The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, yossarian said:

one of my teams is doing quite well this season. I might try to trade for OBJ just for that playoff schedule--I think I can afford to offload somebody like Golladay for him. 

I did this trade last week. I sent Golladay and Darrel Williams for him. The OBJ was 0-4 at the time... he's now 0-5 lol 

13 minutes ago, NyZD said:

Yes he is getting in the HOF based off 8 games and two historic and memorable Super Bowls exactly that and compiling stats.. Joe Namath is in the HOF then we should take him out as well to go along with dozens of other players like that. This argument is dumb and there is never a winner those Super Bowls are so intrenched with the history of the NFL especially with how dominant the Pats have been. Therefor he will make it into the HOF simple.

soooo...Eli Manning should get in to the HoF because...the Pats were really good? ok. :rolleyes:

Joe Namath was the first NFL QB to throw for more than 4000 yards in a season. He did it in a 14 game season, something no other QB ever did. He went to one more pro bowl than Eli (pro bowls can be dubious ways to track a player's quality, i admit), He was AFL player of the year a couple times. For at least a few seasons he was the best QB in the league. He won one of the most famous Super Bowls ever(this is where Eli compares favorably, I think) and helped legitimize the AFL after the merger when everybody thought it was a minor league. Did Eli every have a season where he finished even in the top 3? 

Also I like that you called my argument "dumb" and called me "uneducated" in your reply for daring to question why your team's long term, mostly mediocre, interception prone QB should have a reserved seat in the Hall of Fame. Super classy.   

I think if you can get OBJ for a low tier 2 player and you are sitting on a good record you might want to do it. I just can't believe a guy who's shown the way he's shown in the past can be this bad all season. Mayfield has to put it together at least a little bit, right?

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Crazy.

Why? Tevin Coleman had 16 carries in his first game back with a team that is great at rushing. Beckham looks beyond awful. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yossarian said:

soooo...Eli Manning should get in to the HoF because...the Pats were really good? ok. :rolleyes:

Joe Namath was the first NFL QB to throw for more than 4000 yards in a season. He did it in a 14 game season, something no other QB ever did. He went to one more pro bowl than Eli (pro bowls can be dubious ways to track a player's quality, i admit), He was AFL player of the year a couple times. For at least a few seasons he was the best QB in the league. He won one of the most famous Super Bowls ever(this is where Eli compares favorably, I think) and helped legitimize the AFL after the merger when everybody thought it was a minor league. Did Eli every have a season where he finished even in the top 3? 

I am not trying to get into an argument or even have a discussion regarding this and no he didn't have a top 3 season obviously I know that ... simply letting you know how the voters view it and the reasons to why he will get it. 🙂

1 minute ago, NyZD said:

I am not trying to get into an argument or even have a discussion regarding this and no he didn't have a top 3 season obviously I know that ... simply letting you know how the voters view it and the reasons to why he will get it. 🙂

too late! you're in an argument! we're having a discussion! it already happened! no turning back now!

Edited by yossarian
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Why? Tevin Coleman had 16 carries in his first game back with a team that is great at rushing. Beckham looks beyond awful. 

I get why someone may want to sell low on Beckham. But for Coleman? What’s the point? That’s a crazy desperate trade

Edited by jsch08

Just now, yossarian said:

too late! you're in an argument! we're having a discussion! it already happened! no turning back now!

You know what I mean nobody wins.. Point is he had two of the most fun super bowl runs ever with some ridiculous plays in them people remember that type of stuff and for those type of reasons he will get in. I can't argue his TD/INT ratio with you obviously among other stats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsch08 said:

I get why someone may want to sell low on Beckham. But for Coleman? What’s the point? That’s a crazy desperate trade

I don’t think it is. Coleman could be great. We all know what we’re getting in Beckham at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, NyZD said:

You know what I mean nobody wins.. Point is he had two of the most fun super bowl runs ever with some ridiculous plays in them people remember that type of stuff and for those type of reasons he will get in. I can't argue his TD/INT ratio with you obviously among other stats.

and I can't argue those Super Bowl wins. Even though I was still cheering for Washington at the time I enjoyed them immensely and love that the Pats are 2 Super Bowl wins less because of those Giants. He probably will get in the HoF and honestly--I won't be mad. 

2 hours ago, GoddardsTools said:

Got a offer for Tevin Coleman. No brainer accept right

Yes if you can still get coleman for him take and run

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I hope the Coleman owner thinks like you. Beckham has a pretty name and that’s about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I hope the Coleman owner thinks like you. Beckham has a pretty name and that’s about it. 

