The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Jmiller21kg said:

I can’t believe Baker had Odell 1-on-1 on that 4th down play and did not throw him the ball. My god.

He’s the LeVeon Bell of the Browns-incredibly talented player being wasted on a crappy offense with terrible playcalling. 

I agree that Beckham is an incredibly talented player being wasted on a crappy offense with terrible playcalling, as of now.  They may figure it out.

I disagree that Le'Veon Bell fits this definition, however.  Bell is just slow and bad.

Glass half full: This was projected to be a defensive slug-fest and the Browns D couldn't even stop a practice squad QB on a team that recently traded their no. 2 WR. Beckham still produced with limited opportunities. When the Browns went to him, good things happened. After OBJ reminded Kitchens and Mayfield of who he is with a dynamic play, Mayfield went right back to him and got a DPI to set up their only TD of the day for Landry. Mayfield is going to watch the tape today, see Beckham running open in the game-losing drive, and realize he is not just another WR. He'll realize he needs to have OBJ on his mind in every passing play because he's just that good. I mean, OBJ extended Manning's career by at least 3 years. He can save me (Mayfield) too.

Glass half empty: Baker Mayfield is stubborn as hell. And Kitchens is worse. They are both committed, for reasons unknowns, to prove to everyone they don't need OBJ and will continue to spread the ball around to highlight their acumen. I mean, relying on their best WR is so beneath them. I mean who would do that? Loser QBs like Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan. OBJ should be happy he got 6 whole targets and be thankful he's being used as a decoy. Mayfield's awareness is too great to throw to a WR in coverage, even if it is to only give this diva WR a chance. Oh, and that matchups don't get any easier. Onto BUF and PIT the next 2 weeks. 

Edited by MKO3090
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, affliction said:

My dynasty guys how do you feel? Freddie has to get fired. 

2 options both good for OBJ:

1. Kitchens gets fired 

2. Kitchens somehow turns the offense around and keeps his job.

1 is more likely than 2 but both are good for OBJs value, I’m all for acquiring him in dynasty/keeper leagues as his value will never be lower. I actually traded for him 2 weeks ago in one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

2 options both good for OBJ:

1. Kitchens gets fired 

2. Kitchens somehow turns the offense around and keeps his job.

1 is more likely than 2 but both are good for OBJs value, I’m all for acquiring him in dynasty/keeper leagues as his value will never be lower. I actually traded for him 2 weeks ago in one.

Option 3- Baker isnt a good qb and odell continues to be forgotten,  regardless of who is calling plays.

Seasons half over, baker has seen the tape and is failo5ng to adjust. Or dude just dgaf and does his own thing cause it worked in college.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, itslarry said:

Option 3- Baker isnt a good qb and odell continues to be forgotten,  regardless of who is calling plays.

Seasons half over, baker has seen the tape and is failo5ng to adjust. Or dude just dgaf and does his own thing cause it worked in college.

Option 3 has nothing to with Freddie kitchens which was the originally asked question, yes Baker is bad but unfortunately that’s not changing for at least 1.5-2 more years.

Jarvis Landry 23 targets last two games, Odell Beckham 13 targets. That is unacceptable why did you trade for a 100 million dollar WR to target him a handful of times a game. Throw in the fact that the coach benches Chubb on 3rd and short situations LOL. Kitchens literally does nothing that makes sense there is nothing logical to anything he's doing. 

Side Note- Mayfield changed his facial hair 3x in 3 hours what a complete tool. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Jarvis Landry 23 targets last two games, Odell Beckham 13 targets. That is unacceptable why did you trade for a 100 million dollar WR to target him a handful of times a game. Throw in the fact that the coach benches Chubb on 3rd and short situations LOL. Kitchens literally does nothing that makes sense there is nothing logical to anything he's doing. 

Side Note- Mayfield changed his facial hair 3x in 3 hours what a complete tool. 

I blame the NFL owners, GM's etc., whoever is giving these clown coaches jobs. It's not just Kitchens. Football is hard to watch these days. (not all, but a lot of it)

• Like 1

I wonder if Baker is trying to play through a concussion?  His decision making and judgment seem off.

