urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Last year Carson was a huge disappointment during the first half of the season but played well down the stretch.  With a first-round investment in Penny, Carson's seat will be hot once again.  If I had to pick Carson in the 2/3 or Penny in the 6th I might go Penny but more likely just avoid the whole thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Last year Carson was a huge disappointment during the first half of the season but played well down the stretch.  With a first-round investment in Penny, Carson's seat will be hot once again.  If I had to pick Carson in the 2/3 or Penny in the 6th I might go Penny but more likely just avoid the whole thing.

Last time kids...he did not disappoint to start the season because he was not drafted to start in FF.

l dropped him because I was rb heavy and needed depth at other positions, you move on.

...a lot of butt-hurt Carson owners in this thread that seem committed to swear him off, I love it.

I doubt the Seachicken coaching staff is ignoring how proficient the running game was the 2nd half of the season...luckily they do not play in my ff league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

image.png.27267e90e37e248affa137b9302b69f8.png

To be an weekly RB2, you need around 10 points standard.

- Week 1-9, Carson was not reliable (RB29). 

- Week 11-17, Carson was not just reliable, he was exceptional (RB4).

Done. Now the main question is: which Carson are we going to get in 2019, the guy on the right or the guy on the left? Good luck figuring that out.

the guy on the right would be drafted in the first two rounds. the guy on the left would be drafted in rounds 7-9. seems like figuring out right from left is built into carson's price.

24 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If I had to pick Carson in the 2/3 or Penny in the 6th I might go Penny but more likely just avoid the whole thing.

"2/3"?

carson's ADP and ECR are firmly in round 4 for standard and PPR 12-team leagues.

in that range, you're looking at guice, ingram, cohen, michel, kerryon, lindsey

• Like 2

3 hours ago, psygolf said:

Last time kids...he did not disappoint to start the season because he was not drafted to start in FF.

Sooo. . . CARSON  wins primary role in training camp beating a rookie who was injured, overweight and struggled to learn the scheme and a backup rb who was cut then resigned. .  and you wouldnt expect said Carson to start on a team people have been screaming for years since lynch left that wants to be run heavy ? I had him as my flex. .which is a starting roster position btw. . .

Do you even believe what you are posting because i dont. . . at this point you sound ridiculous🤣

• Thanks 1

Mate, he's saying he was not drafted to start the season for him, not the Hawks.

He drafted him, knowing him to be dependable, but it wasn't his intention to start him in his team due to his strength already at the RB position.
Then, later in the season, he dropped him due to his strength of RB performing well, also due to Ingram returning and that he needed bench space for depth elsewhere.

I don't see the issue.

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

I said he was a predictable rb, and he always has been as a healthy starter...nobody drafted Carson because they anticipated him to be in their every week lineup, he was drafted as a wildcard in case things fell his way, and they did.  

For some reason it surprised you, and you can’t get over it

🤣

5 minutes ago, steevio_uk said:

Mate, he's saying he was not drafted to start the season for him, not the Hawks.

He drafted him, knowing him to be dependable, but it wasn't his intention to start him in his team due to his strength already at the RB position.
Then, later in the season, he dropped him due to his strength of RB performing well, also due to Ingram returning and that he needed bench space for depth elsewhere.

I don't see the issue.

THAT IS NOT WHAT HE IS SAYING . . . I suggest you re-read his post. 

key word is he said NOBODY as in every fantasy player who drafted Carson not only specific to his fantasy team

Now do you see the issue. . .👀

Also who drops  what they believe is a  dependable starting rb2 in fantasy. . . don't  buy the bridge he is selling you mate. . . 😂

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Sooo. . . CARSON  wins primary role in training camp beating a rookie who was injured, overweight and struggled to learn the scheme and a backup rb who was cut then resigned. .  and you wouldnt expect said Carson to start on a team people have been screaming for years since lynch left that wants to be run heavy ? I had him as my flex. .which is a starting roster position btw. . .

Do you even believe what you are posting because i dont. . . at this point you sound ridiculous🤣

Carson didn’t win the primary role in training camp. He was outsnapped by Penny the first two weeks. You’re lying.

He won the role during the game in week 3, and was the consistent lead back every week from then on. Simple stuff.

Edited by MJJ28

30 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

He won the role during the game in week 3, and was the consistent lead back every week from then on. Simple stuff.

Your and my definition of "every week" appear to differ a bit.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Carson didn’t win the primary role in training camp. He was outsnapped by Penny the first two weeks. You’re lying.

Not exactly sure why you are accusing me of lying. .here are the facts 👇

1. Carson took the majority of 1st team reps during the offseason

2. Penny had a broken finger last weeks of August and missed most of preseason games and practice.

3.  Carson was on the top of the depth chart for wk1 against Denver. . .👉 Running back: Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, Mike Davis, C.J. Prosise

All of the above points state that Carson was considered the starting/primary rb coming out of TC.  

