The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Man, hearing these trade hauls just makes me want to keep Beckham.  

I don't care how awful his situation looks - and I do think there's a higher chance he is a WR2 than a WR1 - but selling him for flex and low-tier WR2/RB2 players just isn't' worth it for me.  

Beckham has a higher upside than any of these players because of his elite talent.  I'd rather gamble on that than settle for mediocrity.  

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Man, hearing these trade hauls just makes me want to keep Beckham.  

I don't care how awful his situation looks - and I do think there's a higher chance he is a WR2 than a WR1 - but selling him for flex and low-tier WR2/RB2 players just isn't' worth it for me.  

Beckham has a higher upside than any of these players because of his elite talent.  I'd rather gamble on that than settle for mediocrity.  

I agree... Beckham for Alshon Jeffery ?🤢 and examples like that not a chance in hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Man, hearing these trade hauls just makes me want to keep Beckham.  

I don't care how awful his situation looks - and I do think there's a higher chance he is a WR2 than a WR1 - but selling him for flex and low-tier WR2/RB2 players just isn't' worth it for me.  

Beckham has a higher upside than any of these players because of his elite talent.  I'd rather gamble on that than settle for mediocrity.  

I agree... I’ll take the gamble on them figuring it out. Browns know that they can’t not get a top 5 talent like OBJ involved. People are panicking hardcore, great time to buy low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought him in a trade a week ago and I was disappointed by the browns on Monday night but if you're thinking about benching him or trading him for crap you're dead wrong he's gonna have weeks where he busts out. This is a team that still has two games each with the Steelers and cincy and also plays Miami and Denver who stink I still have faith 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattmac0912 said:

I bought him in a trade a week ago and I was disappointed by the browns on Monday night but if you're thinking about benching him or trading him for crap you're dead wrong he's gonna have weeks where he busts out. This is a team that still has two games each with the Steelers and cincy and also plays Miami and Denver who stink I still have faith 

Honestly Cincy is the only team of those 4 that OBJ should be locked to have a plus game. He’ll see, Harris and Howard when they play Miami and Denver and the Steelers are getting at the qb, so that one could look like the Niners game from Monday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Man, hearing these trade hauls just makes me want to keep Beckham.  

I don't care how awful his situation looks - and I do think there's a higher chance he is a WR2 than a WR1 - but selling him for flex and low-tier WR2/RB2 players just isn't' worth it for me.  

Beckham has a higher upside than any of these players because of his elite talent.  I'd rather gamble on that than settle for mediocrity.  

That is exactly what you would be doing. I'd rather have an RB 2 than have this turd on my team. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aiming to buy him in any/all leagues I'm in, given his late-season and playoff schedule:

Week 11: v Steelers
Week 12: v Dolphins
Week 13: @ Steelers
Week 14: v Bengals
Week 15: @ Cardinals
Week 16: v Ravens

Steelers have a bit of a pass rush, but the rest are borderline anaemic. If the Browns are still anywhere near a sniff of playoff contention, this is the kind of guy I want powering my roster. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna have to wait for a blow up game cause no one will take him in my league. I was offered Ronald Jones, LOL. I tried and failed with Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Someone offered me OBJ for my AJG....I'll take this to the assistant coach forum. 

Take 

Edited by affliction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Man, hearing these trade hauls just makes me want to keep Beckham.  

I don't care how awful his situation looks - and I do think there's a higher chance he is a WR2 than a WR1 - but selling him for flex and low-tier WR2/RB2 players just isn't' worth it for me.  

Beckham has a higher upside than any of these players because of his elite talent.  I'd rather gamble on that than settle for mediocrity. 

Michael Gallup has the same stats as Odell and he's already missed two games this year. And he very well could put up a better year than OBJ.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To those who have been wondering in recent posts about Odell's potential trade value, I just swung a deal in an auction keeper league. I traded Odell and am receiving Carson/E.Sanders.

