Rotoworld.com Forums

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmaoooo this dude said Godwin for Odell 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Someone gonna break their phone screen pressing reject so hard 

Bill to Odell right now

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

San Fran probably wouldn't but if they offered that #2 pick for Beckham that's a no brainer. 

Jimmy G needs a stud wr, we already know this offense can plug in any avg rb and have a running game

43 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

For the Giant's sake I hope they do that deal. 

For the Niners it is basically whether they want Bosa or OBJ (if NY is willing to trade OBJ and if the Cardinals do indeed take Murray #1).  The #6 pick would still land the Niners a great player.

Edited by ToO_BaD
25 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

For the Niners it is basically whether they want Bosa or OBJ (if NY is willing to trade OBJ and if the Cardinals do indeed take Murray #1).  The #6 pick would still land the Niners a great player.

What? The Jets hold the #6 pick.

3 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Um no?  The Jets have the #3.....

Wow. I stand corrected. I was looking at a mock draft that has the picks all out of order...dafuq.

Point stands though. If the Giants traded OBJ to SF for their 2nd overall pick as you mention, how does their 6th pick benefit SF? That makes no sense. In your scenario, is SF trading #2 for OBJ and their 6th pick? lol.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Wow. I stand corrected. I was looking at a mock draft that has the picks all out of order...dafuq.

Point stands though. If the Giants traded OBJ to SF for their 2nd overall pick as you mention, how does their 6th pick benefit SF? That makes no sense. In your scenario, is SF trading #2 for OBJ and their 6th pick? lol.

From what I have read, it would be OBJ + #6 for #2 and another pick from the Niners.  I can't imagine the Niners would offer the #2 straight up for him.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/3/6/18252865/odell-beckham-trade-rumors-nfl-draft-nick-bosa-49ers-decision

That is what I was implying.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ToO_BaD said:

I don't have a very high opinion of Gettleman, but not even he would package the No. 6 pick with Beckham for the No. 2 pick. The reason why trading OBJ for the No 2 pick is so attractive is that it gives you 2 top 6 picks. 

2 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

I don't have a very high opinion of Gettleman, but not even he would package the No. 6 pick with Beckham for the No. 2 pick. The reason why trading OBJ for the No 2 pick is so attractive is that it gives you 2 top 6 picks. 

I don't believe it would be just the #2 pick by itself.  Potentially a third rounder and/or a future pick.  I mean if you can show me anything that has hinted it would just be OBJ for #2, please post.  But like I said above - what I have read is that it would be a pick swap.  I posted one above, here is another:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/03/05/odell-beckham-jr-to-the-49ers-trade-chatter-picking-up-steam/#1d154cb5469e

19 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I don't believe it would be just the #2 pick by itself.  Potentially a third rounder and/or a future pick.  I mean if you can show me anything that has hinted it would just be OBJ for #2, please post.  But like I said above - what I have read is that it would be a pick swap.  I posted one above, here is another:

I'm not refuting that people are putting it out there as a possibility, I just don't see it happening. If it does I think it's a colossal error on Gettleman's part. 

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Why am I higher on OBJ in SF than OBJ in NY? 😆

Because he would have Jimmy G throwing to him, he'd be in Shanahan's offense rather than the archaic Giants scheme. Basically better QB, better coach, the list goes on as to why SF is a better spot for OBJ than NYG.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

I don't think it's feasible tbh. I think the Pats need to use their picks especially with all the potentials that are on their way out. But hey, I can dream right? Lol.

Early march is all about speculation. It's fun to think about and discuss too no matter how improbable 

Not sure I agree with the Bosa or OBJ assessment being discussed here.  A volatile receiver with a big contract is not worth the #2 pick in any draft.  The 49ers have all the cards here, they can go after Brown for say a 2nd or 3rd round pick most likely, which can be used as leverage in any trade discussion with the Giants.  Once Brown is traded, they lose that leverage, and the more likely scenario is a trade of #2 and something else for the #6 and Beckham.  This scenario is especially more likely if Haskins starts to get some momentum up the analysts draft boards and the Giants want him.

I think the 49ers land either Brown or Beckham, and the decision is do you want to deal with the headaches of Brown for a cheaper price, or Beckham for a premium.

2 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I think the 49ers land either Brown or Beckham, and the decision is do you want to deal with the headaches of Brown for a cheaper price, or Beckham for a premium.

Might be more of a premium but is also a few years younger

1 minute ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Not sure I agree with the Bosa or OBJ assessment being discussed here.  A volatile receiver with a big contract is not worth the #2 pick in any draft.  The 49ers have all the cards here, they can go after Brown for say a 2nd or 3rd round pick most likely, which can be used as leverage in any trade discussion with the Giants.  Once Brown is traded, they lose that leverage, and the more likely scenario is a trade of #2 and something else for the #6 and Beckham.  This scenario is especially more likely if Haskins starts to get some momentum up the analysts draft boards and the Giants want him.

Well any reports can obviously be smoke screens, but it has been reported that Lynch has stated the Niners haven't reached out to the Steelers, and don't appear to have interest in Brown at this time.  

A lot of people are thinking the Giants would move OBJ +#6 for SF's #2 + something.

Wish they would offer what that "something" could be.

Can't see the Giants moving OBJ and giving up their #6 just to move up 4 spots...
Agree they need their QB, but this isn't the deal to get it done.

OBJ + their 2nd for SF's 1st would be better aligned or they get a more realistic deal elsewhere or they just keep him.
Wouldn't mind drafting Haskins and seeing if they could still make it work with OBJ... At this point, it feels like a longshot...

Edited by Winky

Actually am very high on Odell this year after the trade with the Browns. Solder seemed to be getting it together towards the 2nd half of the season and now they have a beast RG for Eli. I think it’s actually better if they don’t get a rookie QB cause Eli knows how feed Odell...if he puts together a whole season I could see a low projection of 1300/10, and a ceiling anywhere around 1450+/12+.

Depending on how the draft goes, there defense could be even worse than last year. Predicting a lot of shootouts and odell now having more than 3 seconds to get downfield :)

I owned Odell last year, watched a lot and absolutely hated his situation. But he’s still arguably one of the best WR in the league (below deandre for me) the recent events made me think the Giants could actually be competent this year. Right now he’s me WR4 below Deandre and Tyreek/Adams.