What wasnt known was  how Pete would utilize his rb group starting wk1

Interestingly in a previous post i stated pete was playing rb carousel the first few weeks and you responded that he wasnt because when carson was active he was the guy and u also stated Carson had 1st crack at the starting job. .which means he was the starter

Seriously dude what is your rationale of promoting your opinion in the form of false facts and misinformation? Guys like you on message boards are a unique breed. you add zero value to discussions aside from being contrary for the sake of being contrary.  

I'm going to do us both a favor. I am going to block you going forward which i have only done once before to another poster. I am not blocking you because you have a differing opinion, I welcome differing opinions because they allow me to question my process and decision making but I am blocking you because I think that you have an obsession with winning a debate against me /proving me wrong and all that does is hurt the quality of discussion. 

You stated i was lying which means intent to deceive and also indicates you have a very personal investment in this exchange with me. So no need for us to exchange going forward.

Differing opinions are fine however denying facts does not make for a positive discussion and calling someone a liar is a road to no discussion. 

Cheers! 🍻

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Those are fantasy points per game. Not sure what that has to do with lead back status?

2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Those are fantasy points per game. Not sure what that has to do with lead back status?

image.png.9f052d33dced4fbce0c2c1bda5d4a154.png

You honestly thought I didn't have that chart ready?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Again, not sure what Carson vs. total team yardage has to do with lead back status?

Where are the snap and touch totals relative to the other RBs? (Hint: they heavily favor Carson post week 3).

Edited by MJJ28

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Magic 8 Ball trumps charts every day. . .😂

I'm not a big fan of Carson this year with Penny emerging late last season.  I might try to get Penny later for my bench but will put Carson on my do not draft list.

6 hours ago, psygolf said:

l dropped him because I was rb heavy and needed depth at other positions, you move on.

...a lot of butt-hurt Carson owners in this thread that seem committed to swear him off, I love it.

I doubt the Seachicken coaching staff is ignoring how proficient the running game was the 2nd half of the season...luckily they do not play in my ff league.

False.

I drafted him to start him. I gave a comprehensive "chronicles of Chris" story that said as much. 

Shallow leagues might not have drafted him to start. Not every league is a shallow league though. I drafted him to start. 

Starting 10 positions isn't the same as starting 6. That doesn't mean that the person who is required to start more is wrong. It just means they don't play in a 4th grade teacher's league where "highly predictable and dependable RB2s" are readily available on the wire whenever needed. 

• Like 1

All this hate reminding of Chris carson is kind of reminding me that I'm a glutton for punishment and seeing him at pretty good value currently... 

Hmmm... Probably not, but it's not the worse value. 

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I owned Carson last year.  Carson earned the starting RB role after outperforming Penny pretty dramatically the first two weeks (Penny looked pretty lost).  He ran better and blocked better than Penny.  From there it comes down to whether you believe Carson was actually injured or not in weeks 4 and 10.  I believe he was.  There was hip injury from week 3 that lingered for much of the year.  Carol was hoping he would be ready for week 4 but he couldn't go.  Then week 7 was the bye.  Carson gets injured pretty early in week 9 and doesn't see the field after that (Davis had a decent game). Davis had a big week in week 10 (Carson injured), but I never felt Carson wasn't the lead back (as long as he was healthy).  

So I guess I'm going against the grain here.  He was the lead back (when healthy) since week 3.  It's not uncommon for a starting RB to miss a couple games when they get nicked up.

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

Please post Carson’s 2018 adp...then stop talking.

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

False.

I drafted him to start him. I gave a comprehensive "chronicles of Chris" story that said as much. 

Shallow leagues might not have drafted him to start. Not every league is a shallow league though. I drafted him to start. 

Starting 10 positions isn't the same as starting 6. That doesn't mean that the person who is required to start more is wrong. It just means they don't play in a 4th grade teacher's league where "highly predictable and dependable RB2s" are readily available on the wire whenever needed. 

If you drafted him as your starter = you are bad at ff.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Please post Carson’s 2018 adp...then stop talking.

I  play in auction leagues so ADP does not apply to me. . .🤣

I even mentioned earlier I had him in my flex. . .👁️

I don't draft predictable and reliable rb2. .  . to drop them. .  I draft them to play them 🤩

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I don't draft predictable and reliable rb2. .  . to drop them. .  I draft them to play them 🤩

(yawn) ...ok, tell us what his auction price was in ‘18.   

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

^ needs help setting line ups

😂

11 minutes ago, psygolf said:

^ needs help setting line ups

😂

not from a guy who intentionally  drops what he claims he knows is  a rpredictable and dependable rb2 to the wire . . .😱

Unless you  play in 8 team leagues and for the sake pf forum discussions the default is 12 team ppr unless specified🤩

Edited by dashoe
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Looks like he was $4...lol

Well, if you weren’t satisfied with his return on your “big investment” as a starter, maybe you should spend a little more this year!

🤓

Just now, dashoe said:

not from a guy who intentionally  drops what he claims he knows is  a reliable and dependable rb2 to the wire . . .😱

I’m a great drafter...I had better, sorry.