The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, K197040 said:

In general I agree but sometimes I question how true it is.  Would the right situation have made guys like Corey Davis or even D Parker top level WRs?  There are probably other examples as well.  Is it possible that there are elite talents in situations so bad that we never see how good they are?   

Davante Parker and Corey Davis have been limited by I-N-J-U-R-Y all their career. As for talented people not shining because of injury, uh, yeah. #sports

We almost had a 75-yard TD on the first play from scrimmage.  Keep the faith.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, affliction said:

The best got damn wr3 in the game 

hell yeah 

Next gen stats made by dudes who are a bill ten dripping wet say he’s good though.  He sucks.  Some of its scheme, some of its his crappy coach/QB.  But quite frankly he isn’t very tough to take out of game plan.  Said it last week a few cheerleaders laughed at my post.  I’m sure they’re laughing at the do nothing production he put up again this week.  WR2/3 who’s overhyped and will always be WR1 for next few years because of “the catch”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

Next gen stats made by dudes who are a bill ten dripping wet say he’s good though.  He sucks.  Some of its scheme, some of its his crappy coach/QB.  But quite frankly he isn’t very tough to take out of game plan.  Said it last week a few cheerleaders laughed at my post.  I’m sure they’re laughing at the do nothing production he put up again this week.  WR2/3 who’s overhyped and will always be WR1 for next few years because of “the catch”.

Defense? 🤔

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Defense? 🤔

Always a new reason why the box score doesn’t fill.  Defense, coaches fault, QB sucks, OL sucks.  

18 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Always a new reason why the box score doesn’t fill.  Defense, coaches fault, QB sucks, OL sucks.  

Serious question, if he's so easy to scheme away from a game plan, why was he so good in NY? It wasn't just 1 year that he put up top-10 numbers:

#1 in yards/game in 2014

#3 in yards/game in 2015

#5 in yards/game in 2016

#10 in yards/game in 2017 (only played 4 games)

#9 in yards/game in 2018

He's not my favorite guy to defend, I don't think he's miraculously going to be a top 3 WR going forward, and I think there's a very real chance he's a WR2 the rest of the year and over-drafted next year, but it's really hard for me to take analysis seriously from folks who make suggestions that he's always been a pedestrian receiver and is easy to scheme away... if that was the case he wouldn't have put up the numbers he did in the past.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, vercrazy said:

Serious question, if he's so easy to scheme away from a game plan, why was he so good in NY? It wasn't just 1 year that he put up top-10 numbers:

#1 in yards/game in 2014

#3 in yards/game in 2015

#5 in yards/game in 2016

#10 in yards/game in 2017 (only played 4 games)

#9 in yards/game in 2018

He's not my favorite guy to defend, I don't think he's miraculously going to be a top 3 WR going forward, and I think there's a very real chance he's a WR2 the rest of the year and over-drafted next year, but it's really hard for me to take analysis seriously from folks who make suggestions that he's always been a pedestrian receiver and is easy to scheme away... if that was the case he wouldn't have put up the numbers he did in the past.

You answered your own question.  It’s obvious that his athletic prime was his first 3 years.  What made him an icon was freakish athleticism and lightning quickness.  That style of play probably doesn’t age well, especially with the injuries.  And he’s a small guy, not a beast like Evans or MT who don’t rely on quickness.  

13 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

You answered your own question.  It’s obvious that his athletic prime was his first 3 years.  What made him an icon was freakish athleticism and lightning quickness.  That style of play probably doesn’t age well, especially with the injuries.  And he’s a small guy, not a beast like Evans or MT who don’t rely on quickness.  

this is a bad take

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Actually not much of a take.  Those are all facts.  

Odell is out of his prime at the age of 27 and not a beast like Mike Evans or MT...how can you possibly say those are facts and not your personal opinion lol? so reactionary

14 minutes ago, fantasysupersaiyan said:

Odell is out of his prime at the age of 27 and not a beast like Mike Evans or MT...how can you possibly say those are facts and not your personal opinion lol? so reactionary

Uhhh, it actually was a bad take.  Antonio Brown had 2 of his 3 best years between 27-30.

1 hour ago, Rickydragon said:

"Icon." 😂

5 hours ago, fantasysupersaiyan said:

today was a very good step in the right direction. They won, he was targeted a bunch, hes had super hard matchups and the schedule lightens up tremendously. ride odell 

Exactly. People will do/say anything to try to bring this dude down. Im in ppr I was ok with his results the last few weeks. He had a brutal CB on him 3 straight weeks. I didn't draft him , so I'm not BH on his draft capital.  Going forward things will def get better. This Thursday might be the last "mediocre" game of the season.

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fantasysupersaiyan said:

today was a very good step in the right direction. They won, he was targeted a bunch, hes had super hard matchups and the schedule lightens up tremendously. ride odell 

It doesn’t get to much easier quite yet. He still has 2 Pittsburgh matchups coming up. Ask cooper Kupp about them 

20 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

It doesn’t get to much easier quite yet. He still has 2 Pittsburgh matchups coming up. Ask cooper Kupp about them 

Haden did play really well yesterday and Fitzpatrick is on a trolling spree lol . 

Those Brown Steelers games are going to 13-10, 9-6 type of games. MIA CIN and ARI are blow up spots that will lead him to get over drafted next year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GenerallyPoorAdvice said:

Next year don’t draft horrible situations.

Awful coaching, shook QB.

Stop blaming grown men and get better.

In all fairness, this seemed like a great situation before the year started. I thought i had a bargain snagging him in the middle of the second round but that didn't work out. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 minute ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

In all fairness, this seemed like a great situation before the year started.  

Of course it did. We thought the same thing last year too. But never underestimate the ineptitude of a critically wounded NFL organization. The bad ones are so many years behind the good ones that it’s not even funny.

The Browns are poison.

Anyone intelligent would’ve handed play calling duties to Todd Monken after week 3. Week 3! Here we are in week 11. 

(This is not directed at you.) Stop blaming grown men. Get. Better.

Ok lets address the elephant in the room.  Why was he so successful in NY and not in CLE?

because he had a 2 time superbowl mvp and future hall of famer throwing him the ball thats why. Who does he have throwing him the ball now? Johnny football 2.0

dont @ me.