The owner trading for Odell is struggling at WR, while at RB he had Kamara/Carson/L.Bell/Ingram (and you can only start a max of 3 RB's per week, so he had one of those RB's on the bench each week). I think deals like this are the best type of deals to target, if you are looking to trade away Odell. Trade him to a team that has a surplus at RB...though obviously that's easier said than done, as not many owners end up with 4 RB's like the above. With that said, I also had Odell for Golladay on the table and the Golladay owner messaged he would do it a split-second after the Carson owner accepted.

So in my experience, Odell still has value from owners wanting him and willing to part with good players. 

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

 

confirms how bad Mayfield has been. question is, do you have faith it will turn around....some do

 

What we learned

With time, Mayfield is going to start connecting with Beckham. Kitchens is calling plays that open Beckham and that will translate into productivity soon.

Of course, much of this is on Mayfield’s shoulders to read both his presnap reads and overall progressions, which will make identifying when Beckham is or will be open easier.

Mayfield is the quarterback, picked first overall for a reason. Beckham -- one of football’s great talents -- is open. The tape doesn’t lie and Mayfield is watching the same film we are.

He already knows all this. Now it’s time to act on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corleone said:

To those who have been wondering in recent posts about Odell's potential trade value, I just swung a deal in an auction keeper league. I traded Odell and am receiving Carson/E.Sanders.

The owner trading for Odell is struggling at WR, while at RB he had Kamara/Carson/L.Bell/Ingram (and you can only start a max of 3 RB's per week, so he had one of those RB's on the bench each week). I think deals like this are the best type of deals to target, if you are looking to trade away Odell. Trade him to a team that has a surplus at RB...though obviously that's easier said than done, as not many owners end up with 4 RB's like the above. With that said, I also had Odell for Golladay on the table and the Golladay owner messaged he would do it a split-second after the Carson owner accepted.

So in my experience, Odell still has value from owners wanting him and willing to part with good players. 

dirty man you took full advantage of that other owner

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mayfield is not going to turn it around and be a consistent QB for ODB. 

Reality:  He'll have more bad games than good games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Michael Gallup has the same stats as Odell and he's already missed two games this year. And he very well could put up a better year than OBJ.

 

 

I mean, there's a thousand different ways we can describe how disappointing Odell has been.  No one is denying that.  

That said, I'm just not willing to abandon ship and settle for low end RB2/WR2 type players.  I think it comes down to philosophy for me; I am not going to win a championship if I don't take some risks and chase upside.  

Odell has more upside than anyone I could trade him for.  The talent and history is all there.  Cleveland has a terrific second-half schedule.  Coaches/ownership will want to justify their investment in Odell (keep in mind they ate his salary gave and gave up assets).  

Do folks really think Cleveland is just going to sit there and be content with their star WR getting 2 receptions a game?  Of course not.  I think adjustments will come.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

 

I mean, there's a thousand different ways we can describe how disappointing Odell has been.  No one is denying that.  

That said, I'm just not willing to abandon ship and settle for low end RB2/WR2 type players.  I think it comes down to philosophy for me; I am not going to win a championship if I don't take some risks and chase upside.  

Odell has more upside than anyone I could trade him for.  The talent and history is all there.  Cleveland has a terrific second-half schedule.  Coaches/ownership will want to justify their investment in Odell (keep in mind they ate his salary gave and gave up assets).  

Do folks really think Cleveland is just going to sit there and be content with their star WR getting 2 receptions a game?  Of course not.  I think adjustments will come.  

Ugh...I tend to agree.  But thinking about the second half schedule reminds me that coming up, it's:

Seattle

Bye

New Enlgand

Denver

Buffalo

Not too worried about Seattle but after that, it looks rough.

