urban2014

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Looks like he was $4...lol

Well, if you weren’t satisfied with his return on your “big investment” as a starter, maybe you should spend a little more this year!

🤓

 

You obviously don't play auctions if you think a generic auction value is what people actually  bid on draft day.  Auctions values dont correlate the same way as snake draft adps  on draft day Y

You sir are getting dangerously close to showing  your lack of depth regarding formats. . .don't drown in the shallow end🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

You obviously don't play auctions if you think a generic auction value is what people actually  bid on draft day.  Auctions values dont correlate the same way as snake draft adps  on draft day Y

You sir are getting dangerously close to showing  your lack of depth regarding formats. . .don't drown in the shallow end🤣

You could always show a link to what you spent on him...but I know you won’t.

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I do not kill it again in the draft this year...I hope to have the luxury of drafting and holding on to Carson at a great value & return.

🙃

Edited by psygolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He couldn’t have been more than $10 last year on a $200 budget.

 

I saw $7 on cbs site which seems about right. Shoe was right though, auction values aren’t very static

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He couldn’t have been more than $10 last year on a $200 budget.

 

I saw $7 on cbs site which seems about right. Shoe was right though, auction values aren’t very static

Nobody said anything was static...I’m just seeing if shoe has a pair big enough to post what he spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The champ in our league bought Carson at auction and held onto him all year.  I can't remember what he spent on him, but $7 sounds about right.  I sure did not like facing him in week 16, that's for sure.  

But rather than argue about last year, let's talk about Carson's 2019 prospects, shall we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The champ in our league bought Carson at auction and held onto him all year.  I can't remember what he spent on him, but $7 sounds about right.  I sure did not like facing him in week 16, that's for sure.  

But rather than argue about last year, let's talk about Carson's 2019 prospects, shall we?

My opinion, the coaching will not be able to ignore the way Carson performed last season. It will take an amazing offseason or injury for Penny to get back on the radar.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Nobody said anything was static...I’m just seeing if shoe has a pair big enough to post what he spent.

Attention psy! Jedi mind and parlour tricks do not work on DaShoe. . . 🤪what I spent in a draft is not relevant to the fact that you adamantly state Carson was a predictable and reliable rb2 and yet you dropped him . So unless you are in a 6 or 8 team league  or you have 2 bench spots or some other unique league roster customization. . . which you havent clarified,  no one drops a rb they believe will be an rb2 in a 12 man or more league with the average 15 total roster slots

So as usual you keep presenting to us like you knew exactly how carsons production would turn out yet you cant explain your process adequately and now you are attempting tp obfuscate  and move the ball by bringing in ADP  and auction values and people should have known he wouldnt perform the first couple of weeks. . . yet you dropped him?

Come on guy you keep sounding more and more ridiculous with each post. . 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The champ in our league bought Carson at auction and held onto him all year.  I can't remember what he spent on him, but $7 sounds about right.  I sure did not like facing him in week 16, that's for sure.  

But rather than argue about last year, let's talk about Carson's 2019 prospects, shall we?

 

We were talking about this years prospects before the truthers got outraged that his production last year was questioned. . it's always the truthers fault every season. . 🤣

 My take on carson is very simple  in his current drafting range in PPR  I have more interest in kerryon-lindsay and drake or ingram for various reasons, namely carson doesnt get many targets and he needs to crack 100yds or score tds to return value. 

-I have a feeling that sea is going to operate a rb 1a vs 1b backfield.

-I don't trust 4th rd draft capital on the machinations of pete carroll

-if you draft carson you have to roster penny  based on injury history 

- I dont like rostering 2 rb from the same team for an entire season

-Pete carroll keeps raging about a 1-2 punch this season with carson+penney. Does anyone knows what that means in Pete carrols world? I dont.

-Carson is having "work" done to his knee. . .early warning flag

- I would need for him to fall to draft him

 

20 4.02 Kerryon Johnson RB DET 5 38.3 3.8 3.02 5.01 255
21 4.04 Phillip Lindsay RB DEN 10 40.4 5.1 2.11 5.07 183
22 4.05 Sony Michel RB NE 10 40.7 3.8 3.03 5.03 210
23 4.07 Mark Ingram RB BAL 8 42.5 4.3 2.07 5.06 199
24 4.07 David Montgomery RB CHI 6 42.8 4.5 3.05 5.05 158
25 4.12 Chris Carson RB SEA 11 48.3 5.2 3.12 6.06 226
26 5.04 Kenyan Drake RB MIA 5 52.4 4.8 3.07 6.05 268

