urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

22 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I doubt you owned Chris Carson last year.  I think all the Chris Carson truthers didn't own him last year.  I know I owned him and dropped him and the guy that got him fell in love with him (rightfully so).

In my other leagues the Carson owner missed the playoffs.

Drafting Chris Carson you also knew the Hawks drafted Penny round 1 and Sneaky Pete had been speaking highly of him all offseason, but the average person (speaking for myself and the people in the board I was conversing with) were all thinking it was a matter of time before it was Penny's backfield.

I went back and looked at my history with Chris Carson in 2018 and wanted to document it for yall non Carson owners to understand how awesome it is to extrapolate stats over a season versus owning a player.  I present to you... The Chronicles of Chris:

spacer.png

Magnificent work, , ,🤓

• Like 1

Lol @ the same crew still pushing the narrative that Carson was unpredictable and Carrol couldn’t be trusted. Just complete nonsense.

Edited by MJJ28

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Lol @ the same crew pushing the narrative that Carson was unpredictable and Carrol couldn’t be trusted. Just complete nonsense.

LOL @ the same group in denial that his wk1-10  volatility was normal and expected by those who rostered him. . and he was a plug and play fantasy stud. ..😂

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

LOL @ the same group in denial that his wk1-10  volatility was normal and expected by those who rostered him. . and he was a plug and play fantasy stud. ..😂

Carson won the job against Dallas. It was clear as day to anyone who saw the game. From then on, if he was active, he was the man. He got a little banged up after that, but his role was never in doubt. Case closed.

Edited by MJJ28

4 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Carson won the job against Dallas. It was clear as day to anyone who saw the game. From then on, if he was active, he was the man. Pretty open and shut case.

So one good game followed next week with a surprise game day inactive where penny dominates was clear to everyone that Carson won the job? Cuss my dumb a$$ was clueless 

Edit: week 10 was when penny dominated. Ignore all of that.

Edited by Stonej14

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Carson won the job against Dallas. It was clear as day to anyone who saw the game. From then on, if he was active, he was the man. He got a little banged up after that, but his role was never in doubt. Case closed.

Carson won the job in TRAINING CAMP  or did you forget that part? 

He beat out BOTH penny and Davis in TRAINING CAMP. .  .. you can't even get your facts correct. . you are all opinion no fact check. . ..😂

Sorry  early numbers and production and touches given to penny+davis don't support your backwards looking view. .   it's ok to fool yourself but merely stating your opinion over and over doesnt change the actual facts about  his early use and production

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

So one good game followed next week with a surprise game day inactive where penny dominates was clear to everyone that Carson won the job? Cuss my dumb a$$ was clueless 

Penny had 49 yards and was outperformed by Mike Davis the next game against the worst team in the NFL. “Dominate” lol.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Carson won the job in TRAINING CAMP  or did you forget that part? 

He beat out BOTH penny and Davis in TRAINING CAMP. .  .. you can't even get your facts correct. . you are all opinion no fact check. . ..😂

Sorry  early numbers and production and touches given to penny+davis don't support your backwards looking view. .   it's ok to fool yourself but merely stating your opinion over and over doesnt change the actual facts about  his early use and production

Carrol was trying to shoehorn Penny into a role for the first 2.5 weeks to the detriment of the team. Carson had first crack but the job was up for grabs. After week 3 there was no question.

Your posting style is pathetic. Always trying to “win” with no regard for proper analysis.

Edited by MJJ28

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Carrol was trying to shoehorn Penny into a role for the first 2.5 weeks. Carson had first crack but the job was up for grabs. After week 3 there was no question.

Stop trying to spin it dude, , you are wrong on every single reply that you made. The facts and numbers don't support your view.

Take the L so we can move on to the next game dude. . .😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Stop trying to spin it dude, , you are wrong on every single reply that you made. The facts and numbers don't support your view.

Take the L so we can move on to the next game dude. . .😂

I’m sorry you wasted a pick on Penny.

6 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Penny had 49 yards and was outperformed by Mike Davis the next game against the worst team in the NFL. “Dominate” lol.

Yea week 10 was when he dominated. My b.

5 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Carrol was trying to shoehorn Penny into a role for the first 2.5 weeks to the detriment of the team. Carson had first crack but the job was up for grabs. After week 3 there was no question.

I thought Carson won the job in the preseason because penny got hurt. Cant remember your probably right but I thought he came into camp like 20lbs overweight then got hurt. 

1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

Yea week 10 was when he dominated. My b.

I thought Carson won the job in the preseason because penny got hurt. Cant remember your probably right but I thought he came into camp like 20lbs overweight then got hurt. 

Carson saw 25 (43%) and 19 (29%) of the snaps weeks 1 and 2. 

After week 3 he never saw less than 30 snaps in games he finished or that weren’t against the Raiders and over at halftime, and was consistently in the 55% snap share range.

Yea, he missed a game on short notice and left another one early, but after week 3, when he single handidly carried the team on his back, when he was active his role was never in doubt.

11 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I’m sorry you wasted a pick on Penny.

I owned carson+penny+davis at various points over the 1st 10 weeks.  . so  don't feel sorry. . . just stop spinning and denying facts because you want to be "right" about your carson pick. Fact is no one predicted his utilization and Petey playing rb carousel. . 

What part about that can't you accept. .  that it factually happened?  😂

7 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Carson saw 25 (43%) and 19 (29%) of the snaps weeks 1 and 2. 