Better days ahead for Beckham.  Maybe not this week v. Tra'Davious White, but after that the schedule opens up.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

I wonder if Baker is trying to play through a concussion?  His decision making and judgment seem off.

Better days ahead for Beckham. 

Maybe not this week v. Tra'Davious White, but after that the schedule opens up.

On Beckham having few targets in the red zone this season and if the team needs to target him more in the red zone:

“I think we need to execute better.”

🤔

🤔

🤣

The point Kitchens made repeatedly Monday is that no matter the circumstances, his team simply has to execute better.

“We had 10 drives. Seven of them should have resulted in points,” Kitchens said. “We ended two drives on fourth down, and we scored on five drives. We did not score enough touchdowns in the red zone, or the conversation would be different. Just simply put, you know. We got to convert. We got to be more successful in the red zone. We got to play better red-zone football." 

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

On Beckham having few targets in the red zone this season and if the team needs to target him more in the red zone:

“I think we need to execute better.”

🤔

🤔

🤣

The point Kitchens made repeatedly Monday is that no matter the circumstances, his team simply has to execute better.

“We had 10 drives. Seven of them should have resulted in points,” Kitchens said. “We ended two drives on fourth down, and we scored on five drives. We did not score enough touchdowns in the red zone, or the conversation would be different. Just simply put, you know. We got to convert. We got to be more successful in the red zone. We got to play better red-zone football." 

I can't even comprehend this nonsense anymore, Mayfield threw the ball 42 times! only 6 of those throws went to Beckham, absurd. 

Watching Kitchens speak I feel like I'm watching a scene from Billy Madison.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 targets.  Minimum.  10.

Write it down so you don't forget.

Or shave a 10-shaped space in your facial hair.

Or tie a little string around your finger.

Whatever it takes.

Beckham will be seeing Tra'Davious White's coverage this week against Buffalo so he could have yet another down game.  I'm 6-3 in the league that I own him in but he's been the weakest link of my receiving corps all season.  Like others, I expected a lot more other than one blowup game from my late 1st round draft pick.  Lucky for me I also drafted Amari Cooper and Chris Godwin.

Baker doesn’t trust his protection so he’s getting rid of it quickly to receivers he trusts. For whatever reason he and Odell haven’t been able to get on the same page. The plays Freddie calls to get the ball to OBJ are often convoluted motion plays where he catches the ball at the line of scrimmage. Hopefully it starts to click soon. I’d like to see some slant and some drag routes where he can work himself open rather than quick screens. 

4 minutes ago, FootballOutsider said:

Baker doesn’t trust his protection so he’s getting rid of it quickly to receivers he trusts. For whatever reason he and Odell haven’t been able to get on the same page. The plays Freddie calls to get the ball to OBJ are often convoluted motion plays where he catches the ball at the line of scrimmage. Hopefully it starts to click soon. I’d like to see some slant and some drag routes where he can work himself open rather than quick screens. 

Beckham has the talent to have a big game even against shutdown corners and Mayfield just needs to get him the ball.  The schedule lightens up in the coming weeks as we approach the fantasy playoffs so hopefully he can have some big games.

We need Kevin to slap some sense into Baker, or dump cans of paint on him, or put a tarantula on his face, or drop a tool box on his head, or electrocute him. Man, whatever it takes at this point, THROW ODELL THE DAMN BALL.

Edited by CroNY
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Starting him because of byes. Let's go!!!

see you in the vent/rant thread later!!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Beckham has the talent to have a big game even against shutdown corners and Mayfield just needs to get him the ball.

I'm much less afraid of White than I was of Harris. The latter has a body count. Shutdown Davante Adams, T.Y. Hilton, and Keenan Allen. And OBJ worked this man. With a competent QB, we were looking at 120 yds and a TD in under 10 targets. Who has White stopped? Oh yea, Tyler Boyd, Josh Gordon, and Scary Terry (Dwayne Haskins). 

Not saying this week everything turns around. It's still less than an ideal matchup. And the QB is stubborn. But I think similar output to the last can be expected. It at least is no worse a situation than the last.

Edited by MKO3090