Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

On 1/10/2019 at 6:26 AM, The_Truth_Returns said:

TY Hilton > ODB

 

Don't let the occasional one handed grab fool you.

I love TY Hilton and think he is underrated but this is ridiculous.

 

Odell had most receptions ever through a players first 15 games, fastest to 100 receptions, highest average ypg for a rookie ever, only player to ever record 1,200+ yards in 12 or less games, and he has various other records. He has 1,300 and 10+ every season he has been healthy. If Odell had Luck, he would be putting up 1,500+ and 12+ every season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmaoooo this dude said Godwin for Odell 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Someone gonna break their phone screen pressing reject so hard 

Bill to Odell right now

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I love TY Hilton and think he is underrated but this is ridiculous.

 

Odell had most receptions ever through a players first 15 games, fastest to 100 receptions, highest average ypg for a rookie ever, only player to ever record 1,200+ yards in 12 or less games, and he has various other records. He has 1,300 and 10+ every season he has been healthy. If Odell had Luck, he would be putting up 1,500+ and 12+ every season. 

I wish my league carried over points from previous years...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

I wish my league carried over points from previous years...

I’m talking about a real life perspective. Sure, in fantasy it’s close because Colts have Luck but in real life Odell is a better player than TY.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

At this point, it looks like OBJ is a serious value. The idea of possibly getting him in the late 2nd is real nice.

I don’t think anyone who went rb in the 1st would pass on OBJ in the 2nd rd...late 2nd in a draft taking place in Dallas, maybe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Poor o-line play specifically pass protection

2.Immobile QB who can't buy time with his legs

3. Run first team being built around Barkley

4. injury prone wr who says too many negative things about the team to the media

 

I don't know what OBJ is worth anymore but talent aside his situation is not ideal for a 1st rd pick

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dashoe said:

1. Poor o-line play specifically pass protection

2.Immobile QB who can't buy time with his legs

3. Run first team being built around Barkley

4. injury prone wr who says too many negative things about the team to the media

 

I don't know what OBJ is worth anymore but talent aside his situation is not ideal for a 1st rd pick

 

Hill, Hopkins, Thomas, Julio, Adams, juju

 

Those are the WRs I'll take before Odell at the moment. Puts him somewhere in the middle or end of rnd 2.

 

what are your WRs ahead of him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Hill, Hopkins, Thomas, Julio, Adams, juju

 

Those are the WRs I'll take before Odell at the moment. Puts him somewhere in the middle or end of rnd 2.

 

what are your WRs ahead of him?

 

The giants are a freaking mess as currently constructed and people keep pretending that they are not. Shumur +getleman want a run first ball control barkley offense. 

So to add to your list

AB, thielen ,evans, AJG,TY, amari

and honorable mention goes to EDELMAN, dude is amazingly consistent every week in PPR 15-20pts.

 

I also like keenan and woods for value plays.

I don't have a strong view on OBJ because i have to see what the giants do this offseason.  You can make the volume argument OBJ gets 10-11 targets a game  however it's bad passes  and slants where he doesnt get a shot to break one and you can't argue against his fragility. injury predictor has him  at 53% chance for injury and  a high probablility to mis 7 games in 2019. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t trust an injury predictor at first glance. How accurate have you found it to be?

 

As far as OBJ, even with a bad team situation, a bad QB, the ball constantly going to Barkley...Odell still put up 77-1052-6 in 12 games (a 16-game pace for 103-1403-8). So when healthy he still put up good numbers. Now, the injury concern is real. He’s played 16 games once, and I’m not sure if his 15-game season was a case of sitting the final game or not (too lazy to look it up lol). 

So while he’s still productive, even in a crappy offense with a crappy QB, there has to be a discount for injury concerns. I wouldn’t trust him as a 1st round pick. Second round? Sure, but anyone taking him in the first is taking a huge gamble and passing over safer players. Imo. 

