The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

I bet he would walk to the end of the earth for a chance to go back to NY. He would look nice with danny dimes to bad he is such a headcase 

The point is, and we've all been in this position before, you have to determine whether the possibility of a bounce back is worth more than the scraps you'll get in return. I'm more inclined to take my chances because I like to shoot for upside rather than just coasting by as a 6 seed, but everyone can play fantasy in their own individual way, and no one knows who will be right and who will be wrong until after the fact.

What I'm saying is, anyone who thinks I'm gonna sell super low on OBJ can get bent

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, atrium said:

The point is, and we've all been in this position before, you have to determine whether the possibility of a bounce back is worth more than the scraps you'll get in return. I'm more inclined to take my chances because I like to shoot for upside rather than just coasting by as a 6 seed, but everyone can play fantasy in their own individual way, and no one knows who will be right and who will be wrong until after the fact.

What I'm saying is, anyone who thinks I'm gonna sell super low on OBJ can get bent

I'm talking about in the Boyd and Woods range, maybe even taking a flier on AJG. That's the type of value I'm talking about. But some want in the Kupp, Godwin, Evans, Julio range which is ridiculous. Unless Baker gets benched I'm not seeing where he is all of a sudden going to break out.

Edited by FitzMagic

11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm talking about in the Boyd and Woods range, maybe even taking a flier on AJG. That's the type of value I'm talking about. But some want in the Kupp, Godwin, Evans, Julio range which is ridiculous. Unless Baker gets benched I'm not seeing where he is all of a sudden going to break out.

Kupp/Godwin/Julio range is crazy, but he's basically playing at the Boyd/Woods level already (pretty likely to pass Woods this week and either pass or be close to Boyd, who are both on byes), so for me at least the answer would be no, since the upside is still much greater with OBJ.

Despite how terrible things have been, he's still on pace for a 78 catch, 1115 yard season, and gun to my head I'd bet on a higher PPG in the second half than the first half if I was forced to choose. 

If we started getting into the Golladay, Edelman tier, then it'd start getting hard to say no.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Woods ain't a WR2, he's trending down if anything. I don't own any Boyd shares, but it looks like he's been super inconsistent and unreliable. Not any better than OBJ. Like the other guy said, OBJ is already at their level but with the track record of much greater. I'm betting on him.

He mentioned Edelman, Golladay, both of which would be instant accept for me, but I highly doubt the other owner would ever offer that.

Another factor that doesn't get mentioned enough is OBJ's former superstar status. Because he's still regarded as a superstar, albeit an underachieving one, the coaching staff is going to feel more pressure to get him involved and structure their gameplans for him.

With a guy like Woods and Boyd, they don't have that luxury because they're role players. Coaches will go with what works, and if that means they take a back seat, then so be it.

It's another reason that OBJ has a better chance of turning it around imo. There's more incentive to get him involved

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atrium said:

Woods ain't a WR2, he's trending down if anything. I don't own any Boyd shares, but it looks like he's been super inconsistent and unreliable. Not any better than OBJ. Like the other guy said, OBJ is already at their level but with the track record of much greater. I'm betting on him.

He mentioned Edelman, Golladay, both of which would be instant accept for me, but I highly doubt the other owner would ever offer that.

Of course, because they are one low-end WR1 and the other a high-end WR2 and in way better situations than OBJ. So OBJ owners are just better off keeping him ROS because nobody is giving up WR1 or high WR2 value. The only real option is in a decent package with another player or taking depth options with players I mentioned that are giving similar production as well as depth. With the situation with the Rams I don't think you can say Woods has no upside. We will see coming out of the bye how things look. I expect some changes in the offense to involve him more with Cooks on the shelf. It's certainly a way better situation than Cleveland, that's for sure. I mean, Jared Goff is a better QB than Mayfield. That's sad. 

• Like 1

Beckham and the Browns have one of the softest schedules in the lg. Trade him if you must, I just wish I was in your guys leagues.

I told myself this last year but I'm really going to avoid WR's on new teams

What’s the o/u on ODB dropped passes this week?

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

What’s the o/u on ODB dropped passes this week?

I think he'll be dropping Broncos defenders in a get-right spot.

Yes the Denver defense has played okay, but it is a team in collapse.  Someone called Brandon Allen, he if zero career NFL passes, will be starting for them at QB.

