Divisional Round Predictions

On 1/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, Boudewijn said:

Saturday, January 12th 
 4:35 PM ET Colts at Chiefs
 8:15 PM ET Cowboys at Rams

Sunday, January 13th 
 1:05 PM ET Chargers at Patriots
 4:40 PM ET Eagles at Saints

Step right up ladies and gentleman, and place your bets. Unfortunately for the wild cards we were not exceptionally accurate (except @pastorofmuppets2) so chance to redeem yourself.

Colts 38 - Chiefs 35

Rams 24 - Cowboys 13

Chargers 31 - Patriots 27

Saints 45 - Eagles 20

Chiefs 30  Colts 23

Chargers 34   Patriots 31

Rams 23    Cowboys 20

Saints 37    Eagles 17

So far we have ... If I am wrong please let me know.

ALL HOME

shakestreet

LuckBox1

PizzaBeerFF

3 Home 1 Away (Colts,Rams,Pats,Saints)

BearCountry

lolcopter

rotomaster

BrianM

jstep13

The 7th Beatle

3 Home 1 Away (Chiefs,Rams,Chargers,Saints)

JoeJoe88

Oliminator

CMilne

Machines

DaltonGang

ginocan

FlynFiesta6

Tghetty

JrsKars

Swetooth9

3 Home 1 Away ( Chiefs,Rams,Pats,Eagles)

hoppychokes

psridersrider

3 Home 1 Away (Chiefs,Boys,Pats,Saints)

NyBlazer1135

• Like 2

2 Home 2 Away (Chiefs,Rams,Chargers,Eagles)

devaster

Zak0221

2 Home 2 Away (Colts,Rams,Chargers,Saints)

SharkSwimmer

TheLandofRealBeer

crotchcrickets

GoHawks

TheTruthReturns

lvSaint429

2 Home 2 Away (Chiefs,Boys,Chargers,Saints)

RyanK

2 Home 2 Away (Colts,Boys,Pats,Saints)

ajs723

• Like 3

Then let me add the following combo for no other reason than that nobody seems to have selected it yet: :)

Colts

Cowboys

Chargers

Eagles

On 1/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, Boudewijn said:

Saturday, January 12th 

Sunday, January 13th 

Step right up ladies and gentleman, and place your bets. Unfortunately for the wild cards we were not exceptionally accurate (except @pastorofmuppets2) so chance to redeem yourself.

Colts: Snow showers in forecast. Colts go ball control. Defense plays at peak level. Frank Reich & Co. proving to be an elite HC and staff. Colts hold on for the win.

Cowboys: Goff will be sacked 4-5 times and harassed all day. Rams cant' stop the run. Cowboys are the better team especially with the elite defense emerging.

Chargers: Chargers and their elite defense have become the ultimate road warriors. The Patriots appear to be fading. Close game, but Chargers will pull off the upset.

Saints: Easy win in the Big Easy. Eagles will keep it close early, but the Saints are just too good.

Colts / Cowboys / Chargers / Saints

Went 2-2 last weekend, was wrong on Bears and Texans

Edited by JJ1223

Been thinking hard about it all week(maybe too hard)

I've landed on..

Chiefs

Cowboys

Chargers

Saints

On 1/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, Boudewijn said:

Saturday, January 12th 

Sunday, January 13th 

Chiefs

Rams

Patriots

Saints

3 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

Colts: Snow showers in forecast. Colts go ball control. Defense plays at peak level. Frank Reich & Co. proving to be an elite HC and staff. Colts hold on for the win.

Cowboys: Goff will be sacked 4-5 times and harassed all day. Rams cant' stop the run. Cowboys are the better team especially with the elite defense emerging.

Chargers: Chargers and their elite defense have become the ultimate road warriors. The Patriots appear to be fading. Close game, but Chargers will pull off the upset.

Saints: Easy win in the Big Easy. Eagles will keep it close early, but the Saints are just too good.

flurries, 32-33 degrees, low wind. not going to slow Chiefs offense IMO. Colts are good, but not that good to win in Arrowhead against that offense.

Rams bounce back with a healthy hungry Gurley and also out-coach Dallas who will blow it with Dak at the helm.

Chargers just can't beat the Patriots especially at Gillette (20 degrees).  Ravens should have beat them, they beat themselves and the Pats won't do that, they will scheme, make less mistakes and win to advance.

Saints, agree.

Edited by Members_Only_76

10 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

flurries, 32-33 degrees, low wind. not going to slow Chiefs offense IMO. Colts are good, but not that good to win in Arrowhead against that offense.

Rams bounce back with a healthy hungry Gurley and also out-coach Dallas who will blow it with Dak at the helm.

Chargers just can't beat the Patriots especially at Gillette (20 degrees).  Ravens should have beat them, they beat themselves and the Pats won't do that, they will scheme, make less mistakes and win to advance.

Saints, agree.

Going to be some great games this weekend for sure. No one here has a crystal ball, but it's fun to challenge each other.

KC has be beaten 4 times this season, all shoot outs. The Colts have the horses to go toe-to-toe with the Chiefs. It's going to come down to QBs and coaching. Mahomes is already an elite QB but he's young and can be baited into mistakes. Reich vs. Reid in the playoffs....Reid in the post season....shaky. If the Colts can play a bit of keep a way with Mack and a short controlled passing game and force Mahomes into a couple of turnovers Colts will win.