Coleman is in a timeshare. I’m out on that. Go get Marlon Mack 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Coleman is in a timeshare. I’m out on that. Go get Marlon Mack 

We haven’t seen enough. He had 16 carries in his first game back from injury. They are the best running team in the league and he could be the goal line back. 

7 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Good luck. Maybe you can get the Coleman owner to throw in Ty Johnson while you’re at it.

If I am panicking and trading OBJ I would shoot much higher like Mack or Jacobs. Don’t see a point to Coleman.

Edited by jsch08
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

We haven’t seen enough. He had 16 carries in his first game back from injury. They are the best running team in the league and he could be the goal line back. 

Let me say I’m not bashing you, it could work out. Just know Breida is there stealing work as well, and he’s looked explosive for two years now. 

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Let me say I’m not bashing you, it could work out. Just know Breida is there stealing work as well, and he’s looked explosive for two years now. 

He's also made of glass...

9 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Good luck. Maybe you can get the Coleman owner to throw in Ty Johnson while you’re at it.

If I am panicking and trading OBJ I would shoot much higher like Mack or Jacobs. Don’t see a point to Coleman.

Thinking about it but what if I get laughed out of the league?

17 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I own Jacobs already. You really think someone will give up Mack for Beckham lol? Ty Johnson was a lotto ticket that I had for 1 week to see if he got any run. Any other ridiculous thoughts, opinions? 

2 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I own Jacobs already. You really think someone will give up Mack for Beckham lol? Ty Johnson was a lotto ticket that I had for 1 week to see if he got any run. Any other ridiculous thoughts, opinions? 

Please, you corner the market on ridiculous opinions #1kerryonhater.

The Mack owner may not. Maybe he would if he was deep at rb, who knows. You don’t have to trade Beckham. You could, you know, bench him to see if it turns around. What is Coleman going to do? I’d rather wait for an RB injury and speculate on that for free than have Coleman who would never crack my lineup and is low upside.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, brosephd said:

anyone draft obj as their first round pick?

Yep. I picked him #14 overall in a 14 team keeper league (keepers cost 1 round earlier than last years round, so no 1st round picks are ever eligible to be kept, thus his availability)  with my wheel I took Leonard Fournette.    Players taken directly after my picks were as follow:  

Kerryon Johnson, Mike Evans, Davante Adams (keeper), Amari Cooper, Zach Ertz, James White, Josh Jacobs, Devonta Freeman (keeper)

3 hours ago, yossarian said:

Also I like that you called my argument "dumb" and called me "uneducated" in your reply for daring to question why your team's long term, mostly mediocre, interception prone QB should have a reserved seat in the Hall of Fame. Super classy.   

I think if you can get OBJ for a low tier 2 player and you are sitting on a good record you might want to do it. I just can't believe a guy who's shown the way he's shown in the past can be this bad all season. Mayfield has to put it together at least a little bit, right?

Trashing a QB top-10 all time in TDs and yards with 2 SB MVPs as a non HOF is as foolish as the crowd who thought a 2nd yr QB would be an upgrade for OBJ. Comparing Eli to Namath is laughable.

The performance on the field is showing how wrong you are. Mayfield needs to do fewer commercials and more targeting of OBJ.

• Like 2

While the panic meter is running high as it should be the overreacting here is a bit too much. Run your team as you please but I agree with others who said it seems pretty foolish to sell for a price of something like a Coleman or Ridley. Guys like that upside is capped. 

Obj when healthy has been a top 5 play at his position his entire career. He’s not the problem, it’s the coaching and qb obviously. That’s a positive imo. If he had lost a step or had a nagging injury that was preventing him from producing I’d be more worried. 

I know it might be a long shot but we just have to hope this coaching staff takes notice from this ugly blowout loss that they need to make some changes playcalling wise because they are not currently getting it done 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Trashing a QB top-10 all time in TDs and yards with 2 SB MVPs as a non HOF is as foolish as the crowd who thought a 2nd yr QB would be an upgrade for OBJ. Comparing Eli to Namath is laughable.

When you look at the numbers, what stands out is his insane amount of interceptions relative to his TD's, and his passer rating lands him between Joe Flacco and Mark Brunell.  Not a shoe in HoF'er

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdko said:

When you look at the numbers, what stands out is his insane amount of interceptions relative to his TD's, and his passer rating lands him between Joe Flacco and Mark Brunell.  Not a shoe in HoF'er

That logic will fall as flat as OBJ has without Eli this year. Laughable how twisted in knots the Eli haters are in badmouthing his career. You were all given the prime test case: OBJ with Baker as his QB -- and it has failed miserably. Admit you were wrong and move on.

• Like 2