After week 3 he never saw less than 30 snaps in games he finished or that weren’t against the Raiders and over at halftime, and was consistently in the 55% snap share range.

Yea, he missed a game on short notice and left another one early, but after week 3, when he single handidly carried the team on his back, when he was active his role was never in doubt.

I'm not even going to bother to check your stats because they are bascially irrellevant and you already have like 6 qualifying exceptions that i bolded n your explanation. . . 🤣

Let it go dude, when you have to make 6 exceptions  in 3 sentences to explain his unpredicatble utilization and production. . . it's time to jump ship. . .😂

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I owned carson+penny+davis at various points over the 1st 10 weeks.  . so  don't feel sorry. . . just stop spinning and denying facts because you want to be "right" about your carson pick. Fact is no one predicted his utilization and Petey playing rb carousel. . 

What part about that can't you accept. .  that it factually happened?  😂

There was no rb carousel. When Carson was active, he got the carries. You may have thought there was a carousel, but you were just wrong.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm not even going to bother to check your stats because they are bascially irrellevant and you already have like 6 qualifying exceptions that i bolded n your explanation. . . 🤣

Let it go dude, when you have to make 6 exceptions  in 3 sentences to explain his unpredicatble utilization and production. . . it's time to jump ship. . .😂

Carson active. Carson gets ball. That’s how it went. Rode that excellent usage to 5th in yards and 9 TDs.

Sorry you wasted a pick on Penny then dropped Carson right before he won leagues. I’d be mad, too!

Edited by MJJ28

3 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

There was no rb carousel. When Carson was active, he got the carries. You may have thought there was a carousel, but you were just wrong.

ok dude. . . whatever you believe. . 😂

51 minutes ago, dashoe said:

During home games... That weren't night games... When the Seahawks were up by between 7-13 points... When he wasn't gassed... When he wasn't hurt... When Pete didn't say he was "banged up"... When they weren't playing a division rival THIS DUDE WAS AN ABSOLUTE STONE COLD FREAKING LOCK. HOW DUMB ARE YOU TO NOT SEE THIS?!? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

During home games... That weren't night games... When the Seahawks were up by between 7-13 points... When he wasn't gassed... When he wasn't hurt... When Pete didn't say he was "banged up"... When they weren't playing a division rival THIS DUDE WAS AN ABSOLUTE STONE COLD FREAKING LOCK. HOW DUMB ARE YOU TO NOT SEE THIS?!? 

7th in the league in carries, 5th in yards, 9 TDs. Whether you thought it at the time or not, he was extremely reliable. That’s just a fact. If you thought he wasn’t at the time, you were just wrong.

Edited by MJJ28

11 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

7th in the league in carries, 5th in yards, 9 TDs. Whether you thought it at the time or not, he was extremely reliable. That’s just a fact. If you thought he wasn’t at the time, you were just wrong.

Well... Maybe he wasnt reliable at that time. And then he became reliable.. And everyone is right and everyone is wrong.. and instead of arguing about his reliability of last year we can argue over how long before penny steals the job next year?

20 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Well... Maybe he wasnt reliable at that time. And then he became reliable.. And everyone is right and everyone is wrong.. and instead of arguing about his reliability of last year we can argue over how long before penny steals the job next year?

Arguing how long before Penny steals the job was what got us to this place. Instead of continuing that endless cycle, it’s probably a good idea to accurately and honestly address the past so that we can learn from it. The past in which Carson was a highly reliable, week to week rb2/1.

Anyways, Penny will never touch the goalline/short yardage role for as long as Carson is on the team. He does seem pretty good though from what I’ve seen so I expect a near 50/50 split this year. 

Edited by MJJ28
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Don't flatter yourself dude. .no smear campaign and i have no desire to grade your fantasy prowess. . .🤣

Basically you are clarifying your statement  after the fact however and  you were being disingenuous with your previous statement . You didn't drop carson knowing he was a predictable and dependable rb2. . you dropped him when he was inconsistent and volatile. , now in hindsight you are making current evaluation but  that wasn't the process you used at the time. . . u droppped him because he wasnt producing for you. .period😂

I love how guys always come in with their hindsight decision making as if they knew the outcome all along🤣.

I said he was a predictable rb, and he always has been as a healthy starter...nobody drafted Carson because they anticipated him to be in their every week lineup, he was drafted as a wildcard in case things fell his way, and they did.  

For some reason it surprised you, and you can’t get over it

🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

The past in which Carson was a highly reliable, week to week rb2/1.

image.png.27267e90e37e248affa137b9302b69f8.png

To be an weekly RB2, you need around 10 points standard.

- Week 1-9, Carson was not reliable (RB29). 

- Week 11-17, Carson was not just reliable, he was exceptional (RB4).

Done. Now the main question is: which Carson are we going to get in 2019, the guy on the right or the guy on the left? Good luck figuring that out.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

image.png.27267e90e37e248affa137b9302b69f8.png

To be an weekly RB2, you need around 10 points standard.

- Week 1-9, Carson was not reliable (RB29). 

- Week 11-17, Carson was not just reliable, he was exceptional (RB4).

Done. Now the main question is: which Carson are we going to get in 2019, the guy on the right or the guy on the left? Good luck figuring that out.

You keep ignoring the red & green lights that suggest the weekly direction one should take with Carson during those 17 weeks...but you can’t help those who are determined to play in traffic.

If you started Carson from week 1 >>> you deserved to get run over.

🤪 🚚