Cowboys are a better team than the Rams. Public perception of the Rams is overstated. They had a great record this season, but were getting fat vs. a very weak schedule. They are weak vs. the run and have a couple of holes in the secondary. Dallas became a completely different team on offense after acquiring Cooper and their defense started to gel around the same time. Dallas' defense is strong at every level and they can get consistent pressure on the QB without blitzing. Unless they turn the ball over 3-4 times, they will win. This is my strongest prediction.

Chargers is my weakest call because they have to play the Pats in their house, but the Chargers have been lights out on the road this year and I think they're just due for a playoff win. Also the defense is stellar. Should be a great game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pikerbkb said:

Going to be some great games this weekend for sure. No one here has a crystal ball, but it's fun to challenge each other.

KC has be beaten 4 times this season, all shoot outs. The Colts have the horses to go toe-to-toe with the Chiefs. It's going to come down to QBs and coaching. Mahomes is already an elite QB but he's young and can be baited into mistakes. Reich vs. Reid in the playoffs....Reid in the post season....shaky. If the Colts can play a bit of keep a way with Mack and a short controlled passing game and force Mahomes into a couple of turnovers Colts will win.

Cowboys are a better team than the Rams. Public perception of the Rams is overstated. They had a great record this season, but were getting fat vs. a very weak schedule. They are weak vs. the run and have a couple of holes in the secondary. Dallas became a completely different team on offense after acquiring Cooper and their defense started to gel around the same time. Dallas' defense is strong at every level and they can get consistent pressure on the QB without blitzing. Unless they turn the ball over 3-4 times, they will win. This is my strongest prediction.

Chargers is my weakest call because they have to play the Pats in their house, but the Chargers have been lights out on the road this year and I think they're just due for a playoff win. Also the defense is stellar. Should be a great game.

Cheers to that. Appreciate the reply.

Colts I just don't think they will go into Arrowhead and win in that environment as a whole. Could they, for sure. You might be right, and it would actually be kinda cool.

Cowboys I just don't trust and feel they could choke in this one. More of a gut feel and based on their past road playoff games. I think '92 was the last road playoff game they won. I don't always buy into those type of stats, but we'll see.

Chargers would LOVE to see them beat NE. Please be right on that one, but I don't see it happening. Gordon isn't healthy IMO, and think BB will out-scheme them somehow someway to advance. Dang Pats. And don't forget their best players.....the zebras! j/k...kinda :D

Edited by Members_Only_76

ALL HOME

shakestreet

LuckBox1

PizzaBeerFF

elroypedro

MembersOnly76

3 Home 1 Away (Colts,Rams,Pats,Saints)

BearCountry

lolcopter

rotomaster

BrianM

jstep13

The 7th Beatle

3 Home 1 Away (Chiefs,Rams,Chargers,Saints)

JoeJoe88

Oliminator

CMilne

Machines

DaltonGang

ginocan

FlynFiesta6

Tghetty

JrsKars

Swetooth9

bhawks489

corleone

3 Home 1 Away ( Chiefs,Rams,Pats,Eagles)

hoppychokes

psridersrider

3 Home 1 Away (Chiefs,Boys,Pats,Saints)

NyBlazer1135

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 2

2 Home 2 Away (Chiefs,Rams,Chargers,Eagles)

devaster

Zak0221

2 Home 2 Away (Colts,Rams,Chargers,Saints)

SharkSwimmer

TheLandofRealBeer

crotchcrickets

GoHawks

TheTruthReturns

lvSaint429

2 Home 2 Away (Chiefs,Boys,Chargers,Saints)

RyanK

RMJ12

2 Home 2 Away (Colts,Boys,Pats,Saints)

ajs723

St.Steven

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 1

1 Home 3 Away (Colts,Boys,Chargers,Saints)

Proteus

Peens

Pikerbkb

JJ1223

1 Home 3 Away (Chiefs,Boys,Chargers,Eagles)

eg4190

• Like 1

Colts

Rams

Chargers

Saints

enjoy a great weekend of football everyone.

• Like 2

Colts

Rams

Pats

Saints

Alot of coin flips here. Would love to see rivers take it home, he deserves it - but i just think patriots experience comes in to play here.

Colts and chiefs the obvious shootout of the group, both offenses can put up points. Chiefs strongest component on defense is on the dline, vs the oline of colts which is their strength on O - effectivley negating each other. Can colts contain mahomes? Would be smart to drain the game with mack and keep the ball out of mahomes hands like baltimore did. Could be whoever has the ball last in this one.

Rams should take care of business against the cowboys, although goff off the bye has been horrible aside from two cupcake confidence booster matchups to end the season. Rams allowing the highest YPC on defense which could lead to another zeke show, but ultimatley i believe goff puts it together like early season goff and the cowboys just wont be able to matchup with all the rams weapons. 

Betting against the eagles here, which probably isnt smart but i think eagles would have to shock the world to make it through the saints at home (sound familiar?). The saints wont let the eagles escape if nick foles makes the same mistakes he did against the bears. And although this eagles defense has been over performing, i still have my doubts about that secondary. A qb like brees should find a way to slice that inexperienced secondary.

• Like 1

Chiefs are going to go up 20 points at half time and everyone is going to think they are legit.

Then they are going to blow it because that is what they do.