 

 

If I am going to make a value bet on the sea backfield player to roster then i take penney 3 to 4rounds later

-if he sucks all it cost was rd 8 capital

- it looks like he could make a year 2 leap based on the flashes of explosive plays he made last season

-the coaches are committed to getting him touches

-carson is a documented injury risk

 

35 7.11 Latavius Murray RB NO 9 83.3 7.3 6.01 9.04 184
36 8.02 Rashaad Penny RB SEA 11 86.0 6.3 6.01 9.04 242
37 8.03 Jordan Howard RB PHI 10 87.4 7.3 6.01 9.09 162
38 8.08 Ronald Jones II RB TB 7 91.8 7.1 5.12 9.09 167
39 8.09 Jerick McKinnon RB SF 4 93.5 8.7 4.06 9.09 101
40 8.12 Royce Freeman RB DEN 10 96.3 6.9 7.02 10.02 101

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, psygolf said:

The lady doth protest...doesn’t she-!?

 

how about you give us the early version of your 2019 offseason script on how you dropped  carson knowing he would finish as a rb2 when you drafted him as your rb3. . . 

Still waiting for you to share with us your league settings that allows you to knowingly and easily drop a rb2 to the waiver.

At this point you can even make it up. . . I wouldnt care as long as it makes sense 😘

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

how about you give us the early version of your 2019 offseason script on how you dropped  carson knowing he would finish as a rb2 when you drafted him as your rb3. . . 

Still waiting for you to share with us your league settings that allows you to knowingly and easily drop a rb2 to the waiver.

At this point you can even make it up. . . I wouldnt care as long as it makes sense 😘

 

Nobody cares about what anyone “thought” during the 2018 season anymore. 

What does matter is what actually happened. What actually happened was that Carson was a great, highly consistent, highly utilized RB2. 5th in yards, 7th in carries, 9tds, low week to week variance. The numbers speak for themselves.

Edited by MJJ28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

how about you give us the early version of your 2019 offseason script on how you dropped  carson knowing he would finish as a rb2 when you drafted him as your rb3. . . 

Still waiting for you to share with us your league settings that allows you to knowingly and easily drop a rb2 to the waiver.

At this point you can even make it up. . . I wouldnt care as long as it makes sense 😘

I had DJ, Conner, Chubb in a short bench...I stated that I wish that I could’ve kept him.

 

Please, please, please show us how you overpaid for Carson to be one of your starters in ‘18.  

😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Nobody cares about what anyone “thought” during the 2018 season anymore. 

What does matter is what actually happened. What actually happened was that Carson was a great, highly consistent, highly utilized RB2. 5th in yards, 7th in carries, 9tds, low week to week variance. The numbers speak for themselves.

Hey, how did Carson rank in 100yd games for the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Hey, how did Carson rank in 100yd games for the season?

 

He ranked tied with Gurley.

Edited by MJJ28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

What does matter is what actually happened. What actually happened was that Carson was a great, highly consistent, highly utilized RB2. 5th in yards, 7th in carries, 9tds, low week to week variance. The numbers speak for themselves.

image.png.27267e90e37e248affa137b9302b69f8.png

Again: for half a season (which happened to be the half I had him after I picked him up from the trash can) he was more than a dependable RB2. The other half of the season he clearly wasn't.

 

Stating that Carson was a dependable RB2 in 2018 without that proviso is saying Boston has a wonderful climate with temperatures of 80 F.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

image.png.27267e90e37e248affa137b9302b69f8.png

Again: for half a season (which happened to be the half I had him after I picked him up from the trash can) he was more than a dependable RB2. The other half of the season he clearly wasn't.

 

Stating that Carson was a dependable RB2 in 2018 without that proviso is saying Boston has a wonderful climate with temperatures of 80 F.

 

 

Do you know what a 16 game, weekly RB2 is called?

An RB1.

For a season long RB2, Carson was as consistent and dependable as it gets.

Lets see the charts for players who finished in his range. Show us some AP, Drake, Henry, Chubb, Cohen charts, then come back and tell me Carson wasn’t dependable. 

Carson had 2 unavoidable duds all season. That’s incredible for fantasy purposes.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I had DJ, Conner, Chubb in a short bench...I stated that I wish that I could’ve kept him.

 

Please, please, please show us how you overpaid for Carson to be one of your starters in ‘18.  

😂

Focus on this 👉1.  you explained nothing and your lack of detail is astonishing. 

