waiver that was better than him? Maybe chubb?

I did own Chubb...but dropping Carson was due to Ingram coming off suspension

I tried to package him...but nobody was interested giving a starter back my way.

33 minutes ago, psygolf said:

🤩

Don't flatter yourself dude. .no smear campaign and i have no desire to grade your fantasy prowess. . .🤣

Basically you are clarifying your statement  after the fact however and  you were being disingenuous with your previous statement . You didn't drop carson knowing he was a predictable and dependable rb2. . you dropped him when he was inconsistent and volatile. , now in hindsight you are making current evaluation but  that wasn't the process you used at the time. . . u droppped him because he wasnt producing for you. .period😂

I love how guys always come in with their hindsight decision making as if they knew the outcome all along🤣.

• Thanks 1