Boudewijn

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, DJSatane said:

as suspected the tanking falcons taking no chances

You’re suggesting that Julio Jones some how helps with getting wins. I can assure you he’s doesn’t. 

• Thanks 1

lol

[...]

#1 - JJ is a Top 5 WR in the league based on talent

#2 - He's dependent on his QB, and Ryan and the entire O-line has taken a dump this season. It's not his fault his FF stats are what they are

#3 - I can't see benching him unless you have other Top 10 WR's on your bench, but I can't see that being the case often. He's due for a couple monster games...let's just hope, like Hopkins, they come during the playoffs.

#4 - I guess that's it. lol. I don't want to blame him, but then you see Fitzmagic and Devante Parker balling out in Miami, and you gotta wonder WTF is up with JJ this year.

In the end...I would never call this dude even AVERAGE...he's elite....just being doubled a lot, and Ryan being forced into other reads for some reason. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Julio Jones (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

Coach Dan Quinn expects Jones to be back out there this week against the Panthers after missing Thanksgiving versus the Saints.  Julio will immediately return to his usual WR1 role as a decoy opening up the field for Austin Hooper.

• Haha 1

Love everyone's positive feedback for JJ but @ some point we need to face reality and facts.........no TDs since Week 3 and playing injured. JJ doesn't care about his fantasy owners because he doesn't need to. So why the love????

1 minute ago, mtx said:

Love everyone's positive feedback for JJ but @ some point we need to face reality and facts.........no TDs since Week 3 and playing injured. JJ doesn't care about his fantasy owners because he doesn't need to. So why the love????

I don't think it's "love" as much as hopeful desperation.  You can't bench the guy because, as soon as you do, he'll put up a monster game, so you kind of have to just hope for the best and eat what you get.

39 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

This is the game where someone gets fired, because Julio goes off and these stats will pad him for next year as a top 7 wr.

Yup, sham city. 

I lost a championship because I benched AB a couple of years ago on a Monday night game and he was a game-time decision going into Sunday night.

If Julio is playing (and it looks like he will be), you absolutely start him. He's had over a week rest and he was a game-time decision last week.

4 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

here_lies.jpg

beautiful! traded for both of them after a 4 game win streak that brought me to 5-4 and sitting 2 games ahead in the playoff hunt...ended the season 5-8 and on the outside looking in.

24 minutes ago, Semitar said:

I lost a championship because I benched AB a couple of years ago on a Monday night game and he was a game-time decision going into Sunday night.

If Julio is playing (and it looks like he will be), you absolutely start him. He's had over a week rest and he was a game-time decision last week.

No way you bench him, but he likely does what he does best, let us down. 

17 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

Julio hasn't had his monster game yet 

It's coming Week 17 vs the Bucs.

• Haha 3

I'm starting him if he looks normal in practice.

He's playing at home with Matt Ryan. It ain't that bad...

End of days for Julio Jones. I admit it. Still a damn good receiver, just not the guy he used to be. Ridley, like Julio did to Roddy, will become #1 guy next year in his third season.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, FitzMagic said:

End of days for Julio Jones. I admit it. Still a damn good receiver, just not the guy he used to be. Ridley, like Julio did to Roddy, will become #1 guy next year in his third season.

Could be, but he doesn't really look like he's playing any worse than he has in years past... the opportunities in the red zone are just non-existent.

He's top 4 in average yards per game and top 6 for total yardage on the season despite missing a game. The fact that he's 14th in total targets and 19th in total receptions is the telling tale of his fantasy season however (along side the obvious lack of TDs). So I wouldn't say he's not the guy he used to be from a talent outlook, he's making good use of the opportunities he gets, but from a fantasy standpoint the ship does look like it's raising its sails soonish.