The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, joshua18 said:

So did Eli for 15 years...and he won 2 SB MVPs and is going to the HOF  No excuses.

We get it, you're an Eli nuthugger and Giants homer.  Those of us living in the real world recognize him for the mediocre QB he is.

On topic, it's going to be a tough couple weeks with Seattle, NE, and Buffalo, but I don't know if there's a WR with a nicer looking schedule then OBJ's 11-16.  Hopefully this offense gets their crap together before then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdko said:

We get it, you're an Eli nuthugger and Giants homer.  Those of us living in the real world recognize him for the mediocre QB he is.

On topic, it's going to be a tough couple weeks with Seattle, NE, and Buffalo, but I don't know if there's a WR with a nicer looking schedule then OBJ's 11-16.  Hopefully this offense gets their crap together before then.

In the REAL WORLD, the truth is that OBJ is doing just as poorly as anyone who properly accounted for Eli's value on his career numbers.

You're welcome to join us in the real world instead of the la-la land where you laughably believe that Baker >>> Eli.  Or you can continue your delusion that Baker has been a boon to OBJ's value.  Your choice.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

In the REAL WORLD, the truth is that OBJ is doing just as poorly as anyone who properly accounted for Eli's value on his career numbers.

You're welcome to join us in the real world instead of the la-la land where you laughably believe that Baker >>> Eli.  Or you can continue your delusion that Baker has been a boon to OBJ's value.  Your choice.

My dude how you been here since ‘13 but have no picture lol

I can’t wait till obj does obj things this weekend and everyone on here praising themselves for moving him for spare parts has that moment where you know you f***ed up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I can’t wait till obj does obj things this weekend and everyone on here praising themselves for moving him for spare parts has that moment where you know you f***ed up. 

I agree. It's coming even if it isn't this week . I can understand moving on if you get quality back

2 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I agree. It's coming even if it isn't this week . I can understand moving on if you get quality back

I think it's gonna happen this week. he's gonna get oiled. bad spot for the hawks.

Agree with blazer about peeps that may have moved him for pennies on the dollar. they will rue the day. the numbers will come the more mayfield and OBJ work together. 

3 minutes ago, cerdo said:

I think it's gonna happen this week. he's gonna get oiled. bad spot for the hawks.

Agree with blazer about peeps that may have moved him for pennies on the dollar. they will rue the day. the numbers will come the more mayfield and OBJ work together. 

Really hope you're right. I literally just bought on a guy selling low.  This my first week with obj.  I've been a part of the ride though in my keeper league. He's one of my keepers

20 hours ago, KrazyMuchacho said:

LOL I drafted the same, but I'm 1-4

this is why my league structures payouts differently than most. half the pot goes to 1st and 2nd place regular season best record. half the pot goes to 1st and 2nd place in playoffs.

takes the sting out of having a solid 13 weeks then getting snakebit and knocked out early in playoffs.

all league owners love it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Really hope you're right. I literally just bought on a guy selling low.  This my first week with obj.  I've been a part of the ride though in my keeper league. He's one of my keepers

if you haven't already, check out the link to cleveland.com article on previous page. its a great read. in every vid clip, OBJ is open and mayfield simply didn't throw to him for one reason or another (pressure, missed read, didn't anticipate him being open,etc.). like i said, once they get more familiar with each other and look at the film, they will start to connect. latter part of browns schedule looks promising. cant wait.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cerdo said:

this is why my league structures payouts differently than most. half the pot goes to 1st and 2nd place regular season best record. half the pot goes to 1st and 2nd place in playoffs.

takes the sting out of having a solid 13 weeks then getting snakebit and knocked out early in playoffs.

all league owners love it.

That’s cool. Playoffs are super fluky. But some just like the - gamble for it all -excitement. 

I also like payouts for most points scored season long (i.e. Roto). A little less luck. 

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I’m not high in Mayfield. Never have been. I think it was his behavior more than anything that concerned me.

Browns blew it by not taking Barkley and then best QB available with their 2nd first round pick. Which could’ve ended up Mayfield haha. Or a better QB option tbh. (Edit, nothing against Chubb, a stud himself, but Barkley is in his own tier)

Maybe Mayfield will figure it out. He’s got some great tools and abilities. OBJ could blow up. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 2

11 targets, 6 Rec 101 yards

One of the looks a slant in the end zone that was just terribly timed. The rapport is growing, once they get on the same page the tds will come.

Everyone stepping off the ledge for the week? Or is this dude still trash?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

11 targets, 6 Rec 101 yards

One of the looks a slant in the end zone that was just terribly timed. The rapport is growing, once they get on the same page the tds will come.

Everyone stepping off the ledge for the week? Or is this dude still trash?