Edited by K197040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Novaray said:

dirty man you took full advantage of that other owner

 

Dude we get what your opinion is on this matter. You don’t need to rehash it multiple times.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

 

Dude we get what your opinion is on this matter. You don’t need to rehash it multiple times.

you are on rotoworld forum, the whole point of this site is to talk in nonstop circles.  why do you think the damien williams thread has 160 pages

 

2nd reason to go on this forum is to spread doom and gloom on players you are trying to buy low 

Edited by Novaray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Ugh...I tend to agree.  But thinking about the second half schedule reminds me that coming up, it's:

Seattle

Bye

New Enlgand

Denver

Buffalo

Not too worried about Seattle but after that, it looks rough.

 

Yeah.  Not great.  Buffalo is scariest for me.  New England has only played High School teams so I am not convinced their defense is elite.  Also, given Mayfield's struggles, I am kind of expecting the Patriots to try to shutdown Chubb and the run game, and have Mayfield beat them in the air.  We'll see.  

FYI, just read this:  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/baker-mayfield-odell-beckham-is-frustrated-when-hes-not-getting-the-ball-and-were-losing.html

Quote

According to Next Gen, Mayfield and Beckham have the NFL’s worst completion rate of any QB-receiver duo in the league with a minimum of 10 targets at 30.8%.

 

I am going to bet on some positive regression here.  Yeah, I'm not a fan of Mayfield, but Beckham is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL.  I really, really doubt, he's going to remain at the bottom of the league in terms of completion rate.  

The targets will be there.  The talent is there.  The offense has a lot of potential.  The schedule is nice at year end.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rainyy said:

 

Yeah.  Not great.  Buffalo is scariest for me.  New England has only played High School teams so I am not convinced their defense is elite.  Also, given Mayfield's struggles, I am kind of expecting the Patriots to try to shutdown Chubb and the run game, and have Mayfield beat them in the air.  We'll see.  

FYI, just read this:  

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/10/baker-mayfield-odell-beckham-is-frustrated-when-hes-not-getting-the-ball-and-were-losing.html

 

I am going to bet on some positive regression here.  Yeah, I'm not a fan of Mayfield, but Beckham is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL.  I really, really doubt, he's going to remain at the bottom of the league in terms of completion rate.  

The targets will be there.  The talent is there.  The offense has a lot of potential.  The schedule is nice at year end.  

 

Sure, but if you find someone willing to buy that helps your team needs, why not? I saw a team who needed an RB2 and already had T. Hill/Godwin at WR....gave OBJ/Malcom Brown for Golladay/S. Michel in return, great haul imo. Another league I saw the OBJ owner got a 2 for 1 deal, got Michel paired with DJ Moore.

 

OBJ isn't a lock of a hold, but I agree don't dump him for peanuts either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 2:49 AM, joshua18 said:

 

That logic will fall as flat as OBJ has without Eli this year. Laughable how twisted in knots the Eli haters are in badmouthing his career. You were all given the prime test case: OBJ with Baker as his QB -- and it has failed miserably. Admit you were wrong and move on.

 

You first.  Eli is a mediocre QB who caught some incredible luck.  Now backing up a mediocre rookie.  Not a 1st ballot by a long shot.  Not sure how using OBJ's numbers somehow transforms Eli into a good QB.  You put OBJ into any system where he gets 13 targets a game should yield similar results.  Kitchens and Baker for whatever reason haven't figured this out.

Edited by kdko
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kdko said:

 

You first.  Eli is a mediocre QB who caught some incredible luck.  Now backing up a mediocre rookie.  Not a 1st ballot by a long shot.  Not sure how using OBJ's numbers somehow transforms Eli into a good QB.  You put OBJ into any system where he gets 13 targets a game should yield similar results.  Kitchens and Baker for whatever reason haven't figured this out.

 

And neither have you. Baker isn't, never was, and never will be a massive upgrade over Eli. I've been saying it, and OBJ's performance this year is proving it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Novaray said:

  why do you think the damien williams thread has 160 pages

Because fantasy football is serious business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.