Disclaimer: I’m a huge LSU fan and biased in favor of OBJ. Lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 At the NFL Combine, Giants GM Dave Gettleman told the media: “We didn’t sign Odell (Beckham) to trade him. That’s all I need to say about that.”

 

I don't really buy this. Yeah they maybe didn't sign him initially to to trade him, but with the time.

And now we're having a lot of good WR on the market (FA or trade block), so maybe they don't know if there's enough bidders who are willing to open their purses wide enough for the Giants.

Edited by thebadferret
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 At the NFL Combine, Giants GM Dave Gettleman told the media: “We didn’t sign Odell (Beckham) to trade him. That’s all I need to say about that.”

 

That would be meaningful if the question asked were, “Mr.Gettleman, did you sign Beckham to trade him?”

Otherwise, Gettleman’s quote does little to answer the more relevant question of, “Are you open to trading Beckham now”?

Seems to me Gettleman simply fancies that answer as a means of avoiding the real question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Giants are "not averse" to an Odell Beckham trade.

Additionally, La Canfora reports coach Pat Shurmur is "at wits end on how to manage" Beckham. OBJ is a mega talent but, like a lot of receivers, has some diva to him and can be a chore to handle, especially when things are going sour like they were for the hapless Giants in 2018. OBJ called out the play-calling at times and continued his sideline mini-meltdowns. GM Dave Gettleman reiterated Wednesday at the Combine that "we didn't sign him to trade him" in regards to OBJ, but there has been a whole lot of smoke on this front in recent weeks. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. La Canfora says the 49ers and Raiders would be the "most likely strong suitors."

SOURCE: CBS Sports
Feb 27, 2019, 4:31 PM
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Giants are "not averse" to an Odell Beckham trade.

Additionally, La Canfora reports coach Pat Shurmur is "at wits end on how to manage" Beckham. OBJ is a mega talent but, like a lot of receivers, has some diva to him and can be a chore to handle, especially when things are going sour like they were for the hapless Giants in 2018. OBJ called out the play-calling at times and continued his sideline mini-meltdowns. GM Dave Gettleman reiterated Wednesday at the Combine that "we didn't sign him to trade him" in regards to OBJ, but there has been a whole lot of smoke on this front in recent weeks. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. La Canfora says the 49ers and Raiders would be the "most likely strong suitors."

SOURCE: CBS Sports
Feb 27, 2019, 4:31 PM

 

 

Soooo. . .Diggs and Thieln were not diva's?

I am going to throw the challenge flag on that one, how many times did we see Thielen put his hands on his hips or Diggs jog and not sprint to the huddle in utter contempt of the playcalling and QB play 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Any attempt to put Diggs or Thielen in the same diva class as Brown, TO, or Ochocinco - is, flatly, hilarious.

 

Sorry dude the eyes don't lie, peer into the eyes of Theilen+Diggs and you will see the souls of divas . . .👁️

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dashoe said:

 

Sorry dude the eyes don't lie, peer into the eyes of Theilen+Diggs and you will see the souls of divas . . .👁️

No need for apology - I think “agree to disagree” applies here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 6:30 PM, bhawks489 said:

Hill, Hopkins, Thomas, Julio, Adams, juju

 

Those are the WRs I'll take before Odell at the moment. Puts him somewhere in the middle or end of rnd 2.

 

what are your WRs ahead of him?

 

I'd take TY over him but would take him over JuJu and Julio.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, Gohawks said:

I’m talking about a real life perspective. Sure, in fantasy it’s close because Colts have Luck but in real life Odell is a better player than TY.

 

I also have TY ranked higher than ODB. Don't think he is 'better', just like the situation a lot more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I also have TY ranked higher than ODB. Don't think he is 'better', just like the situation a lot more.

 

A healthy TY+ a healthy Luck is more reliable on a weekly basis than a healthy OBJ+ Eli. OBJ will give you a higher ceiling but I prefer the weekly predictability of the TY+Luck combo like I prefer the Brady+edelman combo on a weekly basis

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...