What is a short bench? How many roster spots do u have? How many teams are in your league? What is your scoring format

 

👇below  is not the focus only informational so please dont attempt to make this the focus and distract us from the above☝️ 🤣

2. Why are you so obsessed with what I paid for Carson?  I dont keep track of auction prices because  prices are relative  to  each bidders position in  terms of available cash, roster construction, available talent and bidding interest for the available talent; it's not correlated like adp is to a snake darft,  As i said if you played in auctions then you wouldnt ask what I paid because he didnt have much value in a ppr auction.  Auctions are about bidding vs competitive demand

No 2 auctions are alike each one  will have different values and outcomes but if you are that desperate i can give you my process.    I tend to pay  around $40 for my rb1 because I dont draft the top ones and focus on value plays. I will try to pay for 2 starting rb's what someone will pay for a top 4.;  I liked wr value in my auction better last year.

So I probably paid anywhere from $2-5 for Carson depending on where I was positioned end of auction.  I had a cheap grouping of barber-lynch-carson  that cost me almost nothing because they were not desireable ppr candidates. I was betting one would be an upside flex piece based on rushing volume and td's. Thankfully they all failed early in the season so I had access to early waiver talent  to replace them. . 😂

Again how is that relevant to your statement you knew Carson was a predictable and reliable rb2 but you dropped him anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Focus on this 👉1.  you explained nothing and your lack of detail is astonishing. 

What is a short bench? How many roster spots do u have? How many teams are in your league? What is your scoring format

 

👇below  is not the focus only informational so please dont attempt to make this the focus and distract us from the above☝️ 🤣

2. Why are you so obsessed with what I paid for Carson?  I dont keep track of auction prices because  prices are relative  to  each bidders position in  terms of available cash, roster construction, available talent and bidding interest for the available talent; it's not correlated like adp is to a snake darft,  As i said if you played in auctions then you wouldnt ask what I paid because he didnt have much value in a ppr auction.  Auctions are about bidding vs competitive demand

No 2 auctions are alike each one  will have different values and outcomes but if you are that desperate i can give you my process.    I tend to pay  around $40 for my rb1 because I dont draft the top ones and focus on value plays. I will try to pay for 2 starting rb's what someone will pay for a top 4.;  I liked wr value in my auction better last year.

So I probably paid anywhere from $2-5 for Carson depending on where I was positioned end of auction.  I had a cheap grouping of barber-lynch-carson  that cost me almost nothing because they were not desireable ppr candidates. I was betting one would be an upside flex piece based on rushing volume and td's. Thankfully they all failed early in the season so I had access to early waiver talent  to replace them. . 😂

Again how is that relevant to your statement you knew Carson was a predictable and reliable rb2 but you dropped him anyway?

You can stop focusing on me...hard, I know.

So funny that you’re pretending like you can’t remember or look up the actual $ you spent on Carson...from a guy that tries to show he has command of all #s.

Fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there you have it...shoe let Carson go early, like me, but one of us is still trying to deal with the decision backfiring on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

So there you have it...shoe let Carson go early, like me, but one of us is still trying to deal with the decision backfiring on him.

 

Dude said he owned Penny-Carson-Davis weeks 1-10. Poor guy bought Penny at cost, too. Ouch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

So there you have it...shoe let Carson go early, like me, but one of us is still trying to deal with the decision backfiring on him.

Wow dude you are SCARY!!!! You went from carson was a reliable dependable rb2 that you dropped to  making your posta about dashoe wont state exactly  what he paid for carson when i gave u a range and u have  yet to tell us your league format to show why  you would drop a rb2.  . . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

 

Dude said he owned Penny-Carson-Davis weeks 1-10. Poor guy bought Penny at cost, too. Ouch.

I thought is was fairly obvious that a healthy Carson puts a twinkle in Carroll’s eyes.  

He was the only one worth targeting in ‘18...and still is.

Go ahead and spend a dollar on a Penny, I won’t dissuade that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only issue I have with targeting Carson in ‘19 is that his adp, as it stands, could be right in the sweet spot where you should be drafting a QB or TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The only issue I have with targeting Carson in ‘19 is that his adp, as it stands, could be right in the sweet spot where you should be drafting a QB or TE.

 

I was a Carson truther last season. It was pretty clear come late preseason draft time that there was a huge Penny/Carson value disparity.

I’m out this year though. Penny actually looked pretty darn good to me when given the ball. Carson will still have value and a role, but he lacks upside at cost given that I believe Penny’s skills will command some type of role and I can’t see the offense being so run heavy again. I’m not gonna be riding a Penny bandwagon or anything like that, but like I said, he looks pretty good.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.