The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

its all about options but i cant start him until he shows something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rainyy said:

 

I mean, there's a thousand different ways we can describe how disappointing Odell has been.  No one is denying that.  

That said, I'm just not willing to abandon ship and settle for low end RB2/WR2 type players.  I think it comes down to philosophy for me; I am not going to win a championship if I don't take some risks and chase upside.  

Odell has more upside than anyone I could trade him for.  The talent and history is all there.  Cleveland has a terrific second-half schedule.  Coaches/ownership will want to justify their investment in Odell (keep in mind they ate his salary gave and gave up assets).  

Do folks really think Cleveland is just going to sit there and be content with their star WR getting 2 receptions a game?  Of course not.  I think adjustments will come.  

I traded Odell away last year after started 1-4 and it changed my season and I ended up finishing second. The first week I traded for marlon Mack he put up 30 pts and I won that week. Mack wasn’t on Odell’s level at all as far as names go, but he put up numbers. I’m trying desperately to get a rb for him again this year. Everyone on here said I got fleeced and they were dead wrong. 

I would try to go after Mack again but the same owner has him again this year and I doubt he will make that same trade twice. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Do folks really think Cleveland is just going to sit there and be content with their star WR getting 2 receptions a game?  Of course not.  I think adjustments will come.  

I mean, this is the Browns we're talking about...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, affliction said:

its all about options but i cant start him until he shows something

Same. He’s on my bench until he has a good game, then I’ll try to trade him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta roll with him imo. His second half schedule is so juicy, and he doesn't even have WR1 "upside", he is one. One of the most explosive players in the league once the ball is in his hands. I feel like owners panicking don't have solid teams and were banking on Odell having a monster season, averaging 30 ftps per game. It's to be expected that he would have issues gelling with Baker initially. 

Mind you, some of the passes he's dropped are unacceptable for a player of his caliber. I feel like his confidence is there, just needs a run of good games. Hopefully Baker feeds Chubb early to open things up for Odell. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

Gotta roll with him imo. His second half schedule is so juicy, and he doesn't even have WR1 "upside", he is one. One of the most explosive players in the league once the ball is in his hands. I feel like owners panicking don't have solid teams and were banking on Odell having a monster season, averaging 30 ftps per game. It's to be expected that he would have issues gelling with Baker initially. 

Mind you, some of the passes he's dropped are unacceptable for a player of his caliber. I feel like his confidence is there, just needs a run of good games. Hopefully Baker feeds Chubb early to open things up for Odell. 

 

 

Or maybe he just isn’t the same player who burst onto the scene? You’re damn right we expect more than what he’s been giving us. He was some people’s 1st rd pick and he is absolutely hurting people’s teams. I can’t imagine anyone who picked him is doing well this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Or maybe he just isn’t the same player who burst onto the scene? You’re damn right we expect more than what he’s been giving us. He was some people’s 1st rd pick and he is absolutely hurting people’s teams. I can’t imagine anyone who picked him is doing well this year. 

I'm 3-2, but yes you did need to draft perfectly everywhere else Jacobs instead of Montgomery, Mclaurin etc stuff like that. Just trade him already dude you're repeating yourself over and over we get it, Earlier you said you'd deal him for Alshon just do it already lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NyZD said:

I'm 3-2, but yes you did need to draft perfectly everywhere else Jacobs instead of Montgomery, Mclaurin etc stuff like that. Just trade him already dude you're repeating yourself over and over we get it, Earlier you said you'd deal him for Alshon just do it already lol. 

3-2 myself, and you named my earners!! lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm abandoning ship everywhere I can.  I think Odell is a phenomenal player, but he's only as good as that O line and that isn't something that will be fixed over night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazyfingers711 said:

I'm abandoning ship everywhere I can.  I think Odell is a phenomenal player, but he's only as good as that O line and that isn't something that will be fixed over night.  