Meh. This week he performed fine, but now gets a bye, @NE, @DEN, and Buffalo. His playoff schedule looks decent but at that point he's cost a lot of us a chance at making the postseason. He's only averaged ~10.5 points in .5 ppr leagues so far, and the next stretch doesn't look any easier. I'm probably still going to look to trade him.

22 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

Meh. This week he performed fine, but now gets a bye, @NE, @DEN, and Buffalo. His playoff schedule looks decent but at that point he's cost a lot of us a chance at making the postseason. He's only averaged ~10.5 points in .5 ppr leagues so far, and the next stretch doesn't look any easier. I'm probably still going to look to trade him.

He’s had three real duds, two average games and one blow up spot. If that cost you the playoffs then you did a poor job drafting elsewhere. Hell, Keenan has had three absolute stinkers last three weeks, Julio has had two, and Hopkins has been average outside of one game.

Bottom line dude is a top 5 talent. The more him and baker get on the same page the more he will produce. People were looking to sell for pennies on the dollar. I’d encourage the opposite. With his bye this is a good time to buy low. 

Edited by Nyblazer11235
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

He’s had three real duds, two average games and one blow up spot. If that cost you the playoffs then you did a poor job drafting elsewhere. Hell, Keenan has had three absolute stinkers last three weeks, Julio has had two, and Hopkins has been average outside of one game.

Bottom line dude is a top 5 talent. The more him and baker get on the same page the more he will produce. People were looking to sell for pennies on the dollar. I’d encourage the opposite. With his bye this is a good time to buy low. 

My point was that he has been below average, and now has a bye and 3 straight weeks of tough sledding. Getting average/below average production from your 1st or 2nd pick for the first 9 weeks will definitely cost some people a chance at the playoffs. Of course it's not all on him, but he's a major factor. If he can go off against one or two of these tough defenses, than my point is moot.

2 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

My point was that he has been below average, and now has a bye and 3 straight weeks of tough sledding. Getting average/below average production from your 1st or 2nd pick for the first 9 weeks will definitely cost some people a chance at the playoffs. Of course it's not all on him, but he's a major factor. If he can go off against one or two of these tough defenses, than my point is moot.

Unless your CMC you have produced some duds so far this year. You are already somehow writing him off in his next three matchups. I’m saying this week the volume and rapport was a very encouraging sign. The result was a solid week. 

People on here were relegating him to the trash heap and looking to move him for anything. I have no problem selling if your getting a fair package, but some of the values for him in this thread were mind boggling. 

The bye couldn't have come at a better time; I'm staying the course. Dude is just too good. If you've watched closely enough, you've probably noticed that he's actually settling in nicely, despite all the dysfunction surrounding him. Might not be a league-winner this year, but you'll want to be there when he inevitably goes off, probably late in the season when we're all desperate for a win. I understand if you're already in "must-win" mode and have to take risks to stay alive, but if you're in the mix, I think you gotta ride this out at least until midseason.

On 10/12/2019 at 1:02 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

I’m not high in Mayfield. Never have been. I think it was his behavior more than anything that concerned me.

Browns blew it by not taking Barkley and then best QB available with their 2nd first round pick. Which could’ve ended up Mayfield haha. Or a better QB option tbh. (Edit, nothing against Chubb, a stud himself, but Barkley is in his own tier)

Maybe Mayfield will figure it out. He’s got some great tools and abilities. OBJ could blow up. 

It might be the glaring lack of talent that bothers you about Mayfield. 

Typical college QB that won't translate to the NFL. 

I have no idea what Cleveland was thinking. He's short, slow, and you're spending a #1 pick on him? Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

[...]

Anybody know what value he has currently? What RB targets I can trade OBJ for?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

13 hours ago, GoddardsTools said:

[...]

Anybody know what value he has currently? What RB targets I can trade OBJ for?

Derrick Henry? Mark Ingram? Unfortunately you’re not going to get a sure fire RB1 for Odell right now.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27898684/wr-odell-beckham-jr-fined-14k-not-wearing-pants-cover-knees

The interesting aspect, to me, is I did a google search to see the 'infraction'.  While it does appear to be accurate, what stood out was 90% of the pictures of him on the Giants, appears to be the exact same.  I'm not an OBJ defender in the least, but this seems ridiculous.  Rules are rules, fine, I get that, but this seems like a petty revenge fine to make a point, rather than a legitimate enforcement of the rules.

Meanwhile, refs are out here completely destroying games on a weekly basis, with no repercussions.

15 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Easy sit next week.

Can't sit a player with his ability unless you're very deep at WR or in a very shallow league. The best hope here is that the NE D hasn't faced a WR of his caliber or really any reputable offense since maaaaaaaaaybe Pittsburgh. Not that the Browns are a reputable offense. But they at least have the potential to be with the weapons