The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, MKO3090 said:

Can't sit a player with his ability unless you're very deep at WR or in a very shallow league. The best hope here is that the NE D hasn't faced a WR of his caliber or really any reputable offense since maaaaaaaaaybe Pittsburgh. Not that the Browns are a reputable offense. But they at least have the potential to be with the weapons

Problem is not just OBJ's ability but the lack of poise and accuracy that Mayfield has shown recently.   Against NE, he's going to be under pressure as well as throwing into a great defensive scheme. 

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Problem is not just OBJ's ability but the lack of poise and accuracy that Mayfield has shown recently.   Against NE, he's going to be under pressure as well as throwing into a great defensive scheme. 

Do you think an NFL caliber coach could figure out how to game plan against that? 

It's amazing. See Jets last night. Keep trying the deep routes, it's working great! LMAO

OBJ and Landry could be peppered with slants, hitches, etc. (short routes) and eat them up if they were smart. And of course run Chubb early to establish the play action.

But no, watch Kitchens come out with gadget plays and try for a Homerun every other play.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Starting him with supreme confidence! Save this

tenor.gif?itemid=6161804

• Like 2

Must-start? I don't think so. What has Odell exactly done this season to merit supreme confidence?

2 receptions for 20 yards vs Ravens?

2 receptions for 27 yards vs 49ers?

6 receptions for 56 yards vs an under-performing Rams secondary?

7 receptions for 71 vs Titans? nothing spectacular. 

The two good performances he had were against a swiss-cheese Seahawks secondary and an even more depleted-than-usual Jets defense, with stats inflated by that one monster slant he housed to the endzone. 

If the Ravens and 49ers silenced him, the Patriots are more than likely to absolutely cancel him. Very much like how Darnold was "seeing ghosts last night," Mayfield is not going to have a clue what hit him. Bellichick's defensive schemes are second to none and that DLine should make child's play of that rag-tag bunch of misfits pretending as offensive linemen. Oh, and let's not forget Stephen Gilmore, the best cornerback in the league, who will also have some fun pestering Odell all night. 

I get the whole "start your studs" adage, but this Patriots D is historic, and the Browns are historically pathetic. 

Make no mistake, Odell is an ascendant talent...but this Patriots D is no damn joke - and as everybody knows, Bill always finds a way to cancel out a team's best weapon. Do not hesitate much to replace him with another flex-worthy receiver with upside that has a favorable match-up. There's plenty out there. 

1 minute ago, J Boogie said:

Must-start? I don't think so. What has Odell exactly done this season to merit supreme confidence?

I get the whole "start your studs" adage, but this Patriots D is historic, and the Browns are historically pathetic. 

Make no mistake, Odell is an ascendant talent...but this Patriots D is no damn joke - and as everybody knows, Bill always finds a way to cancel out a team's best weapon. Do not hesitate much to replace him with another flex-worthy receiver with upside that has a favorable match-up. There's plenty out there. 

X-factor for me is the match-up between.....Head Coaches. BB made Gase look like a fool and I am fully confident that BB and his elite defense will give Kitchens and his underachieving offense fits. Should be another tough game for OBJ.

• Like 2

Browns offense:

run

run 

50 yard bomb

run 

gadget play

50 yard bomb

50 yard bomb

gadget play

gadget play

50 yard bomb

50 yard bomb

run

run

50 yard bomb 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

You have to start him. I know they play NE but brownies off a bye. NE has to prepare for Chubb and Landry as well. 

NE won’t send the house like they did vs Jets, everyone knows mayfield is better when he gets the ball out quickly. 

unless you are playing in a 10 team league with GREAT options, you are playing Odell. 

22 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

You have to start him. I know they play NE but brownies off a bye. NE has to prepare for Chubb and Landry as well. 

NE won’t send the house like they did vs Jets, everyone knows mayfield is better when he gets the ball out quickly. 

unless you are playing in a 10 team league with GREAT options, you are playing Odell. 

NE will game plan to limit Odell not Landry  and we all know they have a high chance of succeeding with Gilmore and coverage over the top 

1 hour ago, affliction said:

NE will game plan to limit Odell not Landry  and we all know they have a high chance of succeeding with Gilmore and coverage over the top 

So their plan is to just let Cleveland and BM do what they have been doing. He's been limited since he got to Cleveland. 

And BM is the perfect initials for Baker. He's been nothing but a turd all year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Duckbutter said:

So their plan is to just let Cleveland and BM do what they have been doing. He's been limited since he got to Cleveland. 

And BM is the perfect initials for Baker. He's been nothing but a turd all year. 

BMs are actually very helpful.  

This has another lame 30-60 yd game written all over it.

NE will kill both Mayfield and ODB

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

gotta luv Hoodie 🤣

Every coach could tell him that this year. What a bust

33 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

gotta luv Hoodie 🤣

It's a funny comment, but OBJ has only played the Patriots once (Week 10, 2015: Posted Line of 12/4/104/1).

• Like 3

Really don’t know what to make of him ROS. I want target him in a trade but his schedule isn’t soft, Baker is playing terribly and he’s had some pretty bad drops. Still though, the cream always rises to the top right?...

36 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

Really don’t know what to make of him ROS. I want target him in a trade but his schedule isn’t soft, Baker is playing terribly and he’s had some pretty bad drops. Still though, the cream always rises to the top right?...

Not always.

Bad schedule, bad QB, bad O-line, bad coach.  It's a lot to overcome. 

Edited by K197040

1 hour ago, Pigskingpin said:

Aim for him next week or week after. After these 3 games the schedule looks great

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

Not always.

Bad schedule, bad QB, bad O-line, bad coach.  It's a lot to overcome. 

True but we’ve seen Baker play well  before and OBJ has had big games this season so it’s not like we have yet to see it. I ended up trading for him knowing good and well this week will probably be a wash. Hopefully Kitchens can get him going and even better would be the Browns acquiring Trent Williams or Nate Solder before the deadline.