The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Well, I bought into this sh** show, thinking there's absolutely no way it can continue to be this bad. I sent Josh Gordon and Dak for OBJ and John Brown in a 10 team 3WR 1QB 1 Flex league for reference on market. Think I did okay there given my roster. 

I think the 49ers game was about as bad as it gets and HOPEFULLY the coaching staff sees the neccessity to get the ball in his hands quickly, they seemed to be circling the drain on doing so but went about it the wrong way... hoping for a steady dose of slants, screens, etc. so he can house call a few. Good luck boys!!!!! 

Just to gauge his value right now, what would you be willing to trade OBJ for right now? For the owners who have sold, what have you gotten back?

Edited by Castavar
  • Like 1

I have on offer on the tablet to trade Jacobs, and get OBJ. I think better days ahead for Beckham but I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger.

26 minutes ago, JPT said:

I have on offer on the tablet to trade Jacobs, and get OBJ. I think better days ahead for Beckham but I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Not sure if that was on purpose, but I like it.

• Haha 1

Yeah, I would rather risk it with OBJ and go down with the ship, then offload him for a Coleman/Ridley type, those guys aren't gonna win you anything...

Now a Jacobs for OBJ I would take in a heartbeat, but I doubt anyone's doing that at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Just to gauge his value right now, what would you be willing to trade OBJ for right now? For the owners who have sold, what have you gotten back?

The spectrum seems to range from fringe flex guys to high end rb2.

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

im'ma come at this from the uddah side of the table ... team hurtin' at RB in one of my leegs offered me OBJ (i'm kinda thin at wr, hoping to get 'Reek back this week) for Ingram. 

dunno. 

i already have Chubbola in said leeg, so that has me kinda wavering, though i do think it's a great deal for me 🤷‍♂️

ETA: trading partner from above also has Lamar, so he's lookin' to stack that ground game, obviously.

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

I traded for OBJ and Breida, and gave Cooper with Miles Sanders.  Really good trade for the other owner, I know.. but at 1-3 I needed to fill my RB2 because my options were Miles Sanders, Latavius Murray, Alexander Mattison, Malcolm Brown, and Chase Edmonds.  Non-playables..

I’d try to swap for mike Evans owner

8 hours ago, jsch08 said:

Please, you corner the market on ridiculous opinions #1kerryonhater.

The Mack owner may not. Maybe he would if he was deep at rb, who knows. You don’t have to trade Beckham. You could, you know, bench him to see if it turns around. What is Coleman going to do? I’d rather wait for an RB injury and speculate on that for free than have Coleman who would never crack my lineup and is low upside.

Lol! I was wrong about KJ, big deal! I’m actually trading for him right now. He still hasn’t impressed me much but I’ll take the volume. This post is going to age well. I will quote you again after Tevin blows up. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Haha 1

just sent him for mixon, i feel dirty but he said he needed WRs, little does he know...

Edited by Novaray

I traded Fitzgerald, Olsen & Demarcus Robinson for OBJ.  With Tyreek back, he is my 3rd wr.  Though I'm obviously hoping the Browns can figure things out. That or he gets traded to the Patriots. lol 

21 hours ago, Bish0p said:

How was he not wrong? Id like to hear your argument, honestly.  With eli, odell was a top 3 wr in the league, with trashfield? Im guessing in the 25-30 range, im too lazy to look it up.

Its still too early...Eli is no longer a starter for good reason. One can make an argument Odell prolonged Eli's starting streak.

I bought in and traded away Waller and Alshon. My strategy was to fill in my TE void with Hunter Henry, but I just lost my bid by $1!! Now I'm stuck with Jared Cook and Vance McDonald. Hopefully I survive 😭

10 minutes ago, eyeahmdarck said:

I bought in and traded away Waller and Alshon. My strategy was to fill in my TE void with Hunter Henry, but I just lost my bid by $1!! Now I'm stuck with Jared Cook and Vance McDonald. Hopefully I survive 😭

Ouch, you got fleeced. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, goke said:

Its still too early...Eli is no longer a starter for good reason. One can make an argument Odell prolonged Eli's starting streak.

So....Odell can save the career of a QB who doesn't deserve to play but can't do SHEE I IT with a QB that is supposedly much, much better?

Makes perfect sense.

Baker may be more accurate, or this or that, but he SUCKS under pressure. Eli played with a line just as bad, if not worst and he still got the ball to Eli. That's also with ZERO running game. OBJ was it....the only option and Eli still got him the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, this guy right here said:

So....Odell can save the career of a QB who doesn't deserve to play but can't do SHEE I IT with a QB that is supposedly much, much better?

Makes perfect sense.

Baker may be more accurate, or this or that, but he SUCKS under pressure. Eli played with a line just as bad, if not worst and he still got the ball to Eli. That's also with ZERO running game. OBJ was it....the only option and Eli still got him the ball.

probably more about play calling than the QB if you want to go there...

CLE game plan was just awful. Reminded me of my high school coaching (and that's not a dig at my HS coaching, it worked fine in HS lol).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Castavar said:

Just dumped him for Waller and Mclaurin, I had OJ and Herndon at TE. 

I have Godwin, Chark for my other WRS

Edited by mortman212

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

probably more about play calling than the QB if you want to go there...

CLE game plan was just awful. Reminded me of my high school coaching (and that's not a dig at my HS coaching, it worked fine in HS lol).

I'll give you that. 

• Like 1