 

it's more a matter of game planning and play calling imo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Or maybe he just isn’t the same player who burst onto the scene? You’re damn right we expect more than what he’s been giving us. He was some people’s 1st rd pick and he is absolutely hurting people’s teams. I can’t imagine anyone who picked him is doing well this year. 

4-1 atm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had Tyler Lockett on the bench in favor of Odell all year.   Might have to grow some balls and pull him out, that way all you guys that leave him in can enjoy his 3 TD's.   I'll take one for the team.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

it's more a matter of game planning and play calling imo.


Except Baker has zero time to let anything develop... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NyZD said:

I'm 3-2, but yes you did need to draft perfectly everywhere else Jacobs instead of Montgomery, Mclaurin etc stuff like that. Just trade him already dude you're repeating yourself over and over we get it, Earlier you said you'd deal him for Alshon just do it already lol. 

3-2 here drafting OBJ, JuJu, and Montgomery with 3 of my first 4 picks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NyZD said:

I'm 3-2, but yes you did need to draft perfectly everywhere else Jacobs instead of Montgomery, Mclaurin etc stuff like that. Just trade him already dude you're repeating yourself over and over we get it, Earlier you said you'd deal him for Alshon just do it already lol. 

That was somebody else. I’ve been trying to get rbs like Howard, Coleman to no avail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:


Except Baker has zero time to let anything develop... 


but again part of that is game plan and play calling. Establish the run and play action more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, K197040 said:

3-2 here drafting OBJ, JuJu, and Montgomery with 3 of my first 4 picks.

 

 

LOL I drafted the same, but I'm 1-4

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KrazyMuchacho said:

 

LOL I drafted the same, but I'm 1-4

Fantasy football.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:


Except Baker has zero time to let anything develop... 

 

So did Eli for 15 years...and he won 2 SB MVPs and is going to the HOF  No excuses.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

So did Eli for 15 years...and he won 2 SB MVPs and is going to the HOF  No excuses.


No doubt Mayfield is looking poor.
 

Did Eli’s coaches call more quick passing plays instead of whatever the heck Kitchensink is calling? 
 

The Browns should try running Chubb and using play action. They should also try a fast paced (2 minute drill) offense and pepper OBJ with short routes to set up the long routes. 
 

Some of the NFL seems to have gone to trying to hit a Homerun instead of using strategy and their striking out a lot. Sounds familiar (MLB). 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came here to see whats up with OBJ. I was offered OBJ for my James Conner in a keeper league. I have Fournette and Kamara at RB, my WR are Godwin and Lockett. No flex so Conner has been on my bench. Scoring is low 1 pt per 25 yds and 6 pt per TD with no bonuses. Am I crazy to accept it? I'm worried about Conner and the Pitt offense and I figure OBJ will rebound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, norcaljeffery said:

I'm worried about Conner and the Pitt offense and I figure OBJ will rebound.

Sounds like you answered it yourself

I'd say go for it , I believe in Odell too. I just traded for him today actually. I believe he'll rebound soon enough. He does have 3 bad matchups after the bye but after those 3 it looks super sweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:


No doubt Mayfield is looking poor.
 

Did Eli’s coaches call more quick passing plays instead of whatever the heck Kitchensink is calling? 
 

The Browns should try running Chubb and using play action. They should also try a fast paced (2 minute drill) offense and pepper OBJ with short routes to set up the long routes. 
 

Some of the NFL seems to have gone to trying to hit a Homerun instead of using strategy and their striking out a lot. Sounds familiar (MLB). 
 

 

Eli made targeting OBJ a priority (Baker hasn't), and made an emphasis to get him the ball on short and intermediate throws whenever his OL couldn't protect him (which was pretty much all the time).  Many of OBJ's biggest plays as a Giant were audibles at the line of scrimmage from Eli (i.e. the game winner against BAL in the 2016 season)

 

https://youtu.be/GQpiAtIux4k

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.