8 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Someone called Brandon Allen, he if zero career NFL passes, will be starting for them at QB.

So if you think the Browns will just coast to a win, then why would they even need to pass that often at all to win? That translates to less passing yards, and less targets to OBJ. How's that a positive?

I'm playing because I have to. The only people playing him are because they have no choice. Byes.

The most likely outcome I can think of in standard? 3 catches 47 yards, 2 rushes 4 yards.

1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

So if you think the Browns will just coast to a win, then why would they even need to pass that often at all to win? That translates to less passing yards, and less targets to OBJ. How's that a positive?

Odell will be a big part of why they are winning.

And, then, when they are winning, they will further feed Odell to pump up his confidence and to continue to fine-tune his chemistry with his new quarterback.

• Haha 1

Looks like that hip injury from preseason is still bothering him. I wonder if that has played some role in suckiness this year. 

5 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Looks like that hip injury from preseason is still bothering him. I wonder if that has played some role in suckiness this year. 

Probably minimal.  More so combination of caring more of what ice he can wear to get fined, what wrong pads he can put on to get fined, having a monster bust at QB who put bullseye on back for talking so much s*** now he’s been emasculated, having a junior high school level head coach AND play caller, and also simply being not that good.  Dropped like 5 balls against Seattle’s soft a** secondary.  Guys made a living making a ridiculous one handed catch.  When trade to Browns went down everyone talked about how dumb the Giants were.  In reality his hype was just high being in NYC.  He’s a nice player.  Not that tough to take out of game plan.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Probably minimal.  More so combination of caring more of what ice he can wear to get fined, what wrong pads he can put on to get fined, having a monster bust at QB who put bullseye on back for talking so much s*** now he’s been emasculated, having a junior high school level head coach AND play caller, and also simply being not that good.  Dropped like 5 balls against Seattle’s soft a** secondary.  Guys made a living making a ridiculous one handed catch.  When trade to Browns went down everyone talked about how dumb the Giants were.  In reality his hype was just high being in NYC.  He’s a nice player.  Not that tough to take out of game plan.  

So, you like him going forward?

I just can't entertain injury explanations when I look at Mayfield's "body of work" this year. He's been hideous. 

It's to the point now when OBJ gets a ball throw to him he has to stifle his surprise first which takes maybe just the half second of time of hesitation to cause him to drop said ball.

Eli pwns Mayfield is the bottom line, and that really does not provide a promising outlook for Mayfield, either this year or the rest of his "career".

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

So, you like him going forward?

I own him in my big league and I’ll start him rest of season without question.  But I’m expecting WR2/3 numbers.  Watched a lot of him last few years.  I just don’t think he’s that good honestly.  Got conned into drafting him, my own fault.  He’s Randy Moss on run downs (couldn’t give 2 f****) and then he can’t Moss anyone on deep balls.  So what does that leave you?  A decent WR2?  🤷🏻‍♂️

Preston Williams who is on my waivers  has outscored him the last four weeks Odell is a wr3 with upside only in plus matchups 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

🤦‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1

Up until this point I have been in the camp that it is mostly Baker turning beckham into an average receiver but after today’s game it is most definitely more on Kitchens than Baker, but Baker still plays a huge role as well.

On 4th down with your season on the line you call a play where the first option is your 3rd best player on offense and Baker makes it worse by locking into his first read even though he’s running into double/triple coverage. Last off season I thought Bowles got screwed when he got fired after one year but Kitchens doesn’t deserve to even get one year. In one off season he’s turned a promising Baker into Blaine Gabbert, Jarvis Landry into a lesser version of Cole Beasley and OBJ into a JAG.

In dynasty/keeper leagues I’m going to be pushing hard for him until the deadlines but for redraft I would be petrified. I think it will get better but I would say more like Mid/High WR2 not like he’s been in recent years.

I can’t believe Baker had Odell 1-on-1 on that 4th down play and did not throw him the ball. My god.

He’s the LeVeon Bell of the Browns-incredibly talented player being wasted on a crappy offense with terrible playcalling. 

• Like 2

I don’t even own Odell and it takes every ounce of strength in my body to not to go off on Nagy with a concussion and Johnny Manziel.