Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

Does Julio even like football? He seems to do just enough to keep his paycheck and a little more to get a raise. I know a guy where I used to work that was just like that.

giphy.gif

I've never owned Julio and I'm sorta glad I probably never will /csb

Ridley season is closer than we think.

Edited by sSektor

Relax folks! He's on pace for 1266 yards which is very disappointing but end of day he's one big game back to usual avg of 1600 yards. Owning Julio as your sole WR 1 is not an ideal strategy hence he needs to be tagged with another Elite WR and this has been known for last 2-3 years so don't get mad now. 

Matt Ryan doesn't look his way and sadly Julio is double teamed every play. We've seen one game with Schuab what Julio can do. It's all on Matt Ryan and inept ability to feed the best WR in football. 

9 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I've never owned Julio and I'm sorta glad I probably never will /csb

Ridley season is closer than we think.

I really don’t understand the hate. I’ve owned him for the past 6 years in my dynasty. Since 2014 the guy has only missed 3 GAMES. Count them 3 games since the start of the 2014 season. And he’s been a consistent Top 5 WR every year. Exactly what are you guys expecting out of him? I don’t understand it I really don’t.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

I really don’t understand the hate. I’ve owned him for the past 6 years in my dynasty. Since 2014 the guy has only missed 3 GAMES. Count them 3 games since the start of the 2014 season. And he’s been a consistent Top 5 WR every year. Exactly what are you guys expecting out of him? I don’t understand it I really don’t.

Typical Over reaction by folks. Last year people complained about his td's 

Week 1-8 = 0 Tds (World is ending)

Week 9-11 = 3 tds (He's back)

Week 12-13 = 0 tds (WTF julio I need you for playoffs and your throwing duds again)

Week 14-16 = 4 tds (League Winner)

It's Julio guys he will get his 8 tds and he's at 4 tds now. As a Julio owner with a bye in the horizon his time will come. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

I think most people's issue with Julio is his usage. He can obviously win you a week but the Falcons are also content with just letting him draw coverage all game. It's happened a lot more often than you should feel comfortable with from your WR1. I think Julio has had like 2 monster games all the times I've matched up against his owner over the years. 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:33 AM, dynst1988 said:

Typical Over reaction by folks. Last year people complained about his td's 

Week 1-8 = 0 Tds (World is ending)

Week 9-11 = 3 tds (He's back)

Week 12-13 = 0 tds (WTF julio I need you for playoffs and your throwing duds again)

Week 14-16 = 4 tds (League Winner)

It's Julio guys he will get his 8 tds and he's at 4 tds now. As a Julio owner with a bye in the horizon his time will come. 

4 TD week coming Week 17.

Not a league winner for me last year, by the way.  While my opponent's Antonio Brown was putting up 185 and 2 against me in title game, Julio was giving me 28 and 1.  He did go on to have his second best game of the season, though, the following week, helping no one.

Edited by Bastardo!

In a must-win game for me this week...I really hope he suits up. I hate that they play on Thursday, I bet if was a Sunday game we'd be in the clear but this short turnaround is making me really nervous.

13 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

In a must-win game for me this week...I really hope he suits up. I hate that they play on Thursday, I bet if was a Sunday game we'd be in the clear but this short turnaround is making me really nervous.

Just grab gage and you will get the same production if Julio sits

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Just grab gage and you will get the same production if Julio sits

Plus maybe a shot at a touchdown.

• Haha 4

This guy is literally making or breaking lots of leagues......we just need him to play well for the last 4 weeks. PLEASE

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Any news?

Falcons RB Devonta Freeman (foot) will return to action against the Saints on Thursday night, while Julio Jones (shoulder) is questionable and Austin Hooper (MCL) remains out.

Source: Field Yates

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Falcons RB Devonta Freeman (foot) will return to action against the Saints on Thursday night, while Julio Jones (shoulder) is questionable and Austin Hooper (MCL) remains out.

Thanks...

...and ughz- Thursday games really mess things up

Hopefully there will be more clarity later this afternoon.  If he is a true GTD then with the late game and lineups locking, it's unfortunate that folks will have to make a decision to either ride with him or bench him not knowing.

5 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Was this based on todays practice reports?

It's pretty simple for me.

Julio is in, he's in my lineup.

Julio is out, slide him to the IR spot and grab Gage. 

The Atlanta Falcons listed the star receiver as questionable for Thursday night's kickoff against the New Orleans Saints.

Jones battled a shoulder injury in Sunday's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but was able to return and played 45 snaps. The wideout went through walkthrough on Wednesday after missing sessions earlier in the week.

Coach Dan Quinn said in a conference call that the decision with Jones would come down to how the receiver's shoulder feels before kickoff. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Jones is optimistic that he'll be able to play.

If Jones can't go, Matt Ryan will lean on Calvin Ridley and Russell Gage in the passing game against the division rival Saints.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001081282/article/falcons-julio-jones-shoulder-